Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New countries at World showwcase? in the News & Rumors forums; are you sure? i thought i read that somewhere. oh well.... it would be nice to have an australia. but i personally want a grand bahamas. something with a smooth ...
    broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    are you sure? i thought i read that somewhere. oh well.... it would be nice to have an australia. but i personally want a grand bahamas. something with a smooth island feel.
    Its a Small World after all.

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Ireland

I would like to see something devoted to Ireland if they were going to add any more countries!!!
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

if they were to do anything ireland related they should put it in the back of UK. where the garden is. and they should convert some of the shops to irish. maybe a pub..... yea definantly a pub

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Google Maps

This Google Map shows all the available free space that exists between China and Germany. There's more than enough real estate there for another pavilion.

That is mostly for the Outpost area which is a small area that is like Animal Kingdom Africa lite. Personally I would rather add attractions to the existing countries and update the current ones. I know for a fact Maelstrom is a few years away from being closed completely due to the nature of the idea.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AAADisneyFan View Post
    There have been rumors for years that another country was going to be added to the World Showcase. Spain apparently was in serious talks w/ Disney and it didn't pan out at least not yet.

I doubt we'll see anything soon...
    Several years ago, there was a temporary Spain pavillion. I don't remember where it was (maybe the outpost?), but it was very small and made out of plywood (kind of like a movie set). There was a shop and I think a snack bar. Like I said it was several years ago.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

intersesting

Mufasa22 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Future World was designed to house 22 nations so space isn't a factor in adding countries. Talks have been going on for years with such countries as Spain, Australia, Brazil, and even Russia but nothing has come of them. Since Epcot is practically my home I keep me ear pretty well tuned to all the news and I haven't heard any buzz at all recently.

future world was for the FUTURE not for Countries.

darrylpan is offline A-Ticket holder

Countries

I have always wished that Greece would be added as a country. Anice indoor/outdoor restaurant overlooking a Disney made Mediterranean Sea would be outstanding.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't think World Showcase was meant to hold 22 countries..... There currently is space to add, what, 6 or 7 more countries??? There are currently 11 countries represented.... Doesn't equal 22... now, if they were to do what they originally wanted to do, then a lot more than 22 could be represented....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrylpan View Post
    I have always wished that Greece would be added as a country.
    Here's hoping Disney would do a better job keeping the place looking presentable, then. I remember how heartbroken I felt back in 2004 when the Summer Olympics were held in Athens, and seeing how so many of the original facilities had fallen into such horrendous disrepair since the first games.

Doombuggie11 is offline A-Ticket holder

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy81 View Post
    I would like to see something devoted to Ireland if they were going to add any more countries!!!
    I'm Irish and I hardly ever see anything showin some love. In IASW all we have is a single dancing leprachan. I sware all Irish people aren't drunks.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombuggie11 View Post
    I'm Irish and I hardly ever see anything showin some love. In IASW all we have is a single dancing leprachan. I sware all Irish people aren't drunks.
    There's some Irish-themed merchandise in the UK Pavilion. Which always struck me as odd -- are they trying to imply that Ireland is part of the UK? (Yes, I know Northern Ireland is, that's not what I mean). In any event, I bought my mother a Irish Minnie Mouse last year. She's dressed up in a green dress with a shamrock and holding the Irish flag.

Dzneychica is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Several years ago, there was a temporary Spain pavillion. I don't remember where it was (maybe the outpost?), but it was very small and made out of plywood (kind of like a movie set). There was a shop and I think a snack bar. Like I said it was several years ago.
    It was there in 2002 for the International Food and Wine Festival. It was small, but nice...I think I still have my little souvenier bottle of olive oil that I get from the "pavilion" (for lack of a better word!). I also have pictures of the dancers that performed outside, too.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Of course there's more love for the Emerald Isle on the Disney acres than a single dancing leprechaun--haven't you heard about that Irish restaurant? "O'Hanna's," or something like that?

(I was sort of wondering if anyone was going to raise an eyebrow at the Ireland in the UK scenario, but decided not to open that can or worms meself.)
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 09-15-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast