Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New MK Parade? in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: New Parade Coming to The Magic Kingdom A very reliable source has just informed me that Walt Disney World management has purchased the ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question New MK Parade?

I got this from WDW News Today:

New Parade Coming to The Magic Kingdom

A very reliable source has just informed me that Walt Disney World management has purchased the Parade of Dreams from the Disneyland Resort in California. The parade will make it’s final west coast performance in November 2008 and will debut at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in January 2009. While this is still not 100% confirmed at the moment, the announcement should come towards the end of 2008 and the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    thanks for the info!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's great info. I have always kind of found the current parade some what annoying.

One quick question- Does a Disney theme park really have to "purchase" an attraction (parade, ride, show, etc.) from another Disney theme park?
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Nice! Yeah, I am pretty sick of SpectroMagic, and I miss the Main Street Electrical Parade so much (even though I was just a kid when it was in MK) and I even went to California in 2004 to see it when it made it's final US performance before being shipped overseas. With any luck this new parade will be a little more exciting. Certainly something to look forward to! Thanks!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Most large companies have divisions that are almost run as different autonomous organizations, each with their own budgets. For example, I work at a bank. We need to "purchase" a new computer from the technology department when a new employee starts. As in, the money comes out of our budget, goes to the technology division's budget, and we get a computer. I imagine it's very similar for the Walt Disney Company. Each park has a yearly budget. To get the floats and other props for the parade from Disneyland, Walt Disney World would have to give something to Disneyland in return (in this case, money from their budget).

Wait a second!!! Is this parade replacing Spectro?! I thought that it was replacing the 3:00 parade.

Thanks mritty. I didn't know that. I always knew that each division of Disney was seperate (ie. Parks and Resorts is seperate from Consumer Products) but I didn't know that it went any further than that.
    - Matt

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    Nice! Yeah, I am pretty sick of SpectroMagic, and I miss the Main Street Electrical Parade so much (even though I was just a kid when it was in MK) and I even went to California in 2004 to see it when it made it's final US performance before being shipped overseas. With any luck this new parade will be a little more exciting. Certainly something to look forward to! Thanks!
    I hate to break this to you but if the parade is picked up it WON'T relace Spectro. It's replace the 3:00 parade.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Wait a second!!! Is this parade replacing Spectro?! I thought that it was replacing the 3:00 parade.

Thanks mritty. I didn't know that. I always knew that each division of Disney was seperate (ie. Parks and Resorts is seperate from Consumer Products) but I didn't know that it went any further than that.
    It's isn't replacind Spectro. It was a misunderstanding.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Binki44 is offline A-Ticket holder
    thank God I Hate That 3:00 Parade I Dont Think It's Long Engogh To Wait For

Oh thank goodness! That makes me feel better. I was going to be very upset if it replaced Spectro. That's the only parade that I'll wait for.
    - Matt

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm obviously in the minority here, and that's fine, but I really like Disney Dreams Come True. Moreso than Spectromagic, actually. I like the song, and I just get more of an emotional response from DDCT. Don't get me wrong, Spectro is great to look at, with some pretty cool visual effects, but I'll easily wait for DDCT longer than I will for Spectro.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Disneyland Parade of Dreams is very cool. The floats are awesome and the parade kicks off with Tinker Bell. I would love to see it come to WDW!

In 2006, I saw the MSEP at California Adventure and what a great parade that is!! I felt like I was getting to see a part of Disney "lore" in action. It was a bit overwhelming.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

saxophone06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Only 690 Miles Away from the Magic Kingdom!
    I really like the Disney Dreams Come True soundtrack, but I think it's time to give the old recycled floats a break. Come on, one of the floats has been there since WDW's 25th Anniversary Parade, "Remember the Magic".

I think that Parade of Dreams would fit perfectly, except for the first and finale floats that is, because the first one includes Disneyland's train station and logo, and the finale includes Sleeping Beauty Castle.

I would REALLY disagree with it replacing SpectroMagic, though, but I think the parade could use some re-imagineering, with some new floats, and ESPECIALLY a new title float. (That WDW logo was changed over 10 years ago, and its inside the Magic Kingdom, not the whole resort.) Maybe, they could even throw in a tribute to the Main Street Electircal Parade at the end.
    Last edited by saxophone06; 02-25-2008 at 07:58 PM.
    To all to who come to this happy place,

Walt E. Disney, 1955
    Disneyland Opening Day

I kind of like the old logo in the title float. But, I also remember when that logo was used at WDW so it is still relevent to me.
    - Matt

saxophone06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Only 690 Miles Away from the Magic Kingdom!
    See, my first trip was in June of 2005, so the old logo doesn't hold any relevance to me. But, I do get what you are saying, that to some people, that's how they grew up seeing that logo, but I was born during the final years of the logo still being used as the 'official' logo.
    To all to who come to this happy place,

Walt E. Disney, 1955
    Disneyland Opening Day