Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney may be breaking Princess Marion's heart! in the News & Rumors forums; OK, that may be a bit of an overtstament, but rumor has it that Playhouse Disney Live On Stage! at the Disney-MGM Studios will be "closed for show change ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Disney may be breaking Princess Marion's heart!

OK, that may be a bit of an overtstament, but rumor has it that Playhouse Disney Live On Stage! at the Disney-MGM Studios will be "closed for show change out" from April 4-11.

OK, I don't know if that means a change in story, characters or what... but if they take out Bear, Stanley and Rolie Polie Olie, my little daughter will be crushed (OK, as much as a 14 month old can be). Then again, if they add the Wiggles....

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

flutter is offline Moderator
    I love Bear, I have no little kids and went to the shows to see him, first his show and then in July to see the latest show. I hope he doesn't leave.

They cannot take Bear out!!!! I really do not want them to take any of them away...it's okay if they add someone. My Son would love for it to be the Wiggles, but I do not know how they could do that unless they get actors who look similar. Maybe they are going to add Jo Jo's Circus or the Higglytown Hero's. Guess we will just have to wait and see. If someone comes up with the answers please post immediately!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    There are tons of new playhouse Disney shows on, I would imagine they are adding some from Higglytown, or Shana's Show, or superbaby, or something like that. My 4 year old keeps me up to date on all of this....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    NNnnnnnoooooooooo!! not the Dopey Baby, Scary baby or whatever they call that show. It creeps me out, big time! (And I hate when people use goo-goo gaa-gaa baby talk)
    Lou Mongello

I'm down with the Higglytown Heroes, though!

(ahem)

"Here in Higglytown, we all jump around...
    Just like the Higglytown Herooooooooes"
    Lou Mongello

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    NNnnnnnoooooooooo!! not the Dopey Baby, Scary baby or whatever they call that show. It creeps me out, big time! (And I hate when people use goo-goo gaa-gaa baby talk)
    Go Baby! That show is so bad!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Yea, the baby kinda creeps me out also. And I know the Disney people are talented, but I'd like to see them try to make a realistic-looking freakishly small talking baby work in the show....
    And thanks by the way, now I can't get that Higglytown song out of my head!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I'll refrain from comment.

OK, I won't. A refresh every so often to make the show continue to appeal to the whole family, including the parents, isn't such a bad thing. If that's what they're doing. This was probably a good example of a show the whole family really could enjoy. (But, alas, I'm not really "connected" with the current playhouse disney characters and stufff, so I'm very unqualified to comment

I'm taking Sam to PHD next time we go. And like it or not, I'm singing you the Bear, Stanley and Rolie Polie Olie songs. And just WAIT until I get to the "Goodbye Song"

Lou Mongello

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    If they do change it, please do not let them put the Wiggles. They scare me.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Once upon a time I was somewhat addicted to watching Stanley while I got ready for work in the morning (and i don't have any children yet). I also enjoyed Rollie Ollie and Bear, but if those scary Wiggles need to stay far, far away. they are one of the main reasons I no longer watch any of the playhouse shows. Everytime i flip through any of my Dis Channels, they're on!
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I love Bear, I have no little kids and went to the shows to see him, first his show and then in July to see the latest show. I hope he doesn't leave.
    I love Bear too! Same thing,I went to the show with no kids,having people stare at me every last minute!
    Izzy

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    I love Bear too! Same thing,I went to the show with no kids,having people stare at me every last minute!
    You could always tell them you are a CM and you are "doing some research" for the Imagineers. It's partially true!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    If they do change it, please do not let them put the Wiggles. They scare me.
    Agreed! Men singing....odd....songs is just plain creepy! And the dances.......
    Izzy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast