Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Spaceship Earth in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by GalPal Patrick Warburton is the guy who does the pre-show in Soarin'. He also did the voice of Kronk in "The Emperor's New Groove" and the voice ...
    HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    Patrick Warburton is the guy who does the pre-show in Soarin'. He also did the voice of Kronk in "The Emperor's New Groove" and the voice of Mr. Barkin in "Kim Possible"
    THAT GUY HAS THE COOLEST VOICE!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    well, im still pullin for James Earl Jones.
    HIS VOICE IS JUST AS COOL!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007 View Post
    This Judi Dench person has some biiiiig shoes to fill.
    Just to get the facts straight, this would be DAME Judy Dench -- as in the legendary British actress who has been honored by the Queen of England. I understand many are not thrilled with her narration. Most Disney fans who would post on any fan site are quite conservative when it comes to the parks, so any change is usually met with resistance. Give it, and her, some time. If memory serves, Jeremy Irons was not initially well received when he did the new narration after Cronkite. Over time, people grew to like his performance. I have a feeling the same will happen with Dame Judy Dench.

As for the second half, I'm with many others, there should be much more. I'll see this for myself in March, and I'm REALLY hoping Disney has some additional elements planned by the offical opening in Feb. (but probably not). We'll see.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

stitch918 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just got back and of course the first ride we went on was Spaceship Earth and I was a little wary about Judi Dench narrating at first because I think Jeremy Irons is probably the coolest person in the world but I actually thought she did a great job. The first part of the ride was excellent and I thought the added explanitory parts of the ride were really great and her voice had the same dramatic effect to me as Jeremy Irons' . . . As for the second part of the ride, I was expecting something like Horizons' ending but all they give you is some cartoon with your faces pasted on it which could get really boring after riding it numerous times. . . Seems like Disney is trying to cut some corners. . .
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

Mustard! Now let's not be silly!

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    I'm probably going to WDW in march, and I can't wait to see the changes to SSE (and the Haunted Mansion!!!)
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

JamboJohn is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean Lady View Post
    I'm probably going to WDW in march, and I can't wait to see the changes to SSE (and the Haunted Mansion!!!)
    Spaceship Earth = Started with good intentions and ended with "oh sh***, were over budget?!?!" really cheeses it up at the end...

Haunted mansion = cool effects but totally out of place in relation to the rest of the attraction. You cant add computer generated graphics projected on a manequin to
    a peppers's ghost illusion from the 1800's and expect it to fit. I DONT LIKE IT!!! and think it pulls away from the original instead of adding to it...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234