Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Carousel of Progress Rumor in the News & Rumors forums; The Carousel of Progress and The Hall of Presidents are probably my most favorite attractions as WDW, so I REALLY hope that Disney will not dismantle COP. I'd welcome an ...
    MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney's Carousel of Progress

The Carousel of Progress and The Hall of Presidents are probably my most favorite attractions as WDW, so I REALLY hope that Disney will not dismantle COP.

I'd welcome an update of the final scene; otherwise, I really value this legacy of Walt.

Please, Disney, preserve this wonderful Tomorrowland attraction! Thank you!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MousekeTodd View Post
    The Carousel of Progress and The Hall of Presidents are probably my most favorite attractions as WDW, so I REALLY hope that Disney will not dismantle COP.

I'd welcome an update of the final scene; otherwise, I really value this legacy of Walt.

Please, Disney, preserve this wonderful Tomorrowland attraction! Thank you!
    I think a lot of us can say that despite a few technologies being around, a lot like the VR video games are not out there yet despite the Nintendo wii is getting closer and closer to it.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Since they did add this century with the programmable oven and VR games, I like it just the way it is. It is one of myearliest memories from going to DL with my dad and one of the things we always had to go to. SInce I like the idea of keeping the past, while exploring the present and future, I hope it stays put, then I can still enjoy it and relive some really great times with my dad-since those will never get to happen again.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Monday Update

This is from Mouse Planet on Monday:

Apparently, the new "Dream House" opening in the Innoventions building at Disneyland has a twin being designed for Florida. A rumor that we've received notes thaApparently, the new "Dream House" opening in the Innoventions building at Disneyland has a twin being designed for Florida. A rumor that we've received notes that it may targeted for the Carousel of Progress building as "they had to keep many design specifications the same between the parks because of the moving walls." We have no independent confirmation on this, so we'll have to wait to see if this rumor bears fruit.t it may targeted for the Carousel of Progress building as "they had to keep many design specifications the same between the parks because of the moving walls." We have no independent confirmation on this, so we'll have to wait to see if this rumor bears fruit.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Unfortunately, even the "this century" stuff looks dated now. They should have a Nintendo Wii in place of those gaudy "VR Glasses". But seriously, I always cringe when I hear the daughter mention "Don't tell us another story about the old days when you didn't even have a car phone!!" A car phone? Man, what a flash-in-the-pan those were. It can't really be that hard to have someone record the word "cell" to stick in place of that, can it?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    If anything, I hope Disney will update the last scene. I'm sure they will, as there are always imagineers looking at it!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

bcmom323 is offline A-Ticket holder

Where has it gone?

I just received a Disney World planning dvd in the mail and when I was looking thru the info they sent with it I coulnd't find the Carousel of Progress anywhere on the Magic Kingdom map. I was wondering if it was still up and running or had they closed it and replaced it with the Monsters Inc Laugh Factory?

Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by bcmom323 View Post
    I just received a Disney World planning dvd in the mail and when I was looking thru the info they sent with it I coulnd't find the Carousel of Progress anywhere on the Magic Kingdom map. I was wondering if it was still up and running or had they closed it and replaced it with the Monsters Inc Laugh Factory?

Amanda
    Yikes, that is making the story even more curious. Monsters is in a different attraction building by Buzz, I think it took over Timekeepers. The Monster shows area has been many attractions over the decades.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh no. The Laugh Floor is further down the street across form Stitch's Great Escape. It replaced The Timekeeper. As of December CoP is still up and running. However, the fact that CoP is not on the Map is very interesting.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

wallyrich is offline A-Ticket holder

Carousel of Progress FOREVER

No, I can not (choose not to) believe that the Carousel of Progress will ever go. It is my favorite ride along with Splash Mountain and the monorail. I can not imagine a Disney World without it.

I prefer the $300 hard ticket fifth park rumor myself.

bcmom323 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Its still on the website

Okay I just went on Walt Disney World website and looked at a map of the the Magic Kingdom. The CoP is still on their map; and when I looked again at the planning booklet that came with my dvd it does have the BUILDING on the map but there is no number on it and it is not listed in the attractions in Tomarrowland on the map. I guess I should call the Disney travel company and ask about it. When they close an attraction for refurbishment or if it is a seasonal attraction they do the same thing; have the building on the map but nothing to acknowledge it. I really hope they keep this attraction, because when we were there in 2006 I rode it for the first time and really liked it.

Amanda

13 months til our next trip: June 2009 Port Orleans Riverside

Sept 2006 Port Orleans Riverside

April 1995 Off property

June 1994 Off property

June 1988 Off property

Quote Originally Posted by bcmom323 View Post
    Okay I just went on Walt Disney World website and looked at a map of the the Magic Kingdom. The CoP is still on their map; and when I looked again at the planning booklet that came with my dvd it does have the BUILDING on the map but there is no number on it and it is not listed in the attractions in Tomarrowland on the map. I guess I should call the Disney travel company and ask about it. When they close an attraction for refurbishment or if it is a seasonal attraction they do the same thing; have the building on the map but nothing to acknowledge it. I really hope they keep this attraction, because when we were there in 2006 I rode it for the first time and really liked it.

Amanda
    Wonders of Life is still on the map and closed as is the old Odyssey Rest.
    Unmarked but still shows building. Disney never announces anything until it is darn well ready. Contemporary, DVC as an example. If they are really going to do this they wouldn't want the fall out in advance, think Mr. Toad uproar.
    The moving wall seems to be the draw...doesn't Imagination at Epcot have moving walls too????

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Carousel of Progress is open seasonally, that is why it's not listed.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe
    doesn't Imagination at Epcot have moving walls too????
    Nope after it's refurb it's just a very simple track.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    It was open just about everytime when I was doing my program from January 07-August 07. I even took my parents on it for the first time perhaps in their life because my dad forgot if he saw it when he went to the '64/'65 World's Fair.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think they should just build a new CoP at the Smithsonian, not take the whole thing away from WDW.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast