Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Toy Story Opening Early and New Daily Parade in the News & Rumors forums; My wonderful mother, who couldn't stand that I knew about all things disney before her, is now listening to an insane amount of podcasts and sending me e-mails every morning ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Toy Story Opening Early and New Daily Parade

My wonderful mother, who couldn't stand that I knew about all things disney before her, is now listening to an insane amount of podcasts and sending me e-mails every morning with what she's learned (she loves knowing stuff before me now). This same wonderful mother sent me an email this morning saying that the new Toy Story attraction is opening early (April 24th) and that there is going to be a new daily parade.

Happy to hear that the new ride is opening early (cuz we'll get to do it in May) but now I'm crazed and concerned that the Stars and Motor Cars parade will be gone before we get to DHS in May... something I was REALLY looking forward to my son seeing now that he's so Cars crazed.

Anyone have any details on this?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm not sure I would call it a "new" parade. New for DHS, certainly. But it's the Block Party Bash that's been over in DCA for a couple years now. DCA will be getting the new parade, Pixar Play Parade.

The Stars & Motorcars Parade wasn't an exclusively Cars-centric parade. It featured characters from all the movies riding in motorcars. Not "Cars", just cars.

Last time I was there, there was a meet-and-greet of sorts with Lightening McQueen and Mater. Hopefully that will still be around for your little one...

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    The Stars & Motorcars Parade wasn't an exclusively Cars-centric parade. It featured characters from all the movies riding in motorcars. Not "Cars", just cars.
    Oh that much I know. I (personally) have seen the parade 3 or 4 times, but this would've been my son's first. I capitilized the "C" in that word out of habit... I meant his fascination with cars... as in the things on wheels. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    OHHHH. Well then. Uhm. In that case, er, never mind. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    OHHHH. Well then. Uhm. In that case, er, never mind. :-)
    No no your reply was very helpful. Confirmed my fears... but helpful!! Maybe I can at least get him to a meet and greet with Lightning and Mater. He'd love that.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-12-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I also heard somewhere that the Stars, and Motor Cars parade is leaving (I think I may have actually seen it in the '08 vacation planning video but I may be wrong). I love that parade and am sad to see it go. It's too bad your little one will miss out on it. However, on my December trip we got to see Lightning McQueen and Mater drive down the street to go and "park" for their meet and greet that they were getting ready to do. Very cool! I don't know if you've seen them before, but if you haven't here are some pics I was able to get as they drove past.

I'm sure your son would love to see them! Just curious, does anyone know if they do autographs?? My sister and I were joking around wondering if they like run over your autograph books or something, lol.

I'm excited to hear that Toy Story Mania is opening early, you'll have to tell us how it is!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I thought I heard that the CM's who are with characters that can't sign autographs carry a stamp or something that they can mark your book. May be that was just something I thought up in one of my many Disney filled dreams
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Oh my goodness those pictures are awesome. He would FLIP if he got to see that. Wow... just wow. That's a meet and greet we can't miss.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Maybe they have the stamp like the Kermit stamp. Somebody else with funky hands has a stamp- Buzz maybe? Now I will have to go look.
    I can't believe all the new things going on that I haven't seen yet. I can almost not stand it.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Jenn..Glad you like the pics! I thought they were pretty cool too when we got to see them.

And yes, Cindy, Buzz is the other character that uses a stamp for his autographs.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Jenn..Glad you like the pics! I thought they were pretty cool too when we got to see them.

And yes, Cindy, Buzz is the other character that uses a stamp for his autographs.
    Yeah cause you can't sign autographs in a space suit. Ask any of the Apollo astronauts.

Sallyb5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Been looking at a web site that has some details of the new Block Party Bash Parade, sounds like you need to brush up on The YMCA dance! They also have some details of the Toy Story Mania ride and how the ride may look. Can't wait to see it, hopefully it will be all open when we come in July!

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The BPB should start, I think, in March??? maybe April????
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Sallyb5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    From what I've been reading the parade will have people doing the YMCA dance and the macarena!!!! Better start practising.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We were there in late January and saw Lightnin' and Mater. They were located around the entrance of the Back Lot Tour. Very amazing characters as they were just like the movie yet full size vehicles. And a nice racy sound from Lightin' when he starts his motor. They, just like other characters, are greeting only for periods of time. I guess they have to use the potty, too.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast