Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Stopping Fastpass changes in the News & Rumors forums; What are the chances that Disney would stop the proposed Fastpass changes if there was an outcry from its fan community? Our next trip, JUNE 08, is going to be ...
    ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Stopping Fastpass changes

What are the chances that Disney would stop the proposed Fastpass changes if there was an outcry from its fan community? Our next trip, JUNE 08, is going to be off property because we can't swing the cost of an on property package at summer rates with the high gas prices next year. I really don't want to get pushed into huge lines without the hopes of a fastpass.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    well since the fast pass rumors are just that I cant see them ending all fast past for non resort guests since they still have a substancial local population who day trips to disney...I can see them maybe installing a fast pass system for resort guest to maybe use while at the resort but I dont think you will have a problem.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't believe for a second that they'd change the fastpass system to be for resort guests only. It doesn't make much sense for them to do so since the current system works fine as it is. I agree that it's just a rumor.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DizPodDir is offline A-Ticket holder
    just becasue the Disney company filed a patent does not mean they will use it. They could just be filing it to protect it so it is thier IP (intelectual property) and other companies can't use that.

Mike

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't know, I've been hearing more and more on it lately... my guess is that they'll do a soft-rollout of it (quietly), and see how people react... for the people paying almost 400 bucks a night to stay in a deluxe resort, a top-level fastpass would definitely make the resort charges go down easier, as well as increase occupancy of the resorts, which, let's be honest, is a very important business issue for Disney, and understandably so...
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 09-22-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: misspelling

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I stand behind my original comment on another thread. I will find it really had to believe that Disney would institute a program that would SO overtly give preference to some guests over others; even if hotel guests are the golden children of the WDW dynasty. I don't know what the actual Disney mission statement is, but I would expect to have in it, somewhere, to make each guest feel as though they are rolling out the red carpet just for him or her. They don't like guests to hold places in line or cut in line. In my estimation, a fast pass allocated based on where you are staying is not much different from cutting in line. I'm going to wait it out and see if anything comes of this rumor.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    If anything maybe some sort of preference in time to guests on property I could see but certainly not simply a fast pass only for resort guests.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I believe the plan they're considering is to keep Fastpass as it is, allowing anyone to use their park pass to get a FastPass, but resort guests would have special Fastpasses that would allow them to have multiple Fastpasses at once... Seeing as how resort guests make up a relatively small percentage of guests inside a park at any given time (compared to the offsite guests and daytrippers), then this proposed 'new' Fastpass system will not have the huge impact that some people are making it out to have...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

MrsBleuSkye is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't much care for it either, especially the blatant favortism. I hope if it does change it's for the better and still fair all around. I hate to see Disney cashing in on capitilism and favoring richer folk.
    ~Stacy~

Aug, 1981- First visit. Off Property
    Dec, 1997- Honeymoon! Off Property
    Oct, 2004- Return trip. 7 yrs was too long to go back. The BoardWalk
    Sep, 2006- Ladies only. PoP Century
    Oct, 2007- Early 10th Anniversary. The Yacht Club
    Feb, 2008- Neice's graduation gift. PoP Century

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    well as far as it being a rumor disney is definetly trying to improve the fastpass system my grandfather who lives in florida sent me a news paper article about it... i dont think the changes will happen right away since they are still looking into it so hopefully they will realize it is a dumb idea!!!!!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    it would be nice to have some perks for staying on property, especially in the deluxe hotels.

We'll never stay off property again unless we stay with friends or family. The perks associated with staying on property outweigh any money saved by staying off property in our experience. I think all hotels are deluxe. When it's just my husband and I we can afford to splurge a little on a little more expensive hotel. But if not enough time has passed between trips, or we are bringing someone that's a different story. And it doesn't matter how much you pay or don't pay, we still want to be able to use a fast past for the convenience especially for the family members that have trouble standing for a long period of time.
    ~Stacy~

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder
    It really isn't right for those of us who live close... I believe it's a perk just to stay in the hotels... (i wish I could afford them) I am a teacher and I usually go everytime I can, but I cannot afford a hotel everytime I go... (especially if it's just going to be a day trip) It's hard enough to pay for the seasonal pass!!!

I agree Plutolover. I wouldn't be able to afford a hotel each time I went if I lived close enough nearby. Even so, I think the privileged perks like the rumors of the fast pass do-over suggest are unfair and I can only hope it is not done that way.
    ~Stacy~

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Oh, I hope that's just a rumour, I would absolutely hate if non-property guests (like me, usually!) lost fastpass privileges.