Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss No New Mountain for the MK in the News & Rumors forums; Can anyone confirm this or offer any other details... (taken from WDW News Today ) Originally Posted by WDW News Today Straight from the halls of Walt Disney Imagineering, a ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question No New Mountain for the MK

Can anyone confirm this or offer any other details... (taken from WDW News Today)

Quote Originally Posted by WDW News Today
    Straight from the halls of Walt Disney Imagineering, a ton of news has come out about the future projects that will be happening at WDW. First off, the old site of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and current site of Pooh's Playful Spot will be getting a new E Ticket/Big Budget attraction. Now, don't get too excited right away, the project is at the very least 3 to 4 years from completion. I can only tell of one minor detail, that is the project will not be a mountain of any kind, contrary to the rumors that have been floating aound since 1999.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

*deleted* (Thanks to whoever fixed me)
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 07-31-2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    hmmmmm, Little Mermaid ride featured on the dvd?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Am I reading that right that after all that work to put in Pooh's Playful Spot they are just going to tear it out again?

What Little Mermaid ride on the DVD?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Pooh's Playful Spot was pretty much always considered to be just a placeholder - there is way too much land there (behind and to the left of it) to not be used for something bigger in the future.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    On the newest dvd release of the Little Mermaid there was a special feature that went into depth about a Little Mermaid dark ride that looked like it got pretty far into the imagineering process. If I remember right, I believe it was developed in the mid 90s and was shelved. It looks like it could be a really awesome attraction. Although I'm not sure if they would want a Little Mermaid ride right next to the already existent Ariel's Grotto....
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Pooh's Playful Spot was pretty much always considered to be just a placeholder - there is way too much land there (behind and to the left of it) to not be used for something bigger in the future.
    Well now that I knew... the land thing. Matter of fact my husband and I always comment on how much wasted land there was after they (*sobs heavily*) dug up the track from 20kLuS and filled it in with dirt. But it seems there could be something that didn't require the removal of the spot... my son loves it. Oh well anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10
    On the newest dvd release of the Little Mermaid there was a special feature that went into depth about a Little Mermaid dark ride that looked like it got pretty far into the imagineering process. If I remember right, I believe it was developed in the mid 90s and was shelved. It looks like it could be a really awesome attraction. Although I'm not sure if they would want a Little Mermaid ride right next to the already existent Ariel's Grotto....
    Ahhh ok I know what you're talking about now. Well I suppose anything is possible but for some reason I don't see them putting that much money into something that has no revival power right now. The DVD release didn't even do as well as they thought and most little ones now don't even know who she is (unless their parents force them to watch the DVD LOL!!).

I'll tell ya... it makes me wish they had waited and just did the Nemo refurb of the subs. I seriously have been considering a trip to DL just to ride them and close my eyes and realize I'm on 20kLuS... but then again I'm insane so... LOL!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post

The DVD release didn't even do as well as they thought and most little ones now don't even know who she is (unless their parents force them to watch the DVD LOL!!).

I'll tell ya... it makes me wish they had waited and just did the Nemo refurb of the subs. I seriously have been considering a trip to DL just to ride them and close my eyes and realize I'm on 20kLuS... but then again I'm insane so... LOL!
    I had to go check out Voyage of the Little Mermaid by myself since my son said "mom, that is for girls, I am NOT a girl". So I am not sure that a LM attraction would be the way to go if more little boys share his opinion. I hope they don't "Nemofy" MK too, whatever they do! I think the problem was the subs were very slow loading, I wonder if they somehow fixed that in DL....

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    At least if they went with a mermaid theme it would placate those who fear too many Pixar themed attractions. And the mermaid theme would fit well into the rest of Fantasyland. I guess time will tell how close to the truth this rumor turns out to be.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Am I reading that right that after all that work to put in Pooh's Playful Spot they are just going to tear it out again?

What Little Mermaid ride on the DVD?
    I don't really know how popular Pooh's Playful Spot is, but it seems to me that they could build something behind it and provide access from the side, like behind Dumbo in the area by Ariel's Grotto. Which could be especially appropriate if it turns out to be themed on Little Mermaid...

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    This is so true!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are just waiting to see how the Nemo sub ride does and get all the kinks worked out before they add it to WDW MK! It won't be the same as having 20K, but at least it would be something similar!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well the piece of information from WDW News Today says next big E-ticket, which means there will not be any dark ride attraction of no source because a dark ride is categorized as a C or D ticket. Anyways its going to be big as it says & I hope it will be. I hope they will not use any Pixar characters such as Nemo & so fourth. All I can see is an attraction based on a new movie maybe the Princess & the Frog?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    This is so true!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are just waiting to see how the Nemo sub ride does and get all the kinks worked out before they add it to WDW MK! It won't be the same as having 20K, but at least it would be something similar!
    I wouldn't count on that. As far as I know, the new Nemo sub ride is just the old submarine ride rethemed. In other words, they didn't really build a new attraction, they just refurbished (though quite extensively, it seems) an old one. The problem is that, again as far as I know, they actually filled in the lagoon for 20,000 Leagues when they shut it down -- meaning that putting Nemo in there would require rebuilding what they destroyed rather than just retheming what is already there. I'm basically just repeating stuff here that I thought I'd heard on Lou's and others' podcasts -- if I'm mistaken, please correct me.

Frankly, I'm almost glad this is the case (if in fact it is the case). I have also heard more than once that one of the big problems with the original submarine rides was that throughput, IE number of guests per hour that could pass through the attraction, was low. And by all accounts the same problem plagues the new Nemo ride at DL.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    IThe problem is that, again as far as I know, they actually filled in the lagoon for 20,000 Leagues when they shut it down -- meaning that putting Nemo in there would require rebuilding what they destroyed rather than just retheming what is already there. I'm basically just repeating stuff here that I thought I'd heard on Lou's and others' podcasts -- if I'm mistaken, please correct me.
    No you are very correct. There is actually a great site out there dedicated to 20kLuS and it has step by step pictures of the deconstruction. Not only was it "filled in" but they litereally ripped out the track piece by piece and filled in the area with dirt. Then later (years later) they went in and finally gutted the back building where the Atlantis scenes were. It actually brought me to tears when I saw it but yeah little chance they'll dig it all back out and rebuild... not cost effective...

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - The Ride (the pictures of the Atlantis scenes being removed and the tearing up of the track etc.- it chills me to the bone every time I look at this site)
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 07-31-2007 at 10:20 PM.

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    hope they don't "Nemofy" MK too
    My thoughts exactly! I would love a new E Ticket ride as long as it's NOT themed around Nemo or Pooh...
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast