Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss No MVMCP This Year? in the News & Rumors forums; The daytime look of the castle with the extra lights may not be the best look, but then, everything looks better at night during this time of year anyway. I'm ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The daytime look of the castle with the extra lights may not be the best look, but then, everything looks better at night during this time of year anyway. I'm really excited to be going to WDW this holiday season with the changes proposed. And, my daughter has tivo, so the Christmas parade can be watched with little interruption from Regis and Kelly.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I have Tivo too, I use it to go past all that really bad writing.

Right Reege?

That's right Peppa!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I gotta get down there for the holiday season some day. Maybe it's time to plan a long weekend.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    wow! i think this sounds awesome...as my family will be in disney this christmas to see it all! weve never been during this time of year before so it should be a lot of fun...and we already have our mvmcp tickets...unfortunately i wont be able to compare the new parade to the old one because i have never seen it---but i will be sure to review it when i get back! i bet the castle will look breathtaking at night...hopefully the lights in the daytime wont be a problem.

oh...btw disneyfanatic101...i see your going to indiana beach in 5 days---i just got back from there today! what a coincidence...but have fun! i did!...but of course its nothing compared to disney...lol
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    !...but of course its nothing compared to disney...lol
    You said it, but its a nice place to get away from it all, that's close to home.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    its pretty close for us too-about an hour and a half drive...how close are you??
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Its about the same for me...I live in Dyer, IN

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    sorry to revamp this thread.... but when does disney start decorating for the Christmas holidays? my family and i have never been there in the winter months and my dad said if we could get nice hotel rates, he would buy our passes for us to go 2 days the monday after thanksgiving. would the hotels be decorated yet? i saw that the MVMCP will be there when we could go. thanks for any info!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    taking our kids this year. i've always wanted to go ON christmas. last yr while watching the parade our youngest asked to go....so instead of thanksgiving, we are doing christmas this year! I cant wait (upset about the price increase but going anyway)
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffieslady626 View Post
    taking our kids this year. i've always wanted to go ON christmas. last yr while watching the parade our youngest asked to go....so instead of thanksgiving, we are doing christmas this year! I cant wait (upset about the price increase but going anyway)
    I don't know if this is figuring into your planning or not, and I'm not 100% positive that I'm correct, but it is my understanding that the Christmas parade you see on TV is taped earlier, possibly across several days. I thought I saw something on local news in early December last year about the taping of the parade, and who all was in it, and possibly that there would be more tapings if anyone wanted to see it in person. IE I don't think it is live -- meaning that if you're there on Christmas day, I don't think you'll be seeing it. Perhaps someone here can confirm or hopefully refute this. Meanwhile I'll check the local news channel's archives on the internet, if I find anything I'll post again.

Update: Nothing official yet, but I found this Wikipedia article saying that the parade is taped in advance:

Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12