Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Canada attraction??? in the News & Rumors forums; I think a ride would be good for World Showcase. The two it has are not real high profile rides - the IaSW-like boat ride in Mexico talking about the ...
    Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I think a ride would be good for World Showcase. The two it has are not real high profile rides - the IaSW-like boat ride in Mexico talking about the nation's history and the mild Splash Mountain-like boat ride in Norway. The potential ride that is being described sounds like it would become one of the "must-ride" list of rides for thrill seekers. I think Brother Bear was an ok movie, but one thing bothers me - I always thought that Brother Bear was set in the American west. I maybe wrong - this may have just been my perception - perhaps they left the setting ambiguous, only implying that it takes place in north-western North America, which could be US or Canada. What does everyone else think?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Who knows... maybe they can resurrect the Rhine River attraction in Germany, or the roller coaster in Japan?!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    I think a ride would be good for World Showcase. The two it has are not real high profile rides - the IaSW-like boat ride in Mexico talking about the nation's history and the mild Splash Mountain-like boat ride in Norway. The potential ride that is being described sounds like it would become one of the "must-ride" list of rides for thrill seekers. I think Brother Bear was an ok movie, but one thing bothers me - I always thought that Brother Bear was set in the American west. I maybe wrong - this may have just been my perception - perhaps they left the setting ambiguous, only implying that it takes place in north-western North America, which could be US or Canada. What does everyone else think?
    Well A couple of the charaters in the movie were moose that talked like Bob and Doug Mc Kenzie (a Canadain comedy duo from the 1980's best know for a couple of movies and a few novelty songs, take off, and a canadian 12 days of Christmas), so that sort of implies Canada, also aren't moose much more plentiful in Canada than the USAs' portion of the west? not sure on that point, it's just a feeling.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Oh yeah, those two are Canadian! I forgot that, but it's been a while since I have seen one of their duo movies. I don't know about where moose mainly live. I am going to have to watch Brother Bear again and see what made me associate the movie with the American west - been a while since I have seen that one too.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I am really hoping that this is true. If they do make a river ride, this would bring the Mountain Range up to 5, right? Hopefully it will be more exciting than Kali.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

On another thread, someone listed these six "mountains" ...

Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Space Mountain
    Fantasmic Mountian
    Mount Mayday
    Mount Gushmore

So, Everest should make number 7 and this attraction will make number 8, if it turns out to be a "mountain."
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I completely forgot about Fantasmic Mountain, Mt. Gushmore, and Mt. Mayday...what are the chances of them putting (IMO) the best mountain in DL...the Matterhorn...in WDW? Slim to none, probably...
    -Taylor

Yeah, I don't think we will ever see the Matterhorn in WDW because they are trying to make the parks different, that way we will want to go to all of the Disney parks.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    Yeah, I don't think we will ever see the Matterhorn in WDW because they are trying to make the parks different, that way we will want to go to all of the Disney parks.
    Except they are making an exact copy of California Adventure's Soarin' in Epcot. Soarin' was one of the (very) few reasons to go to California Adventure!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Except they are making an exact copy of California Adventure's Soarin' in Epcot. Soarin' was one of the (very) few reasons to go to California Adventure!
    I thought the Soarin' in Epcot was just the same general concept as the one at DCA - I thought the one at DCA has a California theme and the one at Epcot will have a global theme.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Last I heard, when it opens next year, it is supposedly going to use the same movie as the one in California. There had been talk about changing the ending (a flyover of Disneyland to a flyover of WDW), but that had been scrapped. Eventually it is believed it will get its own movie, but we'll see.
    I'll try to find the references to this and post them here.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004

Just as Tower of Terror was a good reason to visit the Disney/MGM Studios, yet they built one in DCA
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

grimghost is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny
    I'm afraid that I don't have any insight into the probability of this happening, but as a WDW vacationer during the summer months, I bet a water ride would be packed!! World Showcase is one of the hottest places in the parks during the summer....beat only, in our opinion, by any place in DAK!!

We'd love to see something like this. And it would be good to get a prime attraction on that side of EPCOT to balance the crowds that right now will be heavily driven to M:S and Test Track!

Go for it, Disney!
    Granny..from the DIS?

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    And sadly I hear Tower in DL has some -theming issues-. Hopefully our Soarin doesn't fall into the same problem. They are using the same video from DCA but are expected to update it by Epcots 25th.

Everybody seems to be upset about them using the video from DCA, but I loved that ride!! I think that tyhey should keep the video, or perhaps update it avery 5 years or so. It's a great ride, one of the 5 (and only 5) reasons to go to DCA!
    -Taylor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast