Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Little Mermaid RIDE in the News & Rumors forums; But why didn't they built it a long time ago? I mean the Little Mermaid has been out for sooooooooooo long. I mean they already have a Finding Nemo ride ...
    dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    But why didn't they built it a long time ago? I mean the Little Mermaid has been out for sooooooooooo long. I mean they already have a Finding Nemo ride and thats only a few years old. You know it would fix great in Fantasyland but they could add it to the living sea at Epcot.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    It looks like that ride was fit to go where the Seas with Nemo and Friends is? i wonder??...
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Check this out. sounds like this ride may be built after all at DCA.

A major ride based on Disney’s classic “The Little Mermaid” comes to the park’s Paradise Pier with leading-edge animation and special effects. Guests will dive into the magnificent scenes and magical songs from the movie. A Mermaid Grotto area with a fountain and sand castle will offer new play experiences for children.

I have details of all of the changes over on my blog. Sounds very exciting and I'm definitely going to be planning my first trip to DCA when everything is complete in a few years.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Yeah I think that was what Twanilai was referencing. Definitely sounds like they found it's official home.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Here's the whole article from All Ears...looks like California Adventure is getting a lot of new cool stuff! I think I'm going to hold off on visiting tiil it's all done!

News From Around Disneyland

Way to go DLR!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

Elchippo is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would like another dark ride in the MK Fantasyland considering DL has Toad, Alice and Pinocchio in addition to Snow White and Peter Pan. Mermaid would make a great dark ride! But, instead of building over PPS, why not put it where Ariels Grotto is? That seems like too much wasted space for a character greeting, which you could still do in a truncated area at the end of the ride perhaps. That way, Fantasyland isn't taken over by too much Mermaid with the grotto and a ride and you still have the PPS/20KL real estate that can be developed into something good.

AngelMia007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree! Fantasyland really needs another dark ride. I've always wondered why there isn't a ride featuring Sleeping Beauty or Fantasia in Fantasyland. At the very least, I'm glad to see they're adding a ride somewhere that doesn't have anything to do with a Pixar movie, even if it is at DCA.

"We're all mad here......"

"Come on Carlos, don't be Chicken!"

Elchippo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelMia007 View Post
    I agree! Fantasyland really needs another dark ride. I've always wondered why there isn't a ride featuring Sleeping Beauty or Fantasia in Fantasyland. At the very least, I'm glad to see they're adding a ride somewhere that doesn't have anything to do with a Pixar movie, even if it is at DCA.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Pixar has about 12 years worth of movies to draw from and the rest of Disney has like 80 years of films and characters to inspire atrractions.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    This looks great. I wish they could do this ride.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'm glad to see that this attraction will be brought to life, even if it'll be at Disneyland. I thought the sound was especially interesting. They did a really good job of changing the sound when you 'go' underwater.

I looked at the All Ears article, and as neat as the "Mermaid" attraction looks, I was intrigued by the new nighttime spectacular. Wonder if that'll ever make it to WDW?...

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I Want to be Part of That World, that looks like so much fun, I guess it is too much to hop that they would put this ride in the dead space that is currently known as Pooh's Playful Spot? Don't like Pooh much, but Ariel and Melody-sign me right up.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think a Little Mermaid ride would go wonderfully in Fantasyland.

Knowitall182 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i would love to see this come to fantasyland...it looks like it would be a good ride, and it fits perfectly in fantasyland

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    I'll bet they gave it to DL since we've had the Little Mermaid Stage Show in Studios for so long...but a new LM ride would have been exciting
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

ta2edgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder
    yeah lou touched on this a few months ago. it wasnt really feasible at the time is what i heard, but now that eisner is out, i think the company is trying to make up for some of the great ideas he might have passed over

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast