Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss What could this be?... in the News & Rumors forums; From the Disney Annual Report (P. 21) Parks and Resorts most ambitious Internet project is a "massively multi-player" online theme park, scheduled to go live in 2005. In this "virtual ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

What could this be?...

From the Disney Annual Report (P. 21)

Parks and Resorts most ambitious Internet project is a "massively multi-player" online theme park, scheduled to go live in 2005. In this "virtual Magic Kingdom", online Guests cam experience Disney theme parks from home using an "avatar" - or online persona - to visit attractions, participate in an online Disney theme park community and customize their own virtual guest room.

Any thoughts?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I can't wait!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Here's an article I saw about it: http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/...M_Exclude=Juno .
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    Here's an article I saw about it: http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/...M_Exclude=Juno .
    Just looked at the article...thanks for the link. Following is a quote that made me laugh:

"We hope it becomes a real hangout for preteens and teens," said Jay Rasulo, president of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, during a recent news conference about anniversary-marketing plans.

What about all of us adults that cannot wait to see it and will most likely spend countless hours going through all of it!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    What about all of us adults that cannot wait to see it and will most likely spend countless hours going through all of it!!!
    If they hope it to be a teen/pre-teen focused handout, I doubt I'll be there.
    Uncle Walt built DL for the entire family, he knew the adults were just big kids, and that isolating them was foolish....I don't think the current management knows that.

Two quotes of Uncle Walt I have always liked:

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."
    Last edited by Mandabella; 01-21-2005 at 12:33 AM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I was always disappointed that the online toontown area was only for little kids. It looks like a lot of fun, yet I'd be scared to visit it since I'm not a little kid. (Adult hanging out on a kids site...leaves too many questions etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    If they hope it to be a teen/pre-teen focused handout, I doubt I'll be there.
    Uncle Walt built DL for the entire family, he knew the adults were just big kids, and that isolating them was foolish....I don't think the current management knows that.

Two quotes of Uncle Walt I have always liked:

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."
    Thanks for sharing those quotes...I especially like the first one.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I'll go on there regardless - you can win free stuff!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Sounds fun!
    Izzy

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Another good Uncle walt quote:

"It all started from a daddy with two daughters wondering where he could take them where he could have a little fun with them, too."

While I am a teen, I can assure you that many adults will be there too - that's the whole reasoning behind DL and WDW!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Chyrie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Tempting.....

of course I'm playing World of Warcraft so my husband probably won't let me

(new to boards btw....nice to meet you all)

Chyrie

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't understand why they think this will only be interesting for tweens. It sounds like it would appeal to a wide range af ages.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I can't wait for this thing to come out because it sounds so fun.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    sorry to bust everyones bubble- but gotta ask- how much?

FF online is somthing like 13 or 14 dollars a month, but you need about 50 dollars worth of software to even use the online games- that might be too costly for some.....

Is this going to be similar?

Is it going to be like Kingdom hearts? ( we have been through the game - completed it - it was awesome!!)

I agree that it shouldnt only be aimed at tweens- just look at all of us here

Chyrie is offline A-Ticket holder
    most games are like that...WoW was $50 for the software and 13-15 a month (we have two accounts...have to buy software for each account) For how much the Magic kingdom will be though....look at how much they charge for Toontown (I have no idea)

It will be nothing like Kingdom Hearts as that is a platformer/rpg on a console.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast