Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Canada attraction??? in the News & Rumors forums; Alrighty -- got this photo: Yellow is the back of Canada, the dot representing the current theater. Blue is Imagination Green is the Land Pink is Millenium The red box ...
    Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Alrighty -- got this photo:

Yellow is the back of Canada, the dot representing the current theater.
    Blue is Imagination
    Green is the Land
    Pink is Millenium

The red box is the rough site of Soarin'.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    GREAT pic and information!!! (I think I see myself)

Thanks!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Same picture, but with the perimeter road highlighted (the "build-to" point) and the available space blocked out in orange, assuming it would load through the old theater, otherwise that can be incoroporated too.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was just reading that it may have coaster sections as well as flume sections.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

aesalsa is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm all for another great ride in EPCOT, namely in the World Showcase. But I don't like the idea using a Disney movie to theme it, i.e, Brother Bear. In fact, I think it would be out of character for the Word Showcase to use ANY movie to theme rides there--to my knowledge there are no rides there currently that have a movie theme except for The Living Seas (but that's in Future World). That's one of the reasons why World Showcase is my second favorite area in WDW--it's not a lot of Disney merchandising, and that's refreshing to me .

Erika
    A Self-proclaimed Disney Freak (And Proud Of It!) :mickey:

Well, i finally saw Brother Bear last night. It had it's cute parts, but overall I was glad I never spent the money to buy it. It was just so predictable. Within the first five minutes I was commenting to my fiance what was gonna happen with all the storylines, and sure enough I hit everyone correctly. It just seemed to be missing something.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Thumbs up

A new attraction for Canada sounds GREAT! Being Canadaian and having worked at EPCOT (Food and Beverage at Canada) I have seen the movie alot and they needed to either update the movie or change the attraction. A water ride sounds pretty good to me. Guests will most likely go to a ride more so than a movie so from a marketing point of view more people will visit the Canadian pavallion, EH!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Welcome Donna!

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm afraid that I don't have any insight into the probability of this happening, but as a WDW vacationer during the summer months, I bet a water ride would be packed!! World Showcase is one of the hottest places in the parks during the summer....beat only, in our opinion, by any place in DAK!!

We'd love to see something like this. And it would be good to get a prime attraction on that side of EPCOT to balance the crowds that right now will be heavily driven to M:S and Test Track!

Go for it, Disney!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Parkhopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    This sounds like a great idea! I would really like to see another attraction with some draw in Epcot. While I love what is already there, it has always seemed to me like they could do more.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    WS definitely needs something else, and Canada is a perfect location (having Maelstrom and El Rio on the left hand side). This would also help bring in a younger crowd, who I believe often feels like WS is boring or there's nothing really to "do" there. However, in refrring to another thread here, I hope it's not just an excuse to make a "Brother Bear" themed attraction to generate merchandise sales (for a movie that didn't do all that well, anyway).
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    A water ride would be great and even though Brother Bear didn't do so well I think it would be pretty cool. The two moose, Rutt and Tuke are voiced by Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis who used to do a comedy routine here in Canada ( Bob and Doug Mackenzie on SCTV) Their voices are among the most recognizable to any Canadian 25 or older.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

more possibilities good and not so good

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I was just reading that it may have coaster sections as well as flume sections.
    If this is the type of ride they are going for it will more likely be a flume ride (splash mtn) than a raft ride (Kali) yes? I belive Sea World has one of these flume/ coasters yes? I haven't been back to SW since it opened this attraction has anyone experienced it or have any picture.

Personally I don't have a problem with Disney basing attractions on movies that have mixed reviews/ appeal. For instance I only came to love the Hunchback of Notre Dame because of the show at Disney MGM studios, it has grown on me to the point where I love the movie too now. Also although I loved Mr Toads Wild ride, I don't see it as one of Disney's greatest movies. As long as the attraction is great it does not matter so much if the movie was great.

I think there is one down side many folks in this thread have overlooked, and that is probably due to the fact that Soarin' has not opened yet. You see, I seem to remember hearing (and I hope I am wrong here) that Food Rocks will not reopen when Soarin opens. Has anyone else heard this or am I miss - remembering something here? If that is the case it seems almost certain that O' Canada (the 360? circle vision movie) would close if Canada gets the white water attraction. I would miss it but I can actually see one bright side even to this, in addition to the real estate already identified in the aerial photos others have shown in this thread the space of the current O' Canada theatre and even the space between the theatre and the "Hotel" style building could be redeveloped as part of this project.

Would the possibility of losing this movie change any of your opinions as to wether this should proceed or not?

As to those of you who will undoubtedly say that Disney should have both attractions at this pavilion, what would that mean for the other Epcot pavilions, would they get to pay a lower rate for their sponsorship agreements than Canada does, is Canada willing to pay more to have a two attraction pavilion? You can see how other sponsors might want to get more bang for their buck if Canada's rate did not go up, especially pavilions where the primary attractions right now are things like, art galleries, shopping, model railroads, and live entertainment One side point here, I think that the live entertainment is so good and in such good quantity in Great Britain (British Invasion, World showcase players, Bagpiper, Pam Brody, Character Greetings) that it brings it up to the level of an attraction.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

yes, Sea world does have a flume/coaster ride. I'm a Seaworld passholder, but I've only bothered to try this ride once or twice as I wasn't all that impressed. Frome what I understand it used to have more of a story that you followed, but these days a lot of those elements are missing or not running all the time, so it is just the ride.

and yes, food rocks is closed forever. the space it used to occupy I belive is part of the cue for Soarin'

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I hated Briother Bear. It was like a Saturday mirning cartoon. I hope they dont ruin a ncie Canada pavilion with that

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast