Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney may be breaking Princess Marion's heart! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by AKQJ10 OK, that may be a bit of an overtstament, but rumor has it that Playhouse Disney – Live On Stage! at the Disney-MGM Studios will be ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    OK, that may be a bit of an overtstament, but rumor has it that Playhouse Disney – Live On Stage! at the Disney-MGM Studios will be "closed for show change out" from April 4-11.

OK, I don't know if that means a change in story, characters or what... but if they take out Bear, Stanley and Rolie Polie Olie, my little daughter will be crushed (OK, as much as a 14 month old can be). Then again, if they add the Wiggles....

I hope this is not true. I was planning to take our grandson there so I could get up and dance with him. The last time my DW and I were there everyone was looking at me kinda strange when I got more excited about the show then some of the 5 year olds.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    It should only be closed for a short time, though......we'll be there in a few days so I'll try and get my fill of the charecters then. My daughter is already devastated that IASW is closed for this trip-a permantely closed PlayHouse Disney on Stage might just put her over the edge!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

eeyoregirl is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Oh, my kids are quickly growing out of this stage they grow up so fast. I used to love watching Rolie, PB&J and Bear with the girls. As a matter of fact my hubby used to be able to quote whole episodes of PB&J. The girls had a blast at the show the last time we went I would hate to see it disappear. Here's hoping they just add on to it.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl
    Oh, my kids are quickly growing out of this stage they grow up so fast. I used to love watching Rolie, PB&J and Bear with the girls. As a matter of fact my hubby used to be able to quote whole episodes of PB&J. The girls had a blast at the show the last time we went I would hate to see it disappear. Here's hoping they just add on to it.
    Eeyoregirl, how old are your children?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

eeyoregirl is offline B-Ticket Holder
    They are 5, 6 & 8 all girls

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    My prediction - and this is just a guess - is that they are going to remove "The Book of Pooh" segment and replace it with "JoJo's Circus."

Last check, The Book of Pooh is on once a day at 6 a.m. EST. Bear in the Big Blue House is also on only once a day at 6:30 a.m., but I am guessing that the cost of redoing the whole Playhouse Disney Live set is more than they want to spend to remove a character (Bear) whose video rights they recently acquired. Not too long ago, Disney issued DVD's of BitBBH episodes that were previously distributed by Columbia/TriStar & Jim Hensen Home Video.

JoJo is promoted heavily and shown multiple times a day, and even has had some weekend marathons. She & her pet lion Goliath are on clothing, toys, are already doing meet & greets at the studios, and I believe were added to the "Stars & Cars" Parade there. So I see her as the most likely addition.

The other show they might add is "The Koala Brothers," but I don't see this one as likely - much harder to stage (two koalas in an airplane), fewer catchy songs, and the premise is for slightly older kids.

I don't believe that Disney has any ownership or rights to The Wiggles beyond broadcasting the show and maybe selling some toys. The videos are distributed by HiT Entertainment - same ones who do Barney and Bob the Builder, so Disney has nothing to gain by promoting them more. Plus, how would you do it? 4 actors? animatronic Wiggles (the horror!)? or worse, using those really creepy looking puppets of the guys that show up on the older shows (real horror!)?

Sorry, my just-about 2-year-old has the flu and I've had to watch way too much Playhouse Disney this week.

Pat puts away crystal ball and resolves to wait patiently until April 12th....
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    My prediction - and this is just a guess - is that they are going to remove "The Book of Pooh" segment and replace it with "JoJo's Circus."

Last check, The Book of Pooh is on once a day at 6 a.m. EST. Bear in the Big Blue House is also on only once a day at 6:30 a.m., but I am guessing that the cost of redoing the whole Playhouse Disney Live set is more than they want to spend to remove a character (Bear) whose video rights they recently acquired. Not too long ago, Disney issued DVD's of BitBBH episodes that were previously distributed by Columbia/TriStar & Jim Hensen Home Video.

JoJo is promoted heavily and shown multiple times a day, and even has had some weekend marathons. She & her pet lion Goliath are on clothing, toys, are already doing meet & greets at the studios, and I believe were added to the "Stars & Cars" Parade there. So I see her as the most likely addition.

The other show they might add is "The Koala Brothers," but I don't see this one as likely - much harder to stage (two koalas in an airplane), fewer catchy songs, and the premise is for slightly older kids.

I don't believe that Disney has any ownership or rights to The Wiggles beyond broadcasting the show and maybe selling some toys. The videos are distributed by HiT Entertainment - same ones who do Barney and Bob the Builder, so Disney has nothing to gain by promoting them more. Plus, how would you do it? 4 actors? animatronic Wiggles (the horror!)? or worse, using those really creepy looking puppets of the guys that show up on the older shows (real horror!)?

Sorry, my just-about 2-year-old has the flu and I've had to watch way too much Playhouse Disney this week.

Those are good guesses! I bet you're right! Now about the Wiggles...........Animatronic Wiggles.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I won't let them! Or PUPPETS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *looks up* PLEASE DON"T DO ANYTHING WITH THE WIGGLES!
    Izzy

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Not AA Wiggles!!!!!!!!!!! Please no!!!!!!!!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Matt OC is offline A-Ticket holder

Let hope you are correct

PHDLoS was one of my now 3 year olds favorite parts of our trip to Disney last July. Adding JoJo would make it that much better for her. She loves JoJo and Stanley so having them both in the same show would send her in to some sort of convultions of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    hi there ppl,
    today is my first day on this site and i'm loving it. whomever guessed JOJO's CIRCUS made a very good guess.. i just received the newest travel dvd and it mentions something about JOJO on it at MGM.....ALAS....the lovely folks at WDW travel sent me the spanish version by mistake and i am way too many years out to school to translate properly (in other words...I AM OLD...lol) hopefully the replacement arrives soon.
    btw...in response to the post from THE HEAT, i think sportacus is dreamy too(i watch the show cause my 2yr old likes it..hmhghrmhgumhum -at least thats my excuse..lol
    take care all and see ya at the WORLD come sept.

PapaJoe is offline A-Ticket holder
    We may have to wait and see if Jo-Jo is part of the show, because she has been making appearances with Goliath on Mickey Avenue since June/July of last year. I saw in the Planning video that they showed her in front of the "trailer" that she uses when she makes appearances...

I almost forgot WELCOME to the Site!!!!

--PapaJoe

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    thank you!

From this week's WDW Update at MousePlanet.com:

…We've received word that the show swap-out refurbishment of Playhouse Disney Live on Stage is indeed seeing the addition of JoJo's Circus to the show. However, its victim is not the Book of Pooh segment, as previously reported. Instead, the Rolie Polie Olie segment is dropping from the show to make room for the little girl clown and her pet lion.

(Curious. Their 'previously reported' rumor matched exactly my prediction in an earlier post and started showing up on their site after it!)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

GottaLoveMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was just up there in February and am heading back in two days. I read somewhere (perhaps on a Disney Bus) that they are adding Jo Jo's Circus to the mix.

to the boards, GottaLoveMickey!

Well, it's April 12th....waiting patiently for an update from someone on-site!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast