Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Travel Channel Special Says New Park in the News & Rumors forums; I totally agree w/you. They need to expand their existing parks before they try to open a 5th gate.After all, there was supposed to be a section of Animal Kingdom ...
    AngelMia007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I totally agree w/you. They need to expand their existing parks before they try to open a 5th gate.After all, there was supposed to be a section of Animal Kingdom that hasn't been developed yet (I think it dealt with Dragons or something?). There is room in Epcot for some additions and refurbishments, and there's that E-ticket attraction that's supposed to go into MK. They have quite a bit on their plate before they can get to a 5th park.

"We're all mad here......"

"Come on Carlos, don't be Chicken!"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelMia007 View Post
    After all, there was supposed to be a section of Animal Kingdom that hasn't been developed yet (I think it dealt with Dragons or something?).
    Yup... Mythical Animals... Dragons, Unicorns and all that jazz.

I agree 100%... I'd love to see things made bigger and better and refurbed to clean them up (not redo them) first before the finances for a new park are budgeted. But sure seems all signs point to a 5th before too long.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd love to see some new countries in Epcot
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

dfuhs is offline A-Ticket holder

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Yup... Mythical Animals... Dragons, Unicorns and all that jazz.

I agree 100%... I'd love to see things made bigger and better and refurbed to clean them up (not redo them) first before the finances for a new park are budgeted. But sure seems all signs point to a 5th before too long.
    I read somewhere that the AK expansion that was supposed to deal with mythical creatures was scrapped when the imagineers were laid off...thus taking all their expertise and ideas to universal.

The big thing that we could keep in mind, is that even if there is a new park in the planning stages...wouldnt it be amazing if they did keep it a secret then over a stage of a weekend have a giant mock-up of a park put together and surprise everyone! Keeping everyone in the dark is the disney way (hence the haunted mansion sitting for 6 years and no one knew about it!)
    D Fuhs~
    'Don't follow where the path may lead,
    go instead to a place where there is no path and leave a trail!'

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'd love another Disney park, but I think they should polish some of what they have now. Personally, I think a lot of MGM (oops! Disney's Hollywood Studios) could use some TLC.

I'd love to see the Mythical Creatures section of Animal Kingdom come to life. There's a lot of material to draw from, and I'm sure Disney could do great things with dragons, unicorns, satyrs, pegasuses (pegasi?) etc...

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yeah i agree they should update their existing parks then add another park

disney1266 is offline A-Ticket holder
    If they are not going to build another park, they at least need to bring some 'E' ticket rides to WDW. Like California Screamin.........awesome ride and a real draw for coaster enthusiasts. Some of the new attractions they are adding are geared for younger ages.

Attention WDW management: There are more people that love Disney other than just young kids. Give the adults a reason to come back year after year.

I think it'd be neat if they brought rides from the European/Asian parks to WDW. Most of us will probably never get to them, and I'm sure they've got good stuff. There's supposed to be a neat weather attraction at Tokyo DisneySea, and I'd love it if Florida's Space Mountain was remade into Paris'.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    You guysa re spot on with the sentiment that Disney should look to upgrade refurbish existing parks and attarctiosn before building new ones. The Eisner legagcy of "build it on the cheap" took a toll on quite few things. Throwing time and resources into the exisitng parks will benefit in the end.
    Last edited by Veritas; 11-28-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: darn typos
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

I recently read a blurb that Space Mountain was supposed to be going through a refurbishment. It actually said they would be removing the top of the mountain to remove the tracks. It defintely needs a makeover. They need to being it into the 21st century.

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like the way dl space mountain was refurbished... sure it took 3 years butit was worth the wait

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

No they are going to tear it up AGAIN. Totally gutting out the old track and installing a new one with a new design inside. Get ready for SM to be totally closed for a while. If the rumor is true.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    ^I don't like really long refurbs.............

My cousin was saying what if they were building a new park on the other side of the property and they don't tell us until the opening(I doubt it).

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Space Moutain will not be remade. It has been stated that they are just going to do a touch up like Haunted Mansion. Maybe some new sences or something, don't count on a new track.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast