Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Theme Park to be added to DW in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by SlpngBeauty Hmmm, something to think about, but I don't see Mickey giving the villains free reign over their own "town." That's the thing, he probably doesn't want ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by SlpngBeauty View Post
    Hmmm, something to think about, but I don't see Mickey giving the villains free reign over their own "town."
    That's the thing, he probably doesn't want to give them a park, but they where do they go every night? Where do these villians live, what do they do on their normal day lives when they're not out being evil and such? I'm sure Mickey won't be happy about them having their own 'park' but they do at least deserve a place of their own, because if it wasn't for villians, there wouldn't be the need for the role of the hero that most look up to. I would love to see a villians park and see things from their perspective, maybe they're just normal folk that have been having some bad luck not getting what they want, so they start taking revenge on innocent people and then goes on to 'taking over the world,' which I think would be a really awsome idea if they had their own park, that near every October, they'd plan to "take over 'the World" and have several attractions at all the parks be sabotaged by a villian. Not really 'break down,' but have them alter a show scene or the outcome of the ride just to give it an interesting twist for a short time, and then all attractions resume back to normal operation after Mickey saves the day, or whatever.

Belle_JDR is offline A-Ticket holder
    I will say this if they did make a villian park I would be in heaven! I LOVE the villians! To be honest just half a park. If no one else liked it there my cousin Jordan and I would be happy! Besides think of the attractions they could have! And the castle could always be the Nobody castle or what ever it was. ok ok so maybe no since that's Kingdom Hearts but still. Who was not in love with Davy Jones or Jafar? And Scar was just SO cute!

Just had to say that after reading everyone say their opinion lol.
    Last edited by Belle_JDR; 02-02-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Janice
    "Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking...."
    "A dangerous pastime..."
    "I know..." -lyrics sung by Gaston and Lefou

My future: a skipper on the Jungle Cruise (or hiding from the skipper that keeps trying to get me to be on!)
    I'm the woman standing infront of you reading while the line infront of me has disappeared

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I don't really care for the idea of a villains park either. I would enjoys maybe a ride or two based on the villains but I think a whole park would be overdoing it. Another thing I think (this is just my opinion) is that it may not be all that family friendly, which is what WDW is all about. I know that when Jafar pretended to "chase" me on my first WDW trip when I was 8, I about had a heart attack and started crying. Now, I may have been that one in a million kid that was scared to death of him, but nonetheless think of how many really young children would not be very happy campers in a Disney villains theme park. Disney already made a name change to Snow White's "Scary" Adventures because kids were frightened of it. Imagine if a park was filled with rides with elements like that. I'm not saying that I think the park would be horrifying to small children, but there may be enough unappealing things in it to keep certain families away...and of course Disney's aim is to draw families in, not out. Just a different view of things.

Either way, I don't really see the whole villains park thing happening anyway, not any time soon at least.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Older families. Teenagers. Belle_JDR and Jordan. The couples that go to Universal Studios because Walt Disney World is TOO family friendly. The Roller-coaster fanatics that are sick of Aerosmith and total darkness.

and plus, the more teenagers, the more unwisely spent money on cheap, useless items!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wouldn't mind having a "thrill park" at Disney. However, I would expect the same amount of theming that the other 4 parks have. I think it would be kind of difficult to theme a thrill park. I mean, they can only use so many mountains and dark coasters before they all become the same, and I don't think Disney would allow an unthemed roller coaster in their park.

I agree with what someone else said, Disney needs to concentrate on making the current parks better and up to date.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

EeyoresButterfl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Don't count on it anytime soon. I have been hearing this rumor for years, since my first CP. The idea behind it (as I have heard) is that it would attract the families with teenagers and people who like roller coasters. I would go, I love coasters and that is one thing I wish Disney had more of. The villains do have a big following, that is why they have their own show at MNSSHP and their own store at Studios. I think it could be fun, you would just have to trust parents to know if it is going to be too scary for their children. The fact is, there will always be things that scare children. I have worked with the characters, and I cannot count the number of times that parents have held a screaming child next to a character becuase they just have to have that picture, they don't take into account the child is terrified.

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    While I listen to rumors like this is bated breath because they pop up at least once a year, it would actually make strong financial sense for the Disney Company. If Disney created a thrills based park it would be an attempt to attract a different audience to the theme parks. There are enough thrill junkies out there that would pay for all the new thrills.

I also agree that a park like this goes totally against the type of theme park that Walt wanted. Considering that Iger has wanted to put Disney Corp back into a more Walt focus I really doubt this will happen. But there is nothing wrong with discussing a rumor like this.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

Really??? Cool, maybe we'll see some more Oswald the Lucky Rabbit out on shelves just today I went to The Disney Store in the mall and they had a whole shelf devoted to Oswald.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Folks, read the actual article. This guy is not reporting that Disney has announced anything. He's conjecturing. The pretense of his article is that he's taken a field trip to the year 2010, where the expansion of DCA has been completed, and when Disney has announced a fifth park. That is, this guy is guessing that in 2010, Disney will announce a fifth park. He is not saying they've announced it now, in 2008, to be complete by 2010.
    I'm quoting this response because I think lots of folks are missing it... this article is not any sort of announcement, it's like a dream story.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresButterfl View Post
    The villains do have a big following, that is why they have their own show at MNSSHP and their own store at Studios.
    No they don't. Maybe they used to, but for the last 2 years at least, "Villians in Vogue" has sold 95% Jack Skellington and Pirates of the Carribean merchandise. Last time I was there, I saw one tiny rack that had some "my side of the story" 2-in-1 books, and a few towels. That's it.

Belle_JDR is offline A-Ticket holder
    To clarify, Jordan is only 6. He has loved the villians in every movie since he can remember. Sure he likes the heros too but you if you asked him when he was four who his favorite character was, it was probably a villian. I know a few kids that wouldn't be afraid of it. I know my husband would rather go to a park based on thrill then Disney. I'm pulling teeth to get our kids there when we have them. I just think there is an audiance for it.
    Janice
    "Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking...."
    "A dangerous pastime..."
    "I know..." -lyrics sung by Gaston and Lefou

My future: a skipper on the Jungle Cruise (or hiding from the skipper that keeps trying to get me to be on!)
    I'm the woman standing infront of you reading while the line infront of me has disappeared

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I don't really care for the idea of a villains park either. I would enjoys maybe a ride or two based on the villains but I think a whole park would be overdoing it. Another thing I think (this is just my opinion) is that it may not be all that family friendly, which is what WDW is all about. I know that when Jafar pretended to "chase" me on my first WDW trip when I was 8, I about had a heart attack and started crying. Now, I may have been that one in a million kid that was scared to death of him, but nonetheless think of how many really young children would not be very happy campers in a Disney villains theme park.
    Deja vu Jafar chased my daughter 4 1/2 at the time, around during a character breakfast at MGM. She Screamed bloody murder, hysterical. We payed for four character meals but had to leave as we were just starting to eat because Jafar chased her around trying to grab her box of Frosty Flakes. Families around us thought it to be funny, a ballistic preschooler. A bit too much Jafar interaction. I had forgotten about Jafar! What was up with him back then.

Taking over the world must have gotten to his head... or he likes Tony the Tiger

disney95 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree that a fifth theme park wil be overdoing it a little too much. Disney has already introduced lots of new rides, new additions to hotels (like the Contemporary) and they even introduced two new cruise ships double the size of the originals! Eventually the rates are just going to keep going up every year to fund these new things. A villian park wouldn't be that family "themed" park like the others. If anything, just add a couple of rides!

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    VILLAINS!please no history park!
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast