Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Video of the Wand now in the News & Rumors forums; Just a thought here...you might have noticed that.Disney doesn't usually celebrate anniversaries for park openings. They reserve that type of celebration for Disneyland, Disney World, Disneyland Paris, etc. It's rather ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Just a thought here...you might have noticed that.Disney doesn't usually celebrate anniversaries for park openings. They reserve that type of celebration for Disneyland, Disney World, Disneyland Paris, etc. It's rather unique that the Disney Co. is doing anything for EPCOT, but I'm sure we're all glad that they decided to celebrate with us.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nbodyhome is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    and if you saw my very LAST post you would see again that I was misinformed about it going up next year....give it a rest.
    I posted the video 2 days ago. Then I rested. I won't be reading/responding to any more of your posts, I just don't have time to be dealing with correcting things (I probably spent an hour answering your other posts). If you want to argue, that is fine - but it won't be with me. I prefer to discuss Disney.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 09-12-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Just a thought here...you might have noticed that.Disney doesn't usually celebrate anniversaries for park openings. They reserve that type of celebration for Disneyland, Disney World, Disneyland Paris, etc. It's rather unique that the Disney Co. is doing anything for EPCOT, but I'm sure we're all glad that they decided to celebrate with us.
    They used to do more events for individual parks - like the MK 5th, and it's 15th, and it's 25th. From what I understand, they don't want to do much with individual park celebations anymore at WDW. Instead, they make an event like the Year (2 years) of a Million Dreams - which doesn't mean too much in comparison with the park milestones. It will be interesting to see if they do anything for the AK 10th anniversary - it's hard to believe it's next year, it feels like it opened yesterday!

I was out at Paris this year - the 15th was handled differently than the 10th (I was there that year as well). The 10th was one day, which then extended to a week. I liked that - short and simple. This year it's actually a year!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    There was a caption on a similar video that made me laugh. It said "I guess this Really is The Year Dreams Come True".
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    There was a caption on a similar video that made me laugh. It said "I guess this Really is The Year Dreams Come True".
    That is funny! Who needs a fastpass, just take away the ugly! (at least they did it with the wand, anyway).

Petman1325 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Apparently, it got torn down because it, "****ed the diginity of Space Ship Earth."

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Wow,I just have one thing to say...I'm NOT cleaning THAT up!
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That video kind of makes me sad. I am okay with the wand coming down, I was fairly indifferent to it. But it was so sparkly and glittery! Couldn't they have found a better use for it? They could have sent me some of the sparkly pieces. Oooo- I wonder if my DH would let me make our roof shingles glittery?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

gigliowanananic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would love to get one of those red sparkly sequins. How do I contact ProjectTracker to see if he can mail me one?
    "There is a face beneath this mask but it is not me. I am no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it or the bones beneath them"-
    V

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by gigliowanananic View Post
    I would love to get one of those red sparkly sequins. How do I contact ProjectTracker to see if he can mail me one?

I would too. I don't know if it's possible but I would take any piece of it!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The video said that the wand was being stored just outside of the Epcot Parking Lot... Next time your over there, sneak in and swipe some!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm sorry to see the red glittery "Epcot" go. I loved to sit there and watch the sequins move and sparkle in the breeze while waiting for family members. While it's more "authentic", the plain Spaceship Earth is drab. It's not progress to me.

lollerstace is offline A-Ticket holder
    i know no one liked it, but it seems kind of un-disney to just destroy it. it seems with so much other stuff they try to recyle it when they're done with it, or at least put it on that ebay account they have with spare parts. but to just break it up and leave it lying in the grass....strange.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I liked the wand, but I understand why they took it down. I was very disheartened to see what they did to it, though. It seemed wasteful to me, and I don't think of Disney as wasteful. Plus, I would think it is somewhat of a hazard, where it is now, in its present condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12