Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Wonders of Life Pavillion in the News & Rumors forums; It's been awhile since we talked about this so I figured rather than bump a nearly year old thread I'd start a new one. Has anyone heard of any official ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Wonders of Life Pavillion

It's been awhile since we talked about this so I figured rather than bump a nearly year old thread I'd start a new one.

Has anyone heard of any official plans for this pavillion? Is it totally closed now or still considered seasonal?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Last I heard it was seasonal, but it didn't open at all last year to my knowledge.

I went last month to look at some of the Christmas stuff and when we were walking to the Universe of Energy, I stopped at the Wonders of Life pavillion to get some video footage of it since I heard a rumor that the pavilion (and everything therein) was going to be demolished. Everything looked the same.....except the model of the DNA strand was completely gone.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The DNA strand and the "Wonders of Life" signs are gone. The building was used for the Festival Center for Food & Wine this past fall, and most of the stuff in the open center of the pavilion was gone. Some of the signs were still there for Body Wars, but I don't know the fate of the ride behind it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    The WDW webpage still has a link to WOL and all the attractions in it and still says its open seasonally. I'm going in a couple of weeks and I will try and investigate!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's depressing to know that the Wonders of Life is pretty much gone. I really didn't spend a whole lot of time there, but Cranium Command and Body Wars were fun.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

tiring_day is offline A-Ticket holder
    Cranium Command, that's the one I was thinking of as I was reading down the thread. Hope if it does come down they can do something with that and Body Wars as they were both great attractions.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Honestly, they were the only reasons I went to Wonders of Life.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

stitch918 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember those bikes/ video things that you could get on and it would clock your miles and stuff which were fun. . . But mostly the things in Wonders of Life like that were just random fillers. . . The pavillion (besides Cranium Command and Body Wars) didn't have much to do
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

Mustard! Now let's not be silly!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Wow, to hear that basically the whole innards gone, and the sign and DNA strand removed, I guess it's not coming back again I'll just have to be glad that the last time I was able to visit that side of Epcot when it was open, I raced up the ramp and straight into Cranium Command, and just being the only group there for that show made my day even better. So long Buzzy and General Knowledge, without the Cranium Commandos in service, who's going to straighten out the stupid people now? I'm worried for our future world.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Sad. It was such a great pavilion to learn the sciences in. I remember how many school field trips there used to be to Future World for the Sciences, one building from the bus path used to stage. We as a family spent many a hour in this Pavilion. So much for the whole family to do, together. I took so many pictures of my children through the years in front of the skeleton X-Rays, we used them as a growth scale, 'look how much you grew since our last trip to WDW'. My two year old on Daddy's lap, to short to peddle the bike on her own. My son in the batting cage. The memory of my son coming off Body Wars the first time, "Woe, I'm never doing that again," he was about five. It seems only Energy remains for these young families on this side of Future World. I'm missing the Old Epcot.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Y'know... it's funny... I think I am one of the only people who didn't enjoy this pavillion. I remember visiting the year it opened and being sort of unimpressed. Body Wars made me sick (as most of those types of rides do, including Star Wars unfortunately) and the rest felt very much like a subdued version of the Science Center in Ontario I visited so often as a kid. I think maybe because to me, it was a new pavillion (after spending years at Epcot prior to it's opening) it isn't "Classic Epcot". It almost feels like it went as quick as it came.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe