Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney buying back Disney store? in the News & Rumors forums; Well, Monday came and went with no news about what stores will be closing. I would have to think it will take at least a few month's....
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Well, Monday came and went with no news about what stores will be closing. I would have to think it will take at least a few month's.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Any word on which stores are closing?
    It better not be one of my favorites!

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Disney stores sure have changed! I wish they would go bac to the way they used to be. They're full of cheesy merchandise now
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Freckles is offline A-Ticket holder
    Any word on which stores are closing?
    Hey, I am a cast member at a store in Michigan. I know the tentative list of stores closing is out. I'm not sure where it is on the internet, but if you feel like digging I'm sure you can find it.

I know that in Michigan, they are only planning on keeping 3 stores at this point. However, the list is tentative and Disney is taking some 200+ days to decide offically what stores will close and what ones they will be keeping.

At least this is what I have been told

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've found the list, and I am not happy at all!
    It is only tentative, things may still change, but my closest store is on the closing list
    The list is here: http://chapter11.epiqsystems.com/docket/docketlist.aspx
    Search for Docket #91
    click on the "Images" link on the right - they are actually 6 downloadable PDF files with all the terms. (they have different names on the image link, but they download as Document 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, not sure that is the actual order tho).

The U.S. and Canadian stores they are keeping are on page 37 - 40 of Document #5

The U.S. stores they are not interested in keeping (at least right now) are on page 39 - 40 of Document #6; Canadian Stores closing are on page 3 of Document #6.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 04-21-2008 at 06:06 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I've found the list, and I am not happy at all!
    It is only tentative, things may still change, but my closest store is on the closing list
    The list is here: http://chapter11.epiqsystems.com/docket/docketlist.aspx
    Search for Docket #91
    click on the "Images" link on the right - they are actually 5 downloadable PDF files with all the terms. (they have different names on the image link, but they download as Document 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6, not sure that is the actual order tho).

The U.S. and Canadian stores they are keeping are on page 37 - 40 of Document #5

The U.S. stores they are not interested in keeping (at least right now) are on page 39 - 40 of Document #6; Canadian Stores closing are on page 3 of Document #6.
    You are the second person I know to have given me those instructions, but they have yet to work for me. I do not see a docket #91. That links brings you to docket numbers in the 1800s. And when I do a search, it doesn't find any.

Within driving distance, there are 3 Disney stores and 2 Outlets that I visit. I'm curious if any of them are on the list...but I can never see the list!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

When I click that link, it brings me to a page that starts at docket 303, and there is a search box across the top that lets you enter docket #, or date range, or Debtor (should say Hoop Holdings, LLC) or "Text Contains". If I enter 91 in the docket # search box it came right up for me.

Maybe you need to go through the whole search? Try starting from Epiq Bankruptcy Solutions and then choose Hoop Retail Stores from the "select a client" pull-down list.

If not, tell me the towns, and I'll check for you.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Took me a little bit. I had to dig around some more to find the actual lists.

Of the 5 stores I was looking for, only 1 of them is on the chopping block...the newest outlet location.
    Amanda

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    When I click that link, it brings me to a page that starts at docket 303, and there is a search box across the top that lets you enter docket #, or date range, or Debtor (should say Hoop Holdings, LLC) or "Text Contains". If I enter 91 in the docket # search box it came right up for me.

Maybe you need to go through the whole search? Try starting from Epiq Bankruptcy Solutions and then choose Hoop Retail Stores from the "select a client" pull-down list.

If not, tell me the towns, and I'll check for you.
    So what if my store isn't found anywhere b/w pages 37-40? I can't find my store number on our receipt either. The one we usually shop at is in Cincinnati, or Springdale depending on the map, at the Tri County Mall.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

So what if my store isn't found anywhere b/w pages 37-40? I can't find my store number on our receipt either. The one we usually shop at is in Cincinnati, or Springdale depending on the map, at the Tri County Mall.
    Sorry, OhioDisneyDad, it's on the closing list in document 6. It is store #6373
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Cincinnati is on Document #6, which according to Pat is the list of stores to be closed.
    Amanda

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Okay, I can't get it to work. Disneydame, is Smithhaven closing?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Sorry, OhioDisneyDad, it's on the closing list in document 6. It is store #6373
    Man that stinks. We still have the Dayton store I hope. If I'm reading the list right. Can they still acquire the other stores? I feel bad for the ladies working there.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 04-21-2008 at 06:54 PM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Okay, here is the list Disney Stores that are being kept kept OPEN:

Hope that helps since navigating and searching on that site is a bit of a pain.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 04-21-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    Amanda

Thanks Amanda

Disney05, Smith Haven is safe. LI stores going are Massapequa, Bay Shore, and the one that was going to open in the new Tanger Outlets at Deer Park.

OhioDisneyDad, I only did a quick skim of the other documents, but somewhere in there it said yes, the list can still change, and they can acquire more stores, as long as the total number of stores in the U.S. and Canada doesn't exceed 220 (or they agree otherwise).

The documents say the hearing that I believe makes all this official takes place tomorrow. There may be more updated documents on the site that I found this one on (thanks to a post on another board) - I'll try to search a bit more later tonight.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast