Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Have you been to Disney Quest?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Quest Closing?? in the News & Rumors forums; ESPN Zone is perfect on the Boardwalk!!!! Please dont move it to Downtown Disney!! Especially that side of downtown disney, i hate it down there...
    dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

Re: Disney Quest Closing??

ESPN Zone is perfect on the Boardwalk!!!! Please dont move it to Downtown Disney!! Especially that side of downtown disney, i hate it down there
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

I don't think Disney Quest will be closing anytime soon. With everything going on with Pleasure Island, they have to keep it open just for the sake of the "Water Park Fun and More Option." There's no more Pleasure Island Clubs, so if they closed Disney Quest, you'd only have the Water Parks and golf options to choose from. And if you went when one of the Water Parks was down for refurb, you'd only have one Water Park and the golf. So they HAVE to keep Disney Quest open (at least until Pleasure Island is re-vamped)
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    I heard today that Disney Quest is closing in 2008 so I looked it up and I came across this site that explains that disney never said for sure that they would close it but its a possible new location for the ESPN club. Heres the article if you all would like to read about it. DisneyQuest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Has anyone else heard this? And how many of you been to Disney Quest?
    So this thread is 3 years old and Disney Quest is still with us although who knows for how long. But I doubt it would be a new location for the ESPN club since they are closing most of the restaurants down, I know they are closing the ones in NY and most major cities. I thought I heard they are leaving the one in Disneyland but not sure about the one in Disney World, does anyone know??
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    So this thread is 3 years old and Disney Quest is still with us although who knows for how long. But I doubt it would be a new location for the ESPN club since they are closing most of the restaurants down, I know they are closing the ones in NY and most major cities. I thought I heard they are leaving the one in Disneyland but not sure about the one in Disney World, does anyone know??
    All ESPN Zone locations are closing except Anaheim and Los Angeles, and they are or will be franchise-operated apparently (I believe the LA location is already operated by another group). That does make it highly unlikely for an ESPN Zone to open at DTD, either in place of DQ or at the Virgin store (which was also rumored).

The ESPN Club at the Boardwalk is totally unaffected. It is a different entity and was never part of the chain.

ESPN Zone was another attempt at Disney Parks and Resorts to make money outside the parks themselves that didn't work (just like DQ).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I went to DQ earlier this month, because we got free tickets for listening to a timeshare sales pitch. I am so glad we did not pay for tickets. The CM's were not very nice, it was though there were being punished to work there. The virtual ride helmets were dirty and very foggy. The Pirates virtual ride was fun, but the line was long. I did enjoy showing my son some of the games I played as a teen. All in all its on my One and Done list and not my Would do it again list.

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

What is Disney Quest and if there are only two adults going is it worth going to see or is it just for kids?

Ghost#1000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

DisneyQuest is a Virtual reality theme park world. I love it there, but the fact of the matter is, it is not for everyone. At heart, DisneyQuest is a very large arcade, but even people who rarely play video games enjoy it here.

I'll give you a couple of examples of what you can do here:

Cyberspace Mountain: Design and ride your very own roller coaster in a industrial dryer-looking simulator. Not for those who easily get motion sick.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle the enemy ships on a virtual reality deck with a wrap-around screen. A captain takes the helm and steers the ship, while several crew members man the cannons. Really a fun game for all ages.

Aladdin: Ride your "Magic Carpet" through Agrabah to find and stop the evil Jaffar. Note: this and several other rides requre you to wear a virtual reality helmet.

Buzz Light Year's Astro Blasters: This is kind of like bumper cars on steroids. One person drives while another person fires a REAL CANNON at the other cars. This cannon actually fires basketball sized rubber balls and when you hit a car in the right place, it spins out of control for a few seconds. This is an awesome ride!

There are several other VR rides, games, and floors of free arcade games, enough to keep anyone (video game nut or not) busy. Again, it's not for everyone. For more info, just google it.

BTW, this rumor of it closing two years ago was rampant and totally untrue as you can see. There has been no evidence that DisneyQuest will close anytime soon as it often gets crowded on hot/rainy afternoons.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension...beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination...in the Tower of Terror."

Come check out my blog at http://monorailblue.blogspot.com/

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

My entire family loves DQ -- and playing Ms Packman to my heart's content is totally awesome I'm not a gamer and truly enjoy it ... and it's great for DH to take all 4 kids to DQ so I can shop "unsupervised" at Downtown Disney

I really like ESPN club ... not sure why it didn't go over well elsewhere -- love good places to watch games ... but when my husband was charged $5.50 for a beer, he won't go back ... my drink was $11 ... that was it for us .... I'll go back and drink water and each good junk food!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cindymouse6 View Post
    I really like ESPN club ... not sure why it didn't go over well elsewhere...
    FYI, ESPN Club is not related except by theme to the ESPN Zone restaurant chain that recently closed down. They were operated by two different groups, which makes the rumors of the Club closing and a Zone opening at DTD less likely to have been real, but not impossible.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

This pops up a lot. The first time we went to WDW in 2000 this rumor was kicking around. I have no idea if it is based on reality or not
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

it is probly just a rumor started by someone... they have enough not going on in DtD nowadays... closing this would make an even bigger gaping hole over in the DtD area...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Heh...this thread is 3 years old...

The original "report" of it closing that I remember was from Jim Hill, but it never happened.

Although rumblings still persist, nothing substantial has come out in the past couple years, and ESPN Zone is obviously off the table.

Then again, with the trend of how Disney is treating DTD/PI, who knows.
    Doc

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh i saw how old this was... i think it is funny how some rumors never seem to die out... this could never happen... unless Disney wants to see brush blowing in the wind because no one is going there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Think_Tink is offline Fastpass Holder

I can imagine Downtown Disney becoming a huge marketplace and very little else at some point. But there are so many shops there already that I skip and others that I will simply windowshop through but never purchase anything.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

In 97 up till about 2003 DTD was the hip place to party and it was always packed. After that I didn't notice much going on there anymore and things seem kinda dead. Now a days we just got to the Christmas shop and WoD and leave. I wouldn't mind walking all the way down to the end but the buses don't pick up there anymore and have not for a long time. Not the place it used to be.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast