Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Carousel of Progress Rumor in the News & Rumors forums; My family loves the COP. My 3-year-old son runs around the house singing, "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."!!! I don't know where he gets it from, hee hee!!...
    DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My family loves the COP. My 3-year-old son runs around the house singing, "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."!!! I don't know where he gets it from, hee hee!!
    DTSZ

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I haven't heard the Smithsonian but instead as an exhibit in Innoventions
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks, after reading all these posts I'll be singing "It's a great big beatiful tomorrow" all day. I can't see them moving the COP, to big . But I could see them putting some PIXAR refurb in there. It seems to be the direction the park has been going with new attrattions lately.
    COP one of my favs. I was there last September and i noticed they counting and writing down the nuimber of people waiting in line?

Thanks, after reading all these posts I'll be singing "It's a great big beatiful tomorrow" all day. I can't see them moving the COP, to big . But I could see them putting some PIXAR refurb in there. It seems to be the direction the park has been going with new attrattions lately.
    COP one of my favs. I was there last September and i noticed they counting and writing down the nuimber of people waiting in line?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Bite your tongue.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Bite your tongue.
    +1 They wont replace COP with anything Pixar since they just put in Pixar Place in DHS. If anything happens, it will be moved. It's been moved twice before over much longer distances, so it isn't entirely out of the question.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Maybe we need to start a petition to keep CoP. I love that attraction (hate that song after my last WDW trip, long story) but I love CoP.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ok, so what I am thinking is that the COP will get it's refurb, and (this is just my theory) the Dream House COULD get moved to Epcot OR Tomorrowland. If it is Epcot, maybe the old Wonders of Life Pavillion?
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

PoorNanna is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was just there on 7-3-08 and it actually looked like it had received some TLC. All of the dogs were new that I could tell, but the last time I was on it was probably Dec 07. It also looked like the dad was wearing new clothes, there were several new props that I noticed, and some new paint. I was quite surprised and happy to see the love it received because it makes me think they want to keep it around for a bit longer. I LOVE CoP and would hate to see it disappear forever.

I was thinking that the end really needs an update. Really. But then I was thinking that there would be issues with all of the voice actors and whatnot. I would love to see an ending update.
    For all who come to this happy place...welcome.

Although I agree the ending could use an update, I mean Grammy playing some virtual game is classic. I think COP is meant to show us how progress in technology improved our life and the meaning of the attraction still holds after 40 some years. Remember this attraction was at the 1965 world's fair.

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well, that would be pretty big to shoehorn in one of the museums... not to mention pretty tough to maintain by anyone but Disney. Last I heard, there was going to be some "retro" upgrades to a handful of the classic rides (Tiki Birds, Carousel, etc.) to highlight classic Disney appeal for the WDW 40th anniversary in a few years.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Hoping it is just a nice refurb with freshening up all the way thru, and a better transitional period before the end. They left out the 70's and eighties. Maybe the granddaughter could be a hippie and her daughter a yuppie before the finale of grammy playing virtual reality.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    The funny part is, in it's original form, the 80s was the "future" ending.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    The funny part is, in it's original form, the 80s was the "future" ending.

Yea I always wondered about that...
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234