Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Magic Connection in the News & Rumors forums; Was at Magic Kingdom today and was asked to beta test the ninendo ds Magic Connection. I was able to find out wait times for all the rides and what ...
    Crazy4Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Magic Connection

Was at Magic Kingdom today and was asked to beta test the ninendo ds Magic Connection. I was able to find out wait times for all the rides and what time the fast pass were being issued for anywhere in the park. That was great! No longer did you have to go across the park and find out the fast pass had already been issued for the day. There were also games that you could play while you waited in line. Some of the games could only be unlocked if you were near a particular area. There were games based on space mountain, jungle cruise, Pooh bear, big thunder mountain, and a fantasyland trivia. All the map details were available and could give you directions to the closest bathroom, restaurant, etc. If you are not familiar with the park, it would be very helpful. We had a few suggestions but overall, it was fun to try out. I think it could be very helpful once it is perfected!
    Crazy4Mickey

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    So, is this something that you can rent/borrow/buy from Disney or are you using your cell phone ?
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

It is on the Nintendo DS. A cast member stopped us when we were going through the gate. They give you the system with the program installed. It is attacted to a neck strap so you can wear it around your neck for easy access. We had to either leave credit card info or a room key as a "deposit" to make sure they got the system back. We received a free 5x7 photo pass picture for every member of the family and a pin as gift for testing it.
    Crazy4Mickey

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    thats great! i would really like to try one of these out and it was really nice that they gave you guys the photopass and pins.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Mickey View Post
    It is on the Nintendo DS. A cast member stopped us when we were going through the gate. They give you the system with the program installed. It is attacted to a neck strap so you can wear it around your neck for easy access. We had to either leave credit card info or a room key as a "deposit" to make sure they got the system back. We received a free 5x7 photo pass picture for every member of the family and a pin as gift for testing it.
    OH that sounds really cool. What a helpful thing to have. I am semi familiar with the parks(planning freak) but still get turned around when I actually get there and wind up in the wrong spot.

I think they should add some park courtesy tips too for those not familiar with US customs and especially those from the US who have entitlement issues....things like "you must get in a line to ride and see characters" "please use the restrooms if you have to relieve yourself or your children, not the bushes" "no Heelies allowed" "remember when you take flash pics inside a dark ride it is very disturbing to others in their enjoyment of the ride" YEAH I know pipe dream on that but it is worth a shot if any of you Disney decision makers are reading this.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

stitch918 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Any tips on how you could get it to test it? We're going in two weeks and it sounds like a lot of fun!
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

Mustard! Now let's not be silly!

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Do you get it only on DS's they give you, or can you bring your own and download it???

I sure hope so, I have a DS!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

On Monday we saw others in the park with them so on our way out, we stopped and asked about getting one for Tuesday. We were told the families are picked at random. It was dumb luck that we happened to be picked on Tuesday. Since they are just in the testing phase, you have to use the DS they give you. It had info on the characters that were available for pictures in the park, parade and show times, some limited info on dining but could not make a reservation (at least yet), and as I mentioned before, the wait times and fast pass times for the rides. That was the best. It even had a "wish list" that you could check mark which rides you want to ride and it would give you a suggestion list in the order of which would be most efficient. We made several suggestions, such as other park info, making dining reservations, as well as a virtual fast pass. If it was time to get a new fast pass, you could simply download one to the DS and it would record it and track your fast passes. When you went to use it, the cast member would simply delete it. That way you wouldn't have to walk the entire park to get a pass. The possibilities are endless. I hope it is a success.
    Crazy4Mickey

They probably would make it compatible with other DS's. If they didn't they'd really lose some money there.

Do you know if it's just The Magic Kingdom, or will we be able to do it in other parks, too???

Right now it is only being tested in MK. I'm sure it will have several changes before the final product is available.
    Crazy4Mickey

cool

LinkBacks (?)