Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss No New Mountain for the MK in the News & Rumors forums; ya know what WDW needs?? to give more respect to Aladdin!! it's my very favorite disney movie.....magic carpet rides arent nearly enough!!...
    dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    ya know what WDW needs?? to give more respect to Aladdin!! it's my very favorite disney movie.....magic carpet rides arent nearly enough!!
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

eglantine_price is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think they should design a Beauty and the Beast ride! That would be AMAZING!!! Plus it would fit in well with Fantasyland.
    "Yep, just a little bit of pixie dust."

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    As long as it isnt Nemo or Pixar Im fine with what ever it is. Pixar is good and all but belongs in MGM, not MK
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost View Post
    As long as it isnt Nemo or Pixar Im fine with what ever it is. Pixar is good and all but belongs in MGM, not MK
    Yeah well it already found it's way into Epcot. LOL!

To me, an E Ticket ride that isn't a mountain would imply something costly and big... like along the lines of Mission Space/Test Track. Since Pooh will be "across the street" from it and it'll be next door to Ariel's Grotto (assuming they don't rip that out), I'd hope it's something kid friendly. Y'know they haven't done much with Cars (the movie) and it was fairly successful. Oh lord what if it's Stitch...
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    it being in fantasyland it would have to be something in theme with that.. i figure.. like a princesses, or a mythical story of some short.. nemo i would think would fit in... its just not fantasy to me
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    nemo i would think would fit in... its just not fantasy to me
    I suppose talking fish who plan escapes from a tank are fantasy to some people though. LOL!!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Yes, they have enough room to LEAVE Pooh's Playful Spot and add some more "fantasyland" type rides (such as Alice from Disneyland or something similar). However, I've heard they have many ideas, but nothing set in stone yet, but that space will be developed in good time.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    There was talk fo a Little Mermaid themed ride for a while. Makes sense as it is right next to the grotto.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    There was talk fo a Little Mermaid themed ride for a while. Makes sense as it is right next to the grotto.
    Agreed but unfortunately I think the fact that they've at least said it'd be E Ticket quality sort of kills the dark ride rumor. Maybe a Little Mermaid experience? Like... a huge simulator where you get into a tailfin and swim? LOL!!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I don't know about you guys but I could see the WDI planning an E-Ticket for the Princess & the Frog movie. Even though it hasn't come out yet there's been tons of talk about the movie being a huge hit. So thats what i'm thinking.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't view the Little Mermaid ride an E-ticket though.... I guess it can fall in line with Peter Pan and Snow White... But, are they both E-tickets???? How about the villians ride we heard so much about?? it doesn't have to be a mountain ya know.....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    Sooo, i guess no one is as big of a fan of the aladdin movie as i am??? hahaha
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbush12 View Post
    Sooo, i guess no one is as big of a fan of the aladdin movie as i am??? hahaha
    Aladdin is a wonderful movie & I love it but to me it doesn't fit well with the Fantasyland theming. And the only way I see it is that the Aladdin attraction will have to be about Genie.

Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002
    I don't view the Little Mermaid ride an E-ticket though.... I guess it can fall in line with Peter Pan and Snow White... But, are they both E-tickets???? How about the villians ride we heard so much about?? it doesn't have to be a mountain ya know.....
    Peter Pan's Flight & Snow White's Scary Adventures are dark rides which are D or C-Ticket attractions.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i hope they put something good in place of Pooh's Playful Spot. from what i heard 20K was a really great ride so i think it deserves better than Pooh.

i can't believe they couldn't keep it in long enough for me too ride it. ***Lays down on floor and has tantrum*** I WANNA RIDE IT!!!!!!!!! I DON'T EVEN CARE IF I COULD REMEMBER IT!!!! COULDN'T THEY WAIT FOR LATE 1995 TO TAKE IT OUT???????? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002 View Post
    The clip of the Little Mermaid dark ride that was on the DVD looked more like the caliber of the Nemo thing at The Seas. I don't know if you would call that E-Ticket, but it is a dark ride, and it's no Snow White or Peter Pan. Hard to tell if Disney would consider Nemo an E-Ticket, since there's no such thing anymore.

Perhaps a better comparison would be the Haunted Mansion. Surely someone here knows whether that was an E-Ticket (I thought it was, but was 9 the last time I was in the parks and E-Tickets existed...) And surely we can all agree that HM is a dark ride.

Anyway, I'm just suggesting that IF HM was an E-ticket, than perhaps it is not out of the question that Disney would call the Little Mermaid dark ride (or some variation on it) an E-Ticket as well. And I'm willing to bet that sometime, somewhere, Disney's marketing folks at least considered referring to the likes of Nemo and Stitch as E-Tickets . . . whether we agree with the characterization or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast