Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Dining Plan Change? in the News & Rumors forums; Disney could have at least kept the Disney Plan a great value if they had to go up on ticket prices. From disneyworld.com MYW plus Dining 2008 There is no ...
    hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Disney could have at least kept the Disney Plan a great value if they had to go up on ticket prices.

From disneyworld.com
    MYW plus Dining 2008
    There is no mention of gratuity being included, so I would assume that it is not included since the 2007 packages specifically mentioned that gratuity was included.
    The site claims you can save up to 32% as opposed to previous 40%.
    • Disney Dining Plan
      For each night of your package, each Guest in your party enjoys:
      • 1 table-service meal
        1 adult table-service meal includes 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available) at table-service restaurants.
      • 1 quick-service meal
        1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available) at quick-service restaurants.
      • 1 snack
        1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.
    MYW plus Deluxe Dining
    Disney Dining Plan
    For each night of your package, each Guest in your party enjoys:
    • 3 meals
      Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service and quick-service restaurants for all 3 of your meals.

1 adult table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available).
    • 2 snacks
      A snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.
    Wine and Dine can be added for $39.99 per room per night.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There is no mention of gratuity being included, so I would assume that it is not included since the 2007 packages specifically mentioned that gratuity was included.
    You're correct...the 2008 Dining Plans (Basic and Deluxe) do not include gratuities.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I guess i was a year off.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    A friend of mine is a server at Disney Studios, she said this will deffinately hurt them.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Wait a minute....now you dont even get refills at TS. Well that is just DUH on their part. The drinks are the cheapest thing to serve...fill ppl up on drinks and they dont eat so much which means they will probably skip dessert which means less money they have to put out on food but also less money the server will get. And Disney05---I think your friend is right.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AUGH! my hubby was like your already out that money.. for the room, the park, the food, the hats and shirts and whatever else you pack home with you.. why oh why?? would they not include tip!!!! dont they know people hardly carry cash on them anymore!!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

JEHI7278 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not to mention that Disney is only reducing the price by $1????? No appetizer and no tip? I think that both of those things are worth more than $1.

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    ok, quick question.....is the dining plan worth it?? It seems like its more expensive than what my family normally spends in a day.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by britney05 View Post
    ok, quick question.....is the dining plan worth it?? It seems like its more expensive than what my family normally spends in a day.
    Quick Question, maybe. Quick answer, not a chance. There is no "right" answer to this question. It's an individual thing. Every person and every family is different. If you're the kind of family who eats at a table service restaurant every day, and everyone orders a appetizer & dessert, then yeah, it's probably worth it. If you're the kind of family who sticks to counter service meals or goes off-property to eat for cheaper, then no, this is probably not for you.

I recommend heading over to AllEars.net and looking at their menus to see the prices for some restaurants (table and counter) that you think you might be interested in. Then figure out how much you're likely to spend on food based on those menus, and compare it to the Dining Plan fee.

The other thing to consider is that in order to get the Dining Plan, you have to book a package, which means no room discounts. It's not uncommon for room discounts (via AAA or for an Annual Passholder, for example) to be very substantial, and thus negate the cost "savings" of the Dining Plan.

Whatever you decide, keep in mind that Dining Plan or no, if you want to do Table Service restaurants, you NEED to book reservations well in advance. Contrary to what some people seem to think (maybe what Disney wants you to think?) Dining Reservations and the Dining Plan have NOTHING to do with each other. If you want to eat at a Table Service restaurant, you need reservations. Period.

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    You know i was hopeful disney was going into a better direction. As much as I hate to say it Disney customer service has gone down hill. Its still pretty good but NOTHING like it used to be. This is another classic example of getting less and less for your money. The wait staff are getting the shaft while disney customers are still expected to pay the same amount of money. The dining plan was great as it was. And you can't tell me Disney was losing money on it. And now will their profits soarin into over a billion dollars this year, and ticket pirces going up they are just getting plain gready. I personally loved the luxury of being able to go into any of the parks with just my ticket and being able to apply all charges to my credit card or being able to get all my meals without having to worry about carrying cash. Now this is hardly an option.

This is contributing to what is slowly becoming a less magical disney as much as it pains me to say it.

What have customers honeslty gotten for their continued years of patronage when costs have just kept climbing? DVC resorts out the wazzoo and a half finished value resort.

Lackluster new attractions and cop outs, and tons of scale backs.

Ugh sorry for being a kill joy.

But I think now is not the time for disney to be concerned with raising more money. For the first time in a long time I think Disney is going to have SERIOUS competition from Universal once Harry Potter comes to town. with over 325Million books sold in that series my guess is that Harry Potter is to children of today what classic disney animation was to children of my generation. If you ask any ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen year old who they would rather meet..."Mickey, or Harry Potter...", or "would you rather ride another toy story based ride where your car spins around and you shoot targets or would you like to explore Hogwarts castle? what do you think they will say?

I would say Disney needs to start thinking a little more competativley and needs to start by offering more top quality imagineering and needs to start remembering that disney magic should not cost as much as a college education
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

toofunnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    This doesn't affect already booked reservations does it? We booked the DP on the free promo for Sept 8-16.

Quote Originally Posted by toofunnie View Post
    This doesn't affect already booked reservations does it? We booked the DP on the free promo for Sept 8-16.
    No. It's for 2008 packages only.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    A quci question that is slightly off topic so i aoplogize in advance. Today I was informed that because I'm using DVC points to stay at a non-DVC resort I cannot participate int he Disney Dining Plan. Does anyone have any idea why?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i havn't heard about this yet but i think i heard something once about you not being able to add the dining plan until you check in if you are a DVC member. Or maybe this is Disney's attempt to get more money out of you. haha
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHuet View Post
    i havn't heard about this yet but i think i heard something once about you not being able to add the dining plan until you check in if you are a DVC member. Or maybe this is Disney's attempt to get more money out of you. haha
    I'm pretty sure it's exactly the opposite - you can't add it at check in. You have to call Member Services prior to arrival.

But this is the first I'm hearing that you can't add it if you're not staying at a DVC resort... :-/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12