Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss What could this be?... in the News & Rumors forums; I mean as Kingdom hearts - quality wise I've done the RPG Ff whole series- know what the format is just was comparing look of the game , not the ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I mean as Kingdom hearts - quality wise

I've done the RPG Ff whole series- know what the format is

just was comparing look of the game , not the format

from the sound of it - it is possible to make it RPG format as well

it would be cool to go thru WDW as your favorite character

Chyrie is offline A-Ticket holder
    oh ok It was a good game....though I'm more of a Wizardry type of person. Hard to say if MK would be as good. (as Squaresoft....Square-Enix played a part) Anybody have an idea of how ToonTown is?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    From the Disney Annual Report (P. 21)

Parks and Resorts most ambitious Internet project is a "massively multi-player" online theme park, scheduled to go live in 2005. In this "virtual Magic Kingdom", online Guests cam experience Disney theme parks from home using an "avatar" - or online persona - to visit attractions, participate in an online Disney theme park community and customize their own virtual guest room.

Any thoughts?
    How did I miss this thread? This sounds too good to be true. I will believe it when I see it!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I had an issue with the article that was posted about advertising in gaming being a form of "brainwashing". That's a load of BF (bantha Fodder). Advertsing in gaming is a great idea, they can dictate how often the ad placed, how big it is, and if clever enough to incorporate it into game play. (ex: Where's the shortcut? Oh just crash through the Coke Ad) All of this is no different than Seinfeld dropping a jr. mint into a patient.

As far as games go. I'm a 24 hour fanatic and I loved the magical racing tour. YOu can tell that the designers actually rode the rides and the music was the authentic soundtrack. A MMORPG replicating WDW is a fantastic idea, I see it more for the WDW fantatics like us, but it's also a medium to promote the theme park. I'd be down for it in a heartbeat. I just wonder if they will have virtual lines. I still love the WDW explorer CD-Rom.

Kingdom hearts was great, I'd love a ride based upon that game. Sora was cool.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Does anyone know when this will go online?
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It will probably be a long wait for the MMORPG.. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was just going through the 04 annual report to look for the bit on it, I couldn't find it, but I did find this in the imagineering section:

"Updating classic Disney attractions with new magic and the latest technology is an onging mission for Imagineers..... Guest's will also find surprises in other classic attractions, including the Huanted Mansion at Disneyland."

Let's hope they don't put Eddie Murphey in it, now that would be SCARY! I think Haunted Mansion is just fine as it is.

Anyone have any info on to the "change" in the Haunted Mansion?

Cynderelly is offline A-Ticket holder

Toontown & Virtual Magic Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the boards. Nice hang out you have here Lou.

I came across this forum searching for news about VMK. I am a disney toontown player and a mom so I am an adult. There are TONS of adults that play toontown and of course children. Toontown is one of the best online games I've played. Disney did a great job with this game and I must say I recommend it to all the children and adults.

I along with other toontown players have been anxiously waiting the arival of VMK. With rumors circulating the word was beta VMK opened today. Well, needless to say here we are still waiting for registrations to open.

Has anyone heard any news? I'm guessing not since the last post made was a while ago.

Thx for reading!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I've thought about trying out Toontown, and look forward to the VMK (when i 'll have time to play, I have no idea, but....)

Thanks for the kind words about the site. I'm happy you found a place you can call home. Welcome to the family!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cynderelly is offline A-Ticket holder

VMK Now Open

I posted this on another thread in response to the status of VMK ....

It is now open for a limited time. I like it so far but its not similar to toontown at all. It's very cutesy. Toontown is more of a goal oriented competitive game. Since VMK is still in beta there is a lot of work to be done. The main complaint that people have is the ability to chat. Many phrases and words are censored (I mean even the word Toon). The chat is also open to everyone. Which does scare me since this is game is directed towards children. Everyone can see what you are typing/saying and answer freely.

There are some games available but other than that it is literally like WDW, you walk around and check out the sites. I tried pirates of the carribean (mind u I had no clue what I was doing) and I got pretty bored with the game. I also tried the fireworks game which is where u can xplode fireworks in different parts of disney and compete w/ others to be the best firework show maker). There is a music maker game you make your own music and play it for others.

I must say that my expectations were not met. Maybe I had them too high or I was comparing it to toontown too much. Don't get me wrong I will check VMK here and there to see how the progress of the game is coming along and see if it becomes more entertaining. For children (small children) I believe it maybe fun but the chat part of it is not safe IN MY OPINION. For teenagers this maybe be an outlet to find other teens to talk to. I did notice from another forum that teens complained that the chat is too censored so it made me think hmmm are these kids just looking for a place to chat?

Again these are my opinions and as a mom/aunt & godmother I look to see what would be appropriate and fun for kids.

Thanks for reading!!!

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

ChefOlivia

I just joined, as ChefOlivia, but really have not had the time to explore. I'm not interested in chatting, but would like to see the games and stuff.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I couldn't get through on Wednesday (the site was timing out)... looks interetsing... will wait until it comes out of Beta to judge
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have joined also as BigDaddyKyle. Look for me!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I LOVE IT! I'm up to 35 HM and about 15 pins! I just wish there was more to do. I'm going to see if I can become a CM!

I really like searching for the Hidden Mickeys and taking pics of them.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'm there too as .....*drum roll*....MANDABELLA! Real surprise, eh?
    I didn't have to register since I already had a disneyonline login. So if you have one already, you won't have to register either.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast