Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Lucas Land at the studio's? in the News & Rumors forums; SlashFilm has posted their own article about how Walt Disney World will rename the park as Disney’s Hollywood Studios and how this will result in the park being transformed over ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Lucas Land at the studio's?

SlashFilm has posted their own article about how Walt Disney World will rename the park as Disney’s Hollywood Studios and how this will result in the park being transformed over time into a series of themed lands not unlike Islands of Adventure. We already know the old Mickey Ave. area will become a Pixar themed land, and there is already a mini Playhouse Disney area outside the Animation building, and the area around MuppetVision is already themed to the Muppets. They also mention the same stories I’ve been hearing about how Disney and Lucas are making big plans to update the Star Wars and Indiana Jones attractions in the park. They go so far as to say that the entire area from the Indiana Jones Stunt Show down to Star Tours / Tattooine Traders will become a sort of Lucas Land. My own sources have confirmed that the new Disney’s Hollywood Studios name for the park was a very recent change to the plans that were previously based on calling it Disney-Pixar Studios for months. They say that a new and very positive relationship with George Lucas was a key factor in dropping Pixar from the name in favor of a more generic name that would also allow for the whole new “Lands” concept for the park.
    We’ve already talked about the possible upgrades for Star Tours 2, but they mention that one idea on the table for Indiana Jones is to upgrade the stunt show with new scenes from the new fourth and final film in production. (From what I’ve been hearing, this may be in addition to a new Indy themed attraction of some kind as well.) They go on to say that the Backlot Express restaurant will be renovated and replace most of the props and scenery with replicas of costumes and vehicles from the Indiana Jones and Star Wars films. All of this may be done by mid 2009.
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    It would be great if they made an Indiana Jones attarction like the one in DL. The Stunt show really does need some re-imgaineering. Star Tours is pretty dated at this point and need a fresh coat of imagiantion too. Lands would be interesting at the Studios (I am going to have trouble breaking my self of calling it MGM).
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    This sounds awesome and it's kinda cool Lucas has had a say in this. I vote they should take the Pirates Lair in Disneyland and make that a "land" in Disney Hollywood. Mainly 'cause I don't know where you could fit it in MK

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Iv'e been hearing talks about Lucus wanting to expand the Star Wars & Indiana Jones existence around in the park. I just didn't know what was planned just the only thing I knew was about the updated Star Tours. Now I can't wait to see how the park transformed & I hope they make plans for more Muppet attractions.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    The Disneyland Jones attraction/ride is wonderful...that would be great to see

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I cant wait for the new editions. sounds awesome
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    This sounds like a great idea.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Both the updated Star Tours and updated Indy show have been in the rumor mill for at least 3 or 4 years. The only thing new here is the idea that they would call the area "LucasLand".

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    Jim Hill Media said tho the New star tour is not a rumor and should becoming sometime next year and Jim Hill Media is usally a good on there word
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastlyKingdom? View Post
    Jim Hill Media said tho the New star tour is not a rumor and should becoming sometime next year
    Then I would posit that Jim Hill Media doesn't know the definition of the word "rumor". :-) If there's a belief that something is going to happen, but Disney hasn't announced it yet, that's a rumor.

The fact that Jim Hill is now saying it should be coming sometime next year doesn't change the fact that the rumor has existed for three or four years.