Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Livingston Parish, Louisiana in the News & Rumors forums; Livingson Parish is in the southeastern part of Louisiana. It neighbors Baton Rouge and is just northwest of New Orleans. I was recently told by several people that Disney has ...
    ruready2008 is offline A-Ticket holder

Livingston Parish, Louisiana

Livingson Parish is in the southeastern part of Louisiana. It neighbors Baton Rouge and is just northwest of New Orleans. I was recently told by several people that Disney has bought land here. I just thought that the rumor mill was turning again. I knew that Walt Disney World was originally supposed to be built here, but politics had run it out of town. Then I ran into a relative of mine who is high in the Parish government, and he told me about it. He said that Disney had bought 1900 acres and that they were purchasing more which would make the enitre property 5000 acres. I thought he was joking but he told me that he had been with represenatives of the Disney Company scouting land. I was amazed by this. Then I ran into one of the first people who had told me about it and I shared with them the information that I knew and he told me that some people in his church own a real estate company and that they had brought copies of the check that said, The Walt Disney Company, to church to give a percent of it and to show pople that Disney really did buy land in our area. They wouldn't tell where the land was because Disney was buying more. That brought me back to my realtive whom I asked why the news hadn't broke. He told me that because they were purchasing more land, the news was being held back so that land prices won't skyrocket like they did in Florida after the news broke there. He wouldn't tell me where the land was either. He did tell me that the news was supposed to break sometime within the next few weeks. He just didn't know when. I am curious about the project because of what kind of themeing it could have. It will be interesting to see what happens. Any more info I recieve I will post here.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would be interested to hear more, but I find it very...odd...only because the location doesn't make sense. It is too close to WDW and the market value for something like that would be lower. With all the money being invested in the current US parks, I don't think they would try to open another too soon. One other point, when land was purchased for WDW and for Disneyland, they didn't do it with the Walt Disney name at all. The Walt Disney Productions logo or name would not have appeared on checks, it was done with pseudonyms. Definitely not the kind of checks you would be able to bring to a civic or church function and demonstrate.

Perhaps they have made some investment of a sort in LA, but another theme park land buying deal...I don't know...Like I said, I would be curious to hear more if you find out.

I haven't heard of that! That's really interesting though - keep us all posted!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

ruready2008 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I meant to put that i found it odd also that they are using the Disney name. But, who knows, they have a little bit more money than they did have.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm in Alexandria, La. so I really hope they build a cool park there. I'd only be 2 hrs away!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I'm in Alexandria, La. so I really hope they build a cool park there. I'd only be 2 hrs away!!

It would be alot closer for me from West Monroe, but I'm not holding my breath since that would be way too cool for words.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Maybe, they are building another one of their vacation destination resorts-like Hilton Head. Or maybe it will be a Disney Resort for stopovers on a new cruise line destination. With the amount of federal hurricane money rolling around down there, anything is possible and the purchases could be for investment only or for a new Disney studios sight since more movies are being filmed in the south nowadays. A new WDW/DL would be fabulous as it would relieve some congestion, but I doubt they are going to do that given the hurricane history of that area and it's proximity to WDW.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    All it has to be is DISNEY and I'm there.!! I live1 1/2 hrs away just west of Lafayette.

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    a movie studio might sound right. The movie industry has been growing here lately
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    just found this. It's from november

:: Baton Rouge Business Report :: Daily Report
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ^very interesting report. Still doesn't cite Disney as a buyer, but interesting none the less. I am not trying to be a spoil sport, just keep hopes at a realistic level.

Quote Originally Posted by bnac View Post
    just found this. It's from november

:: Baton Rouge Business Report :: Daily Report
    We can only hope for a Disney park here in La!!! But, like before, the politicians will destroy it for us.

P.S. I hope Ohio State is ready for the beating they're gonna get on Jan. 7th!!!!! I don't think they have tangled with an SEC team before.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
    It would be alot closer for me from West Monroe, but I'm not holding my breath since that would be way too cool for words.
    I didn't know you were from West Monroe! Very Cool!!!

Walt Disney

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    If I remember correctly there was a thread that Disney was thinking about building some Downtown Disney type locations around the US....maybe this is one of their spots to put another one. Shopping, dining, clubs.....and they could always add a water park as well.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

ozzietropics is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Interesting. Hopefully Disney's name can bring people back to the hurricane-ravaged area, and maybe raise awareness of the wetlands while we're at it. I would doubt a DtD would go there, but a hotel could offer many beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico and the marshes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast