Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss a new river country? in the News & Rumors forums; Hey all, anyone got any more up to date pics of River Country? Not been on for a few months busy at work and computer troubles!...
    RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Hey all, anyone got any more up to date pics of River Country? Not been on for a few months busy at work and computer troubles!

Ruddy

KurtCobain is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHuet View Post
    man those pictures make me sad...ill be angrey though if they reopen it having anything to do with Pirates or Stich haha....they have too much at WDW as it is. I just can't see why they dont open it again. I know all the rumors but please...this is Disney world. Are there any other Disney parks that have closed?

Lilo and Stitch hang out at Typhoon Lagoon. Why does everyone hate Pirates!? I always thought a treasure hunt on the old Discovery Island would be nice. As for a third water park...I've heard a lot of talk about that! NOT in the River Country area though. A whole new park. If they did a water park with a character theme Ariel and The Little Mermaid would be very cute. She is so popular with little girls and soooooooooooo many people would go to the WP just to meet and greet. She's always busy at the MK! The water parks at Disney rock!!! We love them!!!
    Me DHDSDDDS

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    There are no crocs at WDW, other than those at Animal Kingdom and the ones you can wear on your feet. There probably are alligators, however. They're not the same thing, not by a long shot.

SSB

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    It's about time they do something with it....every time I pass it on the boat to and from the Wilderness Lodge it makes me sad! Now if only they could work on Discovery Island...
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    River Country was a great water park, especially for younger kids. Not too extreme and great for families.

When they announced the closing and the bacteria stories started circulating, I said they should just wall it off from Bay Lake and install a pool bottom and reopen the park. At that point, I heard from some CM's that the slides needed to be fixed and it needed all kinds of other refurbishments. The success of the other two parks made them decide to shut it down.

I was over there last May for the Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon PoC event. We didn't get to see much of the old park because there is now a fence around the swimming areas. Our dinner was held in the area by the old smack bar/restroom area. I tried to talk a supervisor into letting me in there to take some pictures, but had no luck.

Even if they don't want to redo the main swimming area, they should at least refurb the pool area and reopen it for Fort Wilderness guests. That resort has the lamest pool on the entire property!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123