Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Travel Channel Special Says New Park in the News & Rumors forums; yea i agree. i was just going by history though. so historically there should be a new park in 2009....
    broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    yea i agree. i was just going by history though. so historically there should be a new park in 2009.
    Its a Small World after all.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Obviously since no ground has been cleared and building a whole new park would require a few years of actual work, I'm gonna have to go with a no on 2009 (since we're already almost done with 2007). Still, I look forward to whenever another does open. I just hope they don't try to go all with one theme, or all thrills etc. I'll put my bets on 2010... nice round number. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mummando is offline A-Ticket holder
    New Jersey (you gotta problem with that?)
    I still won't put anything past them. If anybody could find a way to put a whole new park under a drop cloth and convince me it was just my imagination, they would be the ones to do it! I did find it interesting that they mentioned new parks or expansion of some sort quite a few times.

how do you not know they arent building one right now? if you check the satallite images they are all from 2006. and if they are buillding one dont you think they would kiip it secret until its almost done?

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i saw this show too and i was incredibly excited for the confirmation as a new park!!!

how do you not know they arent building one right now? if you check the satallite images they are all from 2006
    even though we cant see above wdw we can view it from some of its highest pts ie the stairs to summit plummet you can see just about every park there and if they were making room for a new one i would expect to see some cleared land removed trees and a crane or two lol my guess is they are still imagineering and planning and looking for a good location but my guess is production should start in a couple years or so!! lol
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

never thought about that

yeah that is the only reason i dont think construction is going on now if there was we would be seeing stuff and sanpping pic like crazy lol!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

WDW

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The other reason I believe that no new parks are being constructed is based on past experience. Whenever a new park was in construction, there was a big media explosion. If Disney prepares to spend a lot of money, they want guests to know it so guests can get psyched about the project and start preparing to spend lost of money coming to see it. If memory serves me, there have been groundbreaking ceremonies when a new park is begun.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ys very true and they only want a little hype right now to get people used to the idea of a new park and thinking about expanding vacation time (what a shame lol jk) the real hype will come when the construction is in progress!!! this is soo exciting more days at wdw!!!! yay!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC

WDW

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    There is no way that absolute secrecy can be kept in this information age, especially if something were currently under construction. Heck one blabbermouth construction worker and blammo the cat's out of the bag. They would not be able to build a park and keep everyone on the job quiet about it. Heck, when Walt himself was buying up land in Florida back in the late 60s, the word got out and the Internet was just a figment of everyone's imagination at that point in time.

I would like to see a new park, but not until they get all the parks they have now, including California Adventure, in tip top shape.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

thats very true. it would be hard to keep their mouth shut.

SkellingtonGRL is offline A-Ticket holder
    i cant wait until the FIRST disney resort of disney park propert is finished in hawaii!
    where dreams come true

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Maybe I slept thru this part and you probably will all laugh at me but...
    This whole renaming of MGM to Hollywood. Wouldn't you think it would have coincided with something big or major? Like a new attraction? Or are they doing a new attraction soon?
    I have to figure all this out before they throw me a new park. Oooo, but I would still love that.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    They are only renaming it because they have lost or decided not to renew the use of the MGM name when the current contract runs.

Ruddy

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I dont think we'll see a new park for quite some time, especially after the announcement of the DCA overhaul. The last thing the WDW resort needs is another half day park. I personally think there is going to be an extremely large investment in the current parks. Just like in CA there will be some huge renovations of the parks in FL. Can't wait for the Space Mountain refurb, and the new E-ticket ride in tomorrow land.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast