Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney buying back Disney store? in the News & Rumors forums; Well, the location I work at is closing which is a bummer. They have told us that they are going to try and place as many people as they can ...
    Freckles is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, the location I work at is closing which is a bummer. They have told us that they are going to try and place as many people as they can at other locations though which is good. Also, here's some info for people wondering what's going on at some stores that are being liquidated (I think that most liqudation locations have the similar procedures)...

The location I am at is expecting to stay open another 6-8 weeks, or until we sell through the merchandise we have. Right now our backroom is overflowing with merchandise because they are using us like a clearance center and sending us things that have been sitting around in a storage center for a while.

The sales are going to decrease percentage wise week by week as you would probably expect.

At least at the location I am at, we don't have that much clothing wise left. There are a lot of PJ Pals left, virtually no shirts, bathing suits, or any HSM/Hannah Montana stuff. There are plenty of various toys and plush left, so you might be alright holding off and buying that stuff later on. We are not selling any kind of media anymore, and no Disney dollars (but we still sell gift cards).

And we are still selling park tickets. They are not being marked down (some people ask ). There are definitly enough passes left to last until the location closes.

Hope that helps!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    the disney store in Holyoke MA is also going out of business!!!! there is a huge sale going on right now!!! i will now have to travel to CT to get to a disney store but i heard they are closing as well.... it seems to me many of the stores in the north are going through this
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Freckles, so sorry to hear your location is closing. I hope they will find you another location pronto!

I believe the only Connecticut store staying open at the moment is in Hartford.

Long Island lucked out, all our stores are remaining open. The only one I am not sure about is a Disney Outlet that was planned for a new outlet center that isn't open yet.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    I posted earlier that the only Disney Store in CT staying open is in the Westfarms Mall, which is on the West Hartford/Farmington line.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The good news is that I hear that the new Stores will have a more "global" outlook - they want to really tie together all the stores around the world. They are also going to concentrate more on the "Magic" and bringing the feeling you get at the Parks back to the Stores.
    It was all started by a mouse!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Is there a list or website of the stores that are going to remain open? Or has there been any additional stores that have been added to the stores that will remain open? I'd like to get an address where I can email someone and express my displeasure at the closing of our Ohio stores.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    I would just send the message to Disney's Guest Services e-mail address. I am sure that they will get it to the right person.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456