Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Dining Plan in the News & Rumors forums; I heard that the dining plan is just a test thing for disney to see how it would work out. I heard that they are going to have it anymore ...
    dtotheb is offline A-Ticket holder
    Indianapolis Indiana, hometown Baltimore Maryland

Dining Plan

I heard that the dining plan is just a test thing for disney to see how it would work out. I heard that they are going to have it anymore sometime in late 2008. Is there any truth to this??!! I think the dining plan is really a good idea and makes things soo much easier.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Haven't heard that one but do believe they have a hit with the plan but testing to see how tightly they can trim it down and people still opt for it. Prior to 2008, my family thought it was a no brainer due to the way we dine at WDW and saved us a ton...now, not so sure.

dining plan

I believe it is a great deal as well. When I was there in December and on the dining plan, we went to Downtown Disney and ate at Cap'n Jacks for dinner and was very surprised to find they had twin lobster tail on the menu at 32.00 plus the appetizer and dessert, that was well over 40.00, what was paid per day on the plan.

I had heard they plan to take away the plan in hopes that people will still go back and eat at the places they ate at on the plan and pay the full price of the meals. Just wondered if there is any other info out there about this.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dtotheb View Post
    I heard that the dining plan is just a test thing for disney to see how it would work out. I heard that they are going to have it anymore sometime in late 2008. Is there any truth to this??!! I think the dining plan is really a good idea and makes things soo much easier.

They can't get rid of it in 2008, seeing as how people have already booked it for 2008. MYW packages are able to be booked between now and Dec 31, 2008, including the Dining Plan. Therefore, they can't get rid of it until 2009 at the absolute earliest.

dining plan

I guess it may have been 2009 not 2008 that I was told they are going to get rid of it. I sure hope they don't!!!