Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Hollywood Studios Hat Going Away? in the News & Rumors forums; so the basically almost everyone is in agreement that the hat is in the wrong place but i dont see it coming down now that it has been the icon ...
    Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    so the basically almost everyone is in agreement that the hat is in the wrong place but i dont see it coming down now that it has been the icon since the 100 years of magic and since it became the official logo of mgm (excuse me disney's hollywood studios lol) and i had noticed that with the epcot wand not alot of merchandise had the latters and the wand on them most of the time it was just plain old SSE so im not quite sure they would be so willing to get rid of it now after all the money invested into it perhapse it will just move to a different location but who knows its been up for debate for a while now.
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    i'd be very surprised if anything happened. even just to move it is a big project in and of itself

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's true to. It would probably be cheaper just to tear it down.

Maybe, if they do move it, they will drop it and destroy it!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I Like the hat, I like it a whole lot and I have a story about that hat that endears it to me. When I took my DD in May/June, my GPS got me from home to WDW, I was driving down LBV Drive and my GPS said make immediate u-turn, I did, then she said it again, I did it again. I turned three times before I figured out she was not picking up the signal for the other end of the resort. She was not programmed for ASMu, and I have a really bad sense of direction in a new environment. I can, however, read a map and I had my trusty WDW resorts map. I pulled over near DTD and checked the map, realized I should be able to see the Hat before I needed to turn toward the resort. I found it, the hat saved me from turning in endless circles or asking for directions and it is now one of my favorite landmarks. It is my beacon in the dark now.

Besides, if they take out the hat where would High School Musical Pep Rally go?????? We love that.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Besides, if they take out the hat where would High School Musical Pep Rally go??????
    There's another reason to take away the hat! I'm only kidding.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I'm just going to say it....I hate the hat. Even though I have a strong hate for the hat(because it blocks the Chinese Theater) I really doubt that the hat is coming down.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I Like the hat, I like it a whole lot and I have a story about that hat that endears it to me. When I took my DD in May/June, my GPS got me from home to WDW, I was driving down LBV Drive and my GPS said make immediate u-turn, I did, then she said it again, I did it again. I turned three times before I figured out she was not picking up the signal for the other end of the resort. She was not programmed for ASMu, and I have a really bad sense of direction in a new environment. I can, however, read a map and I had my trusty WDW resorts map. I pulled over near DTD and checked the map, realized I should be able to see the Hat before I needed to turn toward the resort. I found it, the hat saved me from turning in endless circles or asking for directions and it is now one of my favorite landmarks. It is my beacon in the dark now.

Besides, if they take out the hat where would High School Musical Pep Rally go?????? We love that.
    I live that story! I doubt the hat is going anywhere anytime soon unless hurricane Zelda comes blowing through WDW.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

stitch918 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is probably a stupid question but was the enormous pin trading shop there before the hat went up? Because I couldn't really see Disney taking the hat down and losing the pin place which probably generates a good amount of money.
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

Mustard! Now let's not be silly!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007 View Post
    I'm just going to say it....I hate the hat. Even though I have a strong hate for the hat(because it blocks the Chinese Theater) I really doubt that the hat is coming down.
    I agree wholeheartedly! Can't they at least move it off to a corner somewhere. The Movie Ride building was so cool to look at while entering this park. Stitch is most likely right, the $$ generated by the pins will probably win over. Newbies unknowingly walk into the hat to explore and find themselves in pin heaven (or heck!)

ozzietropics is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't have feelings for the hat. It is a great weenie, but it blocks a beautiful icon of the park.

At least the wand isn't going over the Tower of Terror.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123