Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss dark rides in the News & Rumors forums; A fantasia dark ride would be the best ride ever!!! I hope someone from Disney royalty is reading these posts...
    tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    A fantasia dark ride would be the best ride ever!!! I hope someone from Disney royalty is reading these posts

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnilai View Post
    u know i just realized ther are no dark rides of the original disney characters like mickey donald pluto etc.. they should make one like journey into mickeys dream or something
    Nevermind dark rides, there are exactly three attractions TOTAL that I can think of featuring the Classic Characters - Goofy's barnstormer, Mickey's Philharmagic, and La Gran Fiesta Tour. I guess if you wanted to stretch things, you could count Mickey & Minnie's houses, but that's a real stretch. Oh, and Mickey is in his Sorcerer's Apprentice role in a scene from Fantasia in the Great Movie Ride.

Have I missed any?

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    no i dont think you have kinda ironic how the fab five dont really have their own big attraction other than the ones you listed lol!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    How about a Fantasia log flume or splash boats that doesn't have as bad as a drop as Splash Mountain, but does have a major drop that will help build you up to taking your plunge into the briar patch. It could center around Bald Mountain with indoor scenes from the movie (hippo/ostrich ballet? etc?) And then the final scene where you face the big vampire guy (I have no idea what his name is, so we'll call him Jimbo) Anyways, you're on the final lift hill for the major drop and you're looking up into this pair of glowing bright eyes and then you see a large pair of wings open up right infront of you and before you know it, Jimbo starts to give you a chilling message just before you drop, or maybe he could just stare as he opens his mouth and you peak right infront of his face and start to plunge into his mouth and then on the outside of the mountain for a brief moment for the drop to then splashdown into an underground show scene which could go one of two ways, A) you've escaped and everything's back to normal, or B) you're now in Jimbo's lair (hehe, isn't that a great name?) and you go through a few more indoor scenes and then exit out, sorta like Mr. Toad sending you to ****? Anyways, I was just thinking that would be a cool ride idea

Haha I love that idea I want to ride it NOW!!! You should be an Imagineer

Ruddy

Elchippo is offline A-Ticket holder
    What about a dark ride that took you through Mickeys history? Starting in black and white with Steamboat Willie, then the ride could turn color somehow! Then, a Sorcerors Apprentice scene, maybe 1950's Mickey Mouse Club, etc etc.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    So what are we saying here? Stay on topic? Does that happen in the DWT forums? I've been here an awfully long time and have yet to see it. LOL!

But hey let's make the two topics coincide...

Paris... Disneyland Paris... Dark Rides... discuss. LOL!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Nevermind dark rides, there are exactly three attractions TOTAL that I can think of featuring the Classic Characters - Goofy's barnstormer, Mickey's Philharmagic, and La Gran Fiesta Tour. I guess if you wanted to stretch things, you could count Mickey & Minnie's houses, but that's a real stretch. Oh, and Mickey is in his Sorcerer's Apprentice role in a scene from Fantasia in the Great Movie Ride.

Have I missed any?
    Did I hear that the Three Caballeros are now a part of Rio del Tiempo? If so, that's Donald. Still, though, nothing big with the classics. Unless you count the parks as a whole, I suppose.

Oh, and Waldo briefly turns into Mickey at the end of Muppet*Vision 3D, but somehow, I don't think that counts.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by vowell1055 View Post
    Did I hear that the Three Caballeros are now a part of Rio del Tiempo?
    Yup! It's actually pretty well done too!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12