Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Dining Plan Change? in the News & Rumors forums; I've heard a rumor that starting August 1st - the DDP will no longer include a tip. Has anyone heard something similar from a reputable source? I also heard that ...
    warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder

Dining Plan Change?

I've heard a rumor that starting August 1st - the DDP will no longer include a tip. Has anyone heard something similar from a reputable source?

I also heard that if your DDP package was paid for by that date - that it would include the tip. Any confirmation on that?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    That is correct. I believe I read it on DisneyWorld.com somewhere while looking through travel information. It hasn't been made very noticable as long as I've noticed.

If you booked the package before, it will include the tip. They can't change what you've bought since it is kinda a contract they have with you.

However, after that date it won't include the tip anymore. However, it's still a great deal.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    That is correct. I believe I read it on DisneyWorld.com somewhere while looking through travel information. It hasn't been made very noticable as long as I've noticed.

If you booked the package before, it will include the tip. They can't change what you've bought since it is kinda a contract they have with you.

However, after that date it won't include the tip anymore. However, it's still a great deal.
    Could you paste the link if you find it?

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    It would be nice if there would be something in writing which way it is going to be.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yeah, I'm starting to hear the rumors about the dining plan. Does anyone have any real info on the proposed changes?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Info from AllEarsNet.com -

1) The Deluxe Dining plan still does NOT include gratuity. It DOES include the appetizer.

2) No word on DVC member pricing. *************

There has been lots of internet chatter about changes coming to the 2008 Magic Your Way Dining plans. AllEars now hears the following is scheduled to be announced in August:

1) Automatic Gratuity will be removed from all 2008 packages that include dining. Tax will still be INCLUDED, but the gratuity will not.

2) The Magic Your Way Plus Dining Plan as we know it today will change for 2008. Gone will be the appetizer from the Table Service meal. The full service option will consist of entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. The price goes down just $1 per person per day to $37.99 for those 10 and older. $9.99 for those 3-9.

3) 2008 will see the introduction of the Magic Your Way Plus DELUXE Dining Plan. This plan will include: 3 meals a day - your choice of table service or counter service; 2 snacks per day per person; a Resort Refillable Mug for each person on the reservation. Signature restaurants will still count as 2 Table Service meals, but now with the additional table service meals, dinner shows and signature restaurants may be more doable. Price will be $69.99 for those 10 and older and $19.99 for those 3-9.

4) The last major change will probably be the addition of a Magic Your Way Plus Wine package. For $39.99 per night you may order a bottle of wine at your Disney restaurant or from a location on property that sells wine (like resort stores). It can not be purchased separately and may only be an add-on to a Dining Package. There are still a lot of details to work out on this including if there will be a special wine list to order from or a dollar limit. Sounds like if you are at a Signature Restaurant that takes 2 Table Service credits, you will also be charged 2 Wine credits if on the add-on plan.

Again, this is UNofficial information. Look for Walt Disney World to officially announce the 2008 packages and dining options in August.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirateís loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AUGH!!! i knew this was going to happen the dinning pan was to good to be true.. which i do like some of the changes i dont like all of them
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by warner1108 View Post
    I've heard a rumor that starting August 1st - the DDP will no longer include a tip. Has anyone heard something similar from a reputable source?

I also heard that if your DDP package was paid for by that date - that it would include the tip. Any confirmation on that?
    It's not August 1st that the changes take effect. It's that sometime in August, Disney is expected to make this change for the 2008 MYW w/ Dining package.

Also, it won't include appetizers in addition to tips.

Paul Lalli

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    From what i heard is that if you did not book your vaction by august 1 the tip will not be included.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    From what i heard is that if you did not book your vaction by august 1 the tip will not be included.
    <shrug> Don't know what to tell you. You heard wrong is all. Take a look: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . We're well past August 1st, and the description of Table Service still says:
    ============
    One Table-Service Meal
    Includes appetizer, entree, dessert (except at breakfast), or full buffet, and non-alcoholic beverage (gratuity/service charges included. (children ages 3-9 must choose from a children's menu if available). ============

Further, Deb's blog on the rumored changes: 2008 Dining Plan Changes (Deb's Digest) are very specifically referring to 2008 packages.

What may be confusing either your or your source is that prior to Aug 1, 2007, it was not yet possible to book 2008 packages. I haven't heard that 2008 packages are available yet, but I think Aug 1 was a rumored date that they could become available.

Paul Lalli

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    <shrug> Don't know what to tell you. You heard wrong is all. Take a look: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . We're well past August 1st, and the description of Table Service still says:
    ============
    One Table-Service Meal
    Includes appetizer, entree, dessert (except at breakfast), or full buffet, and non-alcoholic beverage (gratuity/service charges included. (children ages 3-9 must choose from a children's menu if available). ============

Further, Deb's blog on the rumored changes: 2008 Dining Plan Changes (Deb's Digest) are very specifically referring to 2008 packages.

What may be confusing either your or your source is that prior to Aug 1, 2007, it was not yet possible to book 2008 packages. I haven't heard that 2008 packages are available yet, but I think Aug 1 was a rumored date that they could become available.

Paul Lalli
    I got that information from a disney news letter from a couple months ago.

jvnoledawg is offline A-Ticket holder
    I haven't heard anyone bring this up yet, but if this change is true, then the cost of the meal plan just went up. We can safely assume that the value of the tip was more than $1, probably closer to $4 to $5. And assuming that one would still tip for good service on the new dining plan, then the total cost to the guest is probably closer to $43 a person, a NO appetizer. I don't think I like this. Then again, I don't have to buy the meal plan, do I?

chewbean is offline A-Ticket holder
    Okay so this news is not the best...but it's not the worst...I just looked over my receipts from January (yes I am that weird), and it seems that the average table service meal cost around $75 dollars for my husband and myself...now subtract the $12-$15 dollars of appetizers and the bill is about $60-$65 dollars. Now if Florida adds 6% sales tax...thatís only like $3-$4 dollars.... We would (generally speaking) double the tax and give that as the tip...but think about this, because we took part in the DDP, we didn't pay the menu price for any of that food...so tipping according to the menu prices is not valid.... I would just plunk down $5 on every table service meal and be done with it...

It seems to me that this change really hurts the waiters and waitresses that are going to get stiffed on the tip...

Does anyone know what percentage of the DDP actually went as the tip? As for the no appetizers...I never could finish all that food anyway...at least now I can enjoy the dessert!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It seems to me that this change really hurts the waiters and waitresses that are going to get stiffed on the tip...

Does anyone know what percentage of the DDP actually went as the tip? As for the no appetizers...I never could finish all that food anyway...at least now I can enjoy the dessert! quote]

The tip was 18%. And I agree, now I can fit in more dessert.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WAVE BYE BYE TO FREE DINING FOR NEXT YEAR

Dont know why they dont set it up like the ticket plans. Sort of a customize thing.

You want 1, 2, or 3 TS---pay accordingly
    Give a choice on the plan whether you want the APP or the Dessert.
    INCLUDE THE DARN TIP---I dont like carrying cash around with me. The servers are going to get stiffed quite a bit.
    Have a choice where it is just CS
    Have a snack only plan.
    Get rid of the stupid wine plan. OH, LET"S encourage ppl to get drunk . You know youngers are gonna take advantage of this when they stay with someone over 21. If they do like they do now where everyone in the room has to have the same plan every nite of their stay...How are they gonna do that one if there are under 21's in the room.?
    Lower the price of the deluxe one. Too much money and too much food. If you sit down for 3 TS a day that is close to 5 hours out of your day.
    PUt the tip back in...convience is the main draw of the plan.

Sorry a bit confusing, but if it is set up right, it cant be anymore so then the MYW ticket options.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast