Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Travel Channel Special Says New Park in the News & Rumors forums; I went to the Night Safari in Singapore and it was really cool. I didnt think I would like it, but was a guest of some people and I was ...
    Longhorn Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Night Safari

I went to the Night Safari in Singapore and it was really cool. I didnt think I would like it, but was a guest of some people and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The park opened at 10:00 pm or so and closed in the morning. There were tons of people there and all the animals were out because the temperatures were cooler and some of the animals were nocturnal. Could work at Disney.
    "You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality" ~ Walt Disney

"(Gasp)... Mom, it looks like Who-ville!" - The little girl next to us on the bus when she saw the Magic Kingdom at Christmas

JamboJohn is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    the average american spends (and can only afford) a 1 week vacation. That one week is gobbled up with the 4 parks, 2 water parks and other stuff including the hotel pool. They will not add people to the resort, they will just redistribute the guests they already have there, hardly a sound economic reason to add a park.

Instead, they do need to add stuff at DHS and DAK, such as a new "land" in each, to attract more single day passes, i.e local residents, quick trips etc etc, where those parks have a significantly lower number of guests
    As a former cast member and Imagineer, I can tell you that there is MASSIVE land clearing going on just north of DAK. I can not say exactly what it is for because even as an Imagineer, all info is "need to know"...

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by JamboJohn View Post
    As a former cast member and Imagineer, I can tell you that there is MASSIVE land clearing going on just north of DAK. I can not say exactly what it is for because even as an Imagineer, all info is "need to know"...
    I assume you are not talking about the Western Way Project/Flamingo Crossing, which is hardly a secret, and is in that vicinity somewhere...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

no, it has absolutely nothing to do with the projects you mentioned

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Does the fact that you posted in this thread mean something?
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I'll believe it when I see it. I have been told by CMs that there was a sports themed park coming as well as a monorail thru the Swan and Dolphin. I was told those things 10 and 12 years ago respectively. Of course, now I know both are silly and never were under any real consideration. If there is a clearing, its most likely for a new DVC resort
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. I have been told by CMs that there was a sports themed park coming as well as a monorail thru the Swan and Dolphin. I was told those things 10 and 12 years ago respectively. Of course, now I know both are silly and never were under any real consideration. If there is a clearing, its most likely for a new DVC resort
    I am pretty sure it is not DVC, but as I said, all info is strictly "need to know". Several cast members were even fired for talking about Bay Lake Tower rumors being DVC and of course that one turned out to be true. Nothing was to be said because the mouse still had a bunch to sell over at Animal Kingdom Villas and didn't want anyone on the fence to decide to wait for the "new" one.

The theme park business is VERY competitive and the details are held very tightly. I will not pretend to know what it is being done for but I can say without a doubt, there IS a very large section of land being cleared.

As far as the monorail is concerned - I have personally seen the plans for expansion. Nothing regarding Swan & Dolphin. The next stop will be Studios then DAK. But there is no hard time line as it will be over twenty time more expensive to build now than when it was originally done. Right now they are content with the bus service and are more focused on converting the fleet to run on compressed propane like the tembo trucks at safaris.

And to touch on the "sports" theme park... That was probably "Wide World of Sports" depending on how long ago you heard that one. No actual park as far as I know.
    Last edited by JamboJohn; 01-04-2009 at 08:58 AM.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    And to touch on the "sports" theme park... That was probably "Wide World of Sports" depending on how long ago you heard that one. No actual park as far as I know.
    I was told that after Wide World opened actually. I was pointing out how often CMs are wrong about the next thing
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still pouting about the whole Virginia property not being developed. I live 15 minutes from there!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    It would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still pouting about the whole Virginia property not being developed. I live 15 minutes from there!
    Tell me about it. I would have loved to have a Disney park only a few hours away. We got all excited when there was some brief talk about a park in southwest Virginia. Of course that didn't last long, though land is MUCH cheaper out here than in Northern Virginia.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456