Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Theme Park to be added to DW in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by darrylpan In my opinion while we would all like a fifth gate to drool about, I think we are not likely to see one. There is a ...
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by darrylpan View Post
    In my opinion while we would all like a fifth gate to drool about, I think we are not likely to see one. There is a lack of good workers and all the parks have a hard time getting enough good personnel for them. I think we are likely to see improvements and expansions to the existing parks and I actually like that better than a fifth gate.
    The real reason is it would be a financial failure and Disney knows it
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    dont forget it only took them 2 1/2 years to build magic kingdom!

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm not to sure about the villians theme park myself, but I think Disney can pull pretty much anything they want off. I think that it would be cool to have a thrill park, I really love thrill rides myself but I feel that it won't all be thrill rides. I think that DW would do a great job with it, but we'll see...
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yeah theres way to much possibility with the villians park it would be thrills all the way

SteamboatWillie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Since when did Mickey become some omnipotent god-like caretaker of all that is good, preventing villains from getting too much attention? I don't think a villains park is contradictory, villains are just as much a part of disney as their protagonist counterparts. It would still be as family friendly as any other disney park. These villains exist either way and giving them the spotlight wont scare away children or teach them to be evil .

Disney villains, while certainly evil, are not really that bad... Sure they try to commit evil acts but they are always are foiled by some hero. Disney isn't likely to change this even if a park was made based on villains.

That article was right, everest really turned animal kingdom around (at least for me, I see that park in a whole new light and look forward to going there for that ride.) The way I see it, a thrill park based on villains would still have rides for the kids (they arent going to get scared from disney villains enough to not want to go there), yet people who never liked disney or parents with teens who don't want to go to disney anymore would start attending and it would boost the attendance I'm sure.

Steamboat Willie

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    I think it depends on the reason you go to WDW also. I went thinking that Everest and Mission Space would be the most bad *** thing around but I was actually disappointed with both. Everest, the yeti was anticlimactic and Mission Space was way too short. A few days after I got there I changed the whole reason I was there for. I looked more for Hidden Mickeys and looked more at the history side of things and the "little known facts" about it.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well since this old thread found it's way back to life... let me just remind everyone that the original article was really a "story" and not actual news of something being released. While we all know somewhere there are plans for another park, until WDI releases those plans to the press, no one will know for sure.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456