Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Cindy's Castle Christmas Decorations? in the News & Rumors forums; I got this off of Mouse Extra: Will Cinderella’s Castle get a holiday makeover? July 12, 2007 at 10:33 pm We’re beginning to hear rumors from many different sources regarding ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question Cindy's Castle Christmas Decorations?

I got this off of Mouse Extra:

Will Cinderella’s Castle get a holiday makeover?

July 12, 2007 at 10:33 pm

We’re beginning to hear rumors from many different sources regarding a possible holiday decoration coming to the Magic Kingdom. From what we are hearing, and others have been reporting this as well, Cinderella’s Castle may be adorned with hundreds of Christmas lights for the holiday season.

Some are speculating this may be used only during the popular Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, but I have heard the general Magic Kingdom guest can expect to see this, at least during Christmas Week. It’s not clear whether only having it on during the holiday week is really the case or just some deductive reasoning on that can accompany a rumor, but I tend to agree with it. The first party is November 12, and I just can’t see such a huge Christmas decoration being used outside the party until after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

I wonder how the purists will react to this news. After the debacle that was the “birthday cake”, just one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen, I can understand why people would be a bit wary. But this sounds interesting to me and potentially really beautiful. Disney has often used lighting effects on the castle with wonderful results, and lighting it up has the potential of being a really impressive “wow” moment for the holiday guests.

I’m looking forward to seeing it. What I am not looking forward to is the inevitable return of Cinderella’s Magical Crane that will no doubt be back in all its glory while I’m there in October…
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 07-15-2007 at 11:12 PM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I also heard about this rumor & i'm happy about it because Cinderella's Castle has been doing a great job as of lately. I loved what they did for the 50th celebration & the new color for the Year of a Million Dreams so having christmas lights up should be beautiful. And I know they'll do a wonderful job of putting them around the castle so i'll just have to wait & see.

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    the new color for the Year of a Million Dreams
    Huh??? This is news to me...can you show a picture? Thank you!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The new color scheme is a light flashing blue on the roof tops & some pink somewhere along the walls.

IMG_3335 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 07-15-2007 at 11:33 PM.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Personally I hope they decorate the castle for Christmas and they keep it up for all to see. I know DL decorates the castle, but it is a much smaller castle.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I can see me loving it...As long as its done right, which you know it probably will be, it will look great!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i would love to see cindy's castle all done up for the holiday season!! that is going to take a heck of alot of lights though!! lol
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

miss minnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    i actually liked when the castle was a birthday cake.. i thought it was cute lol

Stacey
    " When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."
    -Walt Disney

Disneyboy31 is offline A-Ticket holder

I have heard this and its True. they are going to have Garlands and wreths and lights. It should be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!