Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss HM spiders on jungle cruise??? in the News & Rumors forums; I just heard that the spiders that used to be in the WDW HM were moved to Jungle cruise. Can anyone confirm this? And what happened to the old bride? ...
    happiest_haunt is offline A-Ticket holder

HM spiders on jungle cruise???

I just heard that the spiders that used to be in the WDW HM were moved to Jungle cruise. Can anyone confirm this?

And what happened to the old bride? Is she on Ebay? does Mouse Surplus have her?

Oi with the poodles, already!

"This is how it starts. One muppet, Sesame Street in the morning, variety shows late at night. Next thing you know, you're selling your possesions on Main Street to pay for your next Muppet binge"

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I believe albino_pygmy will be able to help you with the spider question. Sorry I have no idea about the bride.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was there last week and did not see the spiders on the Jungle Cruise. The HM refurb is great, though!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I also do not recall seeing spiders on the Jungle Cruise
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ^There were spiders on the Jungle Cruise, but they were already there before the HM refurb.

EDIT: They are not a predominant feature of JC

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The only spot I think they would make an appearance would be the cambodian temple......but I dont recall them.
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    No, I went earlier this month and I would know if those spiders were on Jungle Cruise. Those things have haunted my dreams for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMick View Post
    No, I went earlier this month and I would know if those spiders were on Jungle Cruise. Those things have haunted my dreams for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought I've answered this question before? I guess not, oh well. There is ONE spider that twitches in the temple, and was there before the HM referb and yes I do think they look like the same tacky spiders used in the older HM stairs scene. There is another spider that's in a cage in the queue that also jumps from time to time.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can confirm that. In fact, it was specifically pointed out to us on our Keys the the Kingdom tour in 2006 that the same spiders in the cave on Jungle Cruise are in the Haunted Mansion. Now that the HM had been redone, the spider room is gone, so those spiders only exist on the Jungle Cruise.

I haven't been on JC since the HM refurb, however, so I can't comment on whether or not there are now *more* spiders on the JC than there was beforehand.

Another HM/JC connection - the JC adventurer who "got the point - in the end" has the same face as the grounds keeper at the entrance of the cemetary on HM.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Another HM/JC connection - the JC adventurer who "got the point - in the end" has the same face as the grounds keeper at the entrance of the cemetary on HM.
    Really??? I've never really paid attention to that. All my tour guides say the line, wait two seconds and avert our attention to his "Favorute Plants"

The "favorite plants" line is near the end of the cruise, and the trapped safari scene "point in the end" is in the middle and there's plenty of material to use here and not enough time to use the favorite plants bit, especially when towards the end the boats back up and you need that extra material as your stalling for time.

And yes, the low man on the pole shares the same face as the grounds keeper in the graveyard. There have been other AA's that have similar faces or slightly altered, can't remember which ones to point out, but I do know for a fact that the low man on the pole and groundskeeper aren't the only two that share a face.

Either way he still didn't et us look at it long.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I thought I looked closely at JC but I guess I didn't look close enough.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMick View Post
    Either way he still didn't et us look at it long.
    Which is normal, unless you're in a slow boat with a skipper that likes to use every joke known in the jungle every single cruise, which causes backups in the river, bad idea. For this scene, there's enough time to get 1 or 2 jokes in before you're entering Crocodile Country. When you're in the jugnle, you don't want to "show stop" which means make a complete stop at a scene for no reason other than to tell more jokes about it, you must keep the river, the jokes, and the boats flowing constantly, with the occasional backup near Chief Namee but that's normal and that's why we can point at plants and offer the Chief's special 2 for 1 deal, and so on.