Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Have you been to Disney Quest?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Quest Closing?? in the News & Rumors forums; I heard today that Disney Quest is closing in 2008 so I looked it up and I came across this site that explains that disney never said for sure that ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Disney Quest Closing??

I heard today that Disney Quest is closing in 2008 so I looked it up and I came across this site that explains that disney never said for sure that they would close it but its a possible new location for the ESPN club. Heres the article if you all would like to read about it. DisneyQuest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Has anyone else heard this? And how many of you been to Disney Quest?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Jim Hill ran a story about this back in April '06 saying DisneyQuest would be closing in January, 2008. But Disney said no, they had just invested $$$$ in upgrades (carpeting, software) to it and were not closing anytime soon.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thank you Pat for setting that stright for me. lol I haven't been to disney quest in a long time so I didn't know what the plans where.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Last time I went to DIsney Quest was maybe 6 months ago, and I've been there before several times within the first year or so of it opening. After my last visit, it was kinda sad to see it look the way it is now, especially with the VR helmets and all those missing pixels drove me up the wall when I remember it use to being almost crystal clear, even though the graphics weren't that great to begin with. The only changes that I've noticed was that they got rid of the Hercules attraction and replaced it with pirates, which was a good move, and then I found out that they removed my little jeep maze thingy. The maze is still there, just no jeeps. I mean, out of all the things there, I though that was one of the coolest things to do because it wasn't 'virtual,' the jeeps were really there in the floor and if you brought someone along, they could track it down for you and give you a hint as to where to go next. Has anyone been there recently? Did they touch up any attractions or inside the building?

The last time I was there was in 03 and I didn't see much to do in there. The first time I went in 99 it was cool and I loved the virtual helmets it was new then and I didn't get to do the rollercoaster thing because it was a two hour wait. My favorite part of it was the elevators that had jennie on them, that was cool. The thing was then they were on the park tickets but now you have to pay more to get in and we didn't think it was that important to have to do that.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We stop almost every vacation we take when we go downtown, especially since it is part of our tickets. My husband and I have fun almost everytime, but maybe that is because we are acting like kids and letting our cares go. We have taken our family and friends with us each time as well.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We go every trip. Something about Pac Man and Space Invaders makes us feel like we were in college again!
    They call me "Nana"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    We go every trip. Something about Pac Man and Space Invaders makes us feel like we were in college again!
    I have those games on my laptop, actually all of the Atari 2600 games. It's nice, but I do miss the arcade versions.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    It's a nice attraction for Downtown Disney, but I wouldn't be too sad if it closed.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I remeber when I first went to DisneyQuest.We were going to Typhoon Lagoon,but it started to thunder,so we were wondering what to do then,we decided to go to DisneyQuest right on the spot!
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

cheshire_grl13 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i have never been to the one in down town disney. i only went to the one that used to be in Chicago after it first opened. i loved it and wish that i could go to the down town disney one someday since they closed the Chicago one.

Welcome cheshire_grl13,

I heard they had one in Chicago but closed it. Thats a shame. I hope you get to go to DTD to get to see it.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I've never done the one in Chicago, but I can pretty much safely assume it's the same exact thing with the minor exception of several arcade games.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wow, I hope they don't close DQ. It is so much fun. I have been several times. I know the original intent was to franchise it. In a way I'm glad they didn't do that.

cheshire_grl13 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Welcome cheshire_grl13,

I heard they had one in Chicago but closed it. Thats a shame. I hope you get to go to DTD to get to see it.
    thanks for the welcome. the Chicago one was cool. i wish they didnt close it because it was only a couple hours away from me. i think it was basically the same as the one in DTD but with some different games, not sure which ones were different though.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast