Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Theme Park to be added to DW in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Deja vu Jafar chased my daughter 4 1/2 at the time, around during a character breakfast at MGM. She Screamed bloody murder, hysterical. We payed for ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Deja vu Jafar chased my daughter 4 1/2 at the time, around during a character breakfast at MGM. She Screamed bloody murder, hysterical. We payed for four character meals but had to leave as we were just starting to eat because Jafar chased her around trying to grab her box of Frosty Flakes. Families around us thought it to be funny, a ballistic preschooler. A bit too much Jafar interaction. I had forgotten about Jafar! What was up with him back then.
    Lol, poor thing....I feel her pain! Eesh, that Jafar incident has left me scarred these many years later!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMick View Post
    Taking over the world must have gotten to his head... or he likes Tony the Tiger
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Belle_JDR is offline A-Ticket holder
    There was a time my brother would not go near the villians. I remember he had me pick him up and I was going towards the fox from Pinoccio (sp). He was ok until we got there and then he cried and cried and cried. (He did this with Mickey too lol.) He still hates that fox! For some reason even now he's more shy around the villians. I guess it's just the idea behind it. (Then again worst thing that happened to me as a child was Chip and Dale stealling my stroller with me in it lol. Maybe that's why I don't get it...) The kids will laugh later at it... maybe...
    Janice
    "Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking...."
    "A dangerous pastime..."
    "I know..." -lyrics sung by Gaston and Lefou

My future: a skipper on the Jungle Cruise (or hiding from the skipper that keeps trying to get me to be on!)
    I'm the woman standing infront of you reading while the line infront of me has disappeared

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I would love to see a new park based on the villians but I think the current parks are in desperate need of attention. There are far too many empty spaces in WDW that are screaming for attractions. I'd test the waters for a villian themed park at some of these by building new villan based dark rides or housing a villan based show like Nemo or Lion King. Maybe add a new land to MK for the badguys to try and offset the Harry Potter land at Universal. I would at least bring back the villians character meal.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

AngelMia007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I couldn't agree more. I think most everyone would agree with the idea that WDW as a whole needs some attention to bring it up to date and spruce things up. I think the focus for the Disney company for the next few years is Disneyland and DCA; thus, by 2010 we should see a focus shift to WDW (similar to what the writer is saying in the article). Do I think they'll do a villians park? Not really. Would a villians "land" be a good idea? Absolutely. Disney does need to add some additional thrills, but in their way - not copycat Universal (which I doubt Disney would ever do). Let's face it though, the previous poster is right, they're going to have to do something to compete on the same level with the Harry Potter phenom at Universal once it's complete. I'm not saying a villians area would be the ideal "competition" with Harry Potter, but Disney will need something new to "draw" the attention back to them.

"We're all mad here......"

"Come on Carlos, don't be Chicken!"

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't want to see a fifth park that's a "niche market" park. I mean thrill seekers & teenagers may not like Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom or the Studios totally but there are a few thrill rides in each park. In the Kingdom you have the three Mountains, Epoct has Space, Soarin' & Test Track, Animal Kingdom has Everest, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur & Primeval Whirl and the Studios has Tower, RRC & even Star Tours.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreak516 View Post
    I don't want to see a fifth park that's a "niche market" park. I mean thrill seekers & teenagers may not like Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom or the Studios totally but there are a few thrill rides in each park. In the Kingdom you have the three Mountains, Epoct has Space, Soarin' & Test Track, Animal Kingdom has Everest, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur & Primeval Whirl and the Studios has Tower, RRC & even Star Tours.
    I'm sure even though the 5th park is going to be geared towards coaster freaks and thrill junkies, that Disney will have a few tamer rides for the whole family to go on. Think of it this way, it'll be like flipping the ratio between thrill rides to gentle rides in the MK, you'll have a bunch of thrill rides with a few tamer rides here and there, plus maybe a couple shows that the whole family can watch (depending on ages of kids, that is) and maybe a little villians "hideout" for the kiddies and there ya go, a park for everyone to enjoy, but mostly geared towards thrill seekers.

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    In all honesty, I feel that both Animal Kingdom and the Studios are already, to some extent, "niche market" parks. I can do both in a single day, simply because I'm not a huge movie fan, and I'm not too keen on safaris and that sort of thing, either. Both parks have a few good attractions, as well as restaurants and stores, but I enjoy the Magic Kingdom and Epcot much more, as they have a broader range of things to do and see. I think if Disney were to ever do a villians-themed park focusing more on thrills, it would be in keeping with their apparent goal to virtually eliminate single-park tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I'm sure even though the 5th park is going to be geared towards coaster freaks and thrill junkies, that Disney will have a few tamer rides for the whole family to go on. Think of it this way, it'll be like flipping the ratio between thrill rides to gentle rides in the MK, you'll have a bunch of thrill rides with a few tamer rides here and there, plus maybe a couple shows that the whole family can watch (depending on ages of kids, that is) and maybe a little villians "hideout" for the kiddies and there ya go, a park for everyone to enjoy, but mostly geared towards thrill seekers.
    Still, I think it will not be a good idea. People don't just goto Disney World for Thrill Rides. Pirates is my second favorite ride in the Disney Parks and has only one MILD drop. Just because you can build a park of thrill rides with one or two kiddie rides don't mean you should. I worked at Walt Disney World this time last year and I cannot tell you how many kids there were in the parks who either couldn't go on a ride due to height restrictions or were scared to. I was scared going into Space Mountain the first time I was going on it when I was 8 and that would be my second roller coaster. Granted I loved it but I don't think it is a smart move. Disney is about theme parks for EVERYONE not a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by angharad
    In all honesty, I feel that both Animal Kingdom and the Studios are already, to some extent, "niche market" parks. I can do both in a single day, simply because I'm not a huge movie fan, and I'm not too keen on safaris and that sort of thing, either. Both parks have a few good attractions, as well as restaurants and stores, but I enjoy the Magic Kingdom and Epcot much more, as they have a broader range of things to do and see. I think if Disney were to ever do a villians-themed park focusing more on thrills, it would be in keeping with their apparent goal to virtually eliminate single-park tickets.
    I can see your point. The Studios is in all reality for movie fans or people who love going behind the scenes. I fall in both so it's no wonder why it's my favorite Disney park. Animal Kingdom, is a different beast(no pun intended) all together. It is very, very different like Epcot was back in the 1980's except Animal Kingdom had Mickey Mouse from day one. As for what you've said about the rides, I find Animal Kingdom holds this more true than the Studios. I loved a lot of the Studios' attractions and it has 4 of my top 10 favorite attractions in Disney World which ties Magic Kingdom. However I think you need to improve Epoct(WoL pavilion and maybe place attractions in some of the nations if they don't have it yet like Germany, Italy, Muraco(SP) and UK/England), the Studios(replacing Indy Stunt show and the Backlot Tour) and Animal Kingdom(where do I start with adding rides?).

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    However I think you need to improve Epoct(WoL pavilion and maybe place attractions in some of the nations if they don't have it yet like Germany, Italy, Muraco(SP) and UK/England), the Studios(replacing Indy Stunt show and the Backlot Tour) and Animal Kingdom(where do I start with adding rides?).
    I'm in complete agreement on that. Epcot is my favourite park, but I'd love to see it fleshed out with more rides. I think I'd be more interested in Animal Kingdom if it had Beastly Kingdom attached to it. As for the Studios...I wish all the newer movie-themed attractions would go in there instead of replacing things at the Magic Kingdom. I feel like they'd fit there better, and the Studios needs the extra stuff more than MK does.

Quote Originally Posted by angharad View Post
    I'm in complete agreement on that. Epcot is my favourite park, but I'd love to see it fleshed out with more rides. I think I'd be more interested in Animal Kingdom if it had Beastly Kingdom attached to it. As for the Studios...I wish all the newer movie-themed attractions would go in there instead of replacing things at the Magic Kingdom. I feel like they'd fit there better, and the Studios needs the extra stuff more than MK does.
    Some of the stuff I agree with but like Timekeeper which was replaced by the Laugh Floor, it had only a long shelflife to begin with, Alien Encounter was ok but I'm in the minority of thinking that Stitch's Great Escape is better. And Phillarmagic was a step-up from Legend of the Lion King. I think the Winnie the Pooh ride could have been put in either England (Pooh came from England) or even Animal Kingdom in Camp Minnie-Mickie, just to keep Mr. Toad there.

Anyway, the problem with the Studios is how backstage is laid out, you can't really build onto it because of the set-up of the park.

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You have to think like a business. I will use UPS as an example. Forever UPS only provided ground service, then when fedex came out with air only service, you had two carriers, one provided ground and the other provided air. UPS soon realized that it could make more money if it made itself a "one stop shop" so they entered into the air market and evnutally international. The idea is for the company to offer a portfolio of services. Disney and Universal or Sixflags each experience this same need for a cross sell. Disney is obviously the family park will sixflags and universal or more thrill. So people always say (even though they are wrong) "Disney is for kids, I like Six Flags" Disney sees this as an opporunity to come to their resort and experience it all, from family fun rides to extreme thrills. This is definately a good move to reach the teen/ thrill seeking market. And if you don't like that...they have four theme parks and two water parks you can enjoy as well! Just think of it though as the one stop shop.
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

I understand the whole idea that it expands the theme park brand BUT, are the other amusement parks like the Six Flags chain, Cedar Fair chian and your Hersheypark's, even in the league of Walt Disney theme parks? No, not really, maybe California Adventure(haven't been there but I've heard the stories and I'll find out in May) I don't think it would hurt to add it, BUT Disney World needs to fix other places first like the Studios, replacing Wonders of Life in Epcot and changing Pleasure Island before they go out and build the 5th park. I also don't think the $200/$300 ticket/meal base that was talked about at one point is a good idea. I wouldn't spend an extra $200/$300 to ride more rides than I can with a base Magic Your Way or getting an Annual Pass through DVC.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    In the grand scheme of things, is it all that profitable for Disney to create a single thrill park? In my opinion, a thrill park caters to just one demographic (teens/young adults), while excluding all of the others. To me, it would be more profitable to add several thrill rides through out all of the parks. That way, everyone can be happy (when their happy they spend more money!!!)
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    In the grand scheme of things, is it all that profitable for Disney to create a single thrill park? In my opinion, a thrill park caters to just one demographic (teens/young adults), while excluding all of the others. To me, it would be more profitable to add several thrill rides through out all of the parks. That way, everyone can be happy (when their happy they spend more money!!!)
    Sure they could make a thrill park, and sure they could add more thrill rides to the existing parks, but think about this, where would you add thrill attractions in the existing parks? Unless there's room for expansion at the existing parks, something's gotta go in order to make room for the newer thrill rides. Chances are, it's probably an attraction everyone can experience together as a family and then being replaced to a high speed thrill ride that would probably seperate the family in half. I think having a thrill park would be a better idea and come up and if you want to add something new in the other parks, make them'family' attractions where everyone could ride together without being torn apart because someone doesn't want to ride. I would like to see the thrills removed from Epcot, and have the pavillions restored to their former glory, but then again, I don't think anyone would enjoy riding a 10+ minute slow moving educational ride about the history of transportation, but what if they stepped it up a notch, I'm sure they could come up with an awsome attraction about transportation without relying on pixar's movie "Cars" instead of a slot-car racetrack from heck.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Jim Hill strikes again!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast