Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Interesting for Star Wars junkies.... in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from Theforce.net. thought I'd pass it along... Our Disney Bothan friend, Sean, sent us a link to Blue Sky Disney which is an inside scoop blog on ...
    ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Interesting for Star Wars junkies....

I got this from Theforce.net. thought I'd pass it along...

Our Disney Bothan friend, Sean, sent us a link to Blue Sky Disney which is an inside scoop blog on the Walt Disney Company. See below for a couple of Lucasfilm related news items from their rather extensive update on the site:

"As we said earlier, the main focus of noticeable expansion over the next few years will be Tommowland. It should all get started late next year when the work begins on Star Tours. If current schedule is kept, the area will under tarps by this time next year. George Lucas is working with Disney on some very interesting designs for the sequel to the original ride. Hopefully it won't end up like watching the Phantom Menace when we see it though. There should be a great deal of Star Wars Galaxy promoting starting next year... scratch that. I should say a lot of Lucasfilm promotion throughout the park, but by the end of the decade you can expect to see that Galaxy far, far away quite often when you come to Anaheim. Even more so if ABC is able to land the rights to the Clone Wars animated show. This is far from a done deal, but Disney really wants to show Mr. Lucas that it more than Fox is the place he should park his little show. As well as the makeover of Star Tours, expect several dining and retail concepts that have been floating around to adorn the area around the new ST ride. As for when it'll be finished, I'm not privy to exact dates, but the Bothans seem to suggest that it'll be between a twelve and eighteen month renovation. The exact dates and duration should become clearer in the early part of next year."

"Expect a big promotion for the new Indy film to begin in late March/early April. The area will start off with modest references to the new film and several promotional events should start to appear by May. The park that really gets to take advantage of Mr. Jones is TDS, being as it's name is almost that of the movie, the OLC is going to want a great deal of cross-promotion with the film. Disney and Lucas seem only too happy to help out..."

Sorry but I have no idea how to do a link but the story and a link to the blogspot is there!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That is pretty interesting. And I agree that I hope it won't be like watching Phantom Menace....LOL

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Woo hoo! STAR WARS! YA!!! YA!!!!!!!
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    The park that really gets to take advantage of Mr. Jones is......
    Doctor Jones.

cheshire_grl13 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would love to see this actually happen and I hope that it does, but this article is only talking about DL, not WDW. Will the same happen in WDW too or will it just be in DL?

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Doctor Jones.
    And we named the DOG Indiana. I have to aree that DL takes full advantage of Indy. WDW needs to do more!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_grl13 View Post
    I would love to see this actually happen and I hope that it does, but this article is only talking about DL, not WDW. Will the same happen in WDW too or will it just be in DL?
    So far the plans seem to include on DL but I might be reading that wrong. WDW needs to expand Indy. I like the stunt show but I'd kill to ride the DL ride!.

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I rode the DL ride a few years ago, and it is incredible, but it is exactly the same as DINOSAUR- the only thing they changed was theming. The motions and drops are all identical. So they don't really need the same ride twice.
    Although, they do have several versions of Dumbo, so why not put in another really awesome (although the same) attraction?

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Lotta fond memories of that dog.....