Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Magic Kingdom opened til 5am! in the News & Rumors forums; i just heard on the mousecast thing that they are trying out keeping the MK open until 2am for regular guests and 5am for extra magic hours! I think that ...
    jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder

Magic Kingdom opened til 5am!

i just heard on the mousecast thing that they are trying out keeping the MK open until 2am for regular guests and 5am for extra magic hours! I think that would be awesome, because i've always wanted 2 spend all day at a MK, and that would b the closest possible to all day, i would love it! Just imagine, riding BTMRR at 4:30 in the morning! Eye-opener! and if u need a quick 10 minute nap, find a secluded bench and take a nap! then u can evn say u slept in MK! 20 hours in the MK, amazing, hope it sticks for them.....
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Any idea of the accuracy? Have to admit I'm kinda skeptical when would they do upkeep? I can see for one or two very special occassions but more than that would placve a huge strain on the CMs
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

well.. they might bring in some people that are like night owls that can survive from like, 9-5 with just 1 or 2 coffees, mayb esspressos. lol
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The Walt Disney World website's calendar has the following: (I think I read this right - their site is a pain!!)

November 18 regular hours 9 a.m. - 1 a.m. plus Evening EMH (closes 4 a.m. for resort guests)
    November 22 regular hours 8 a.m. - 1 a.m. plus Morning EMH

December 23 regular hours 8 a.m. - 12 midnight plus Morning EMH AND Evening EMH (open to resort guests 7 am - 3 a.m.)
    December 24 through 27th regular hours 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. plus Morning EMH every day.
    December 28th regular hours 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. plus Morning EMH AND Evening EMH (resort guests 7 a.m. to 4 a.m .)
    December 29th regular hours 8 a.m. - 2 a.m. plus Morning EMH
    December 30th regular hours 8 a.m - 2 a.m. plus Morning EMH AND Evening EMH (resort guests 7 a.m. to 5 a.m. --> 22 hours!!!)
    December 31st regular hours 8 a.m. - 2 a.m. plus Morning EMH.

So it is only on a few days, but wow, 22 hours in the Magic Kingdom????!!!!! That would be an interesting trip report!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Be aware that, unless I'm mistaken, not everything is open during EMH.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This topic brings to mind two comments:
    Becareful what you wish for....
    AND
    Too much for a good thing....
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    When do they do maintence if its open that long?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    So it is only on a few days, but wow, 22 hours in the Magic Kingdom????!!!!! That would be an interesting trip report!

welli remember hearing that it's a test run thing, so if it all works out well, it might happen more. let's all hope that works.

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    OMG!!!!!

I will be down in WDW for Christmas and these extra hours and I will SO be staying all night! I just hope the monorail stays open, The Polynesian is a long swim away from the Magic Kingdom.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I don't think this would be a good idea. This means the lines for the rides wouldn't go down until after 2 am when all the normal guests are gone. Usually at 2 am my family and I go back to the resort because we are tired. I guess this would be good for night owls, but by 5 am you have pretty much pulled an all nighter, because then you would get back to the resort around 5:30 and not get to bed until 6 am! Then if you want to sleep any normal amount of time you would sleep until 2 pm that day which wouldnt allow you to have very much park time. Maybe this is just me, I'm sure if I were to go to disney world by myself I would love to stay in the magic kingdom until 5 am, but my family as a whole really isn't up to that.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    This might not be so hot an idea. I mean last year when me and my family went, we stayed 'till 3 in the morning, but then we had morning extra magic hours in MGM the next day, so we were dog tired after that. I don't think many people would stay in the MK until 5 a.m..Besides, the magority of the people who visit the Magic Kingdom have young kids, and I doubt that they would stay until 5 a.m. let alone the current EMH.
    Last edited by disneyimagineer; 08-13-2007 at 11:21 PM.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

DizWrldTeam5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Some people think this isnt a good idea but I think it is. When I went last summer the whole park was filled! It was mostly older people with teen agers. In my opinion the way they will clean the park is by closing like each world for a like a little while and clean the park like that. I think this is a wonderful idea. Are they doing this for New Years Eve too!? I hope they do. My mom is trying to find out the dates they are gonna do this because me and my family are going down! Lol, we figured out that we could still have christmas at our house, and still make it down to Disney World (we drive to it takes 22 hours (2 whole days and we get to Disney the second night).

Four Parks. One World. -lAnE
    I cant wait till WDW in Summer 08!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl View Post
    When do they do maintence if its open that long?
    not all attractions are open for EMH and not all attractions get maintenance EVERY night. A lot of the attractions can even be worked on during the day without guests even knowing!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

DizWrldTeam5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yup^^

Four Parks. One World. -lAnE
    I cant wait till WDW in Summer 08!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyimagineer View Post
    This might not be so hot an idea. I mean last year when me and my family went, we stayed 'till 3 in the morning, but then we had morning extra magic hours in MGM the next day, so we were dog tired after that. I don't think many people would stay in the MK until 5 a.m..Besides, the magority of the people who visit the Magic Kingdom have young kids, and I doubt that they would stay until 5 a.m. let alone the current EMH.
    well, for me, the next time i go 2 disney i'll b 14, and then, i'll alredy b stayin up later, and right now i'm 13 and don't evn get tired til like, 1 in the morning. so since i would be older and since i would have adrenaline pumping since it's Disney, i would easily b able 2 make it all. and then the next day, u could just do a half day park like animal kingdom. i really think this is more to appeal to the familys that have teenagers and evrything. cause i know i find it kinda annoying with all the little kids runnin around and screamin durin the day, but when mostly teenagers are ther, it alot funner cause u can chat in lines about stuff u both like and evrything. and evn if they need 2, they can get inflatable mattresses and stuf 4 the parents that need rest and set them up in like, fantasyland since ther's not that many rides and just let the kids go on rides, since we would mostly go to tommorrowland, adventureland, and frontierland(i consider liberty square frontierland fyi)
    so ya, i'm all for it

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast