Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Say it isn't so... in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by MickeyBabe Hi aesalsa... Welcome to the DWT forums. Lou has a nice place here. Enjoy! Thank you, MickeyBabe! Good to be here ! The Pooh take-over doesn't ...
    aesalsa is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Hi aesalsa... Welcome to the DWT forums. Lou has a nice place here. Enjoy!
    Thank you, MickeyBabe! Good to be here !
    The Pooh take-over doesn't jive with me either. And I agree with MickeyBabe--there's enough opportunity to meet Pooh already (I'd personally like to see more of Mickey & Donald--but NOT in the 20,000 Leagues).

Erika
    A Self-proclaimed Disney Freak (And Proud Of It!) :mickey:

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm of a mind to withhold judgement until we really know what's going into the space that SSL currently occupies.

The thought of a nice, shady, wooded area in the parks sounds like it could be a very nice oasis for those of us who travel to WDW mostly in the hot summertime.

And if they do add a meet & greet, maybe that would take some of the pressure off of the Toontown characters meet & greet. Just a thought.

As for Pooh taking over Mr. Toad? All I can say is THANK YOU!!! I never did understand what Mr. Toad had to do with Disney Fantasyland, and the backstory was not exactly idyllic!

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    As for Pooh taking over Mr. Toad? All I can say is THANK YOU!!! I never did understand what Mr. Toad had to do with Disney Fantasyland, and the backstory was not exactly idyllic!
    You may want to watch out - those are fighting words for most old disney fans!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Aw, come on... where else in WDW could one go to "****"??

Boy, I miss that ride
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You may want to watch out - those are fighting words for most old disney fans!
    Hi Beth....you may remember me better as "Granny" from another cyber location!

Hey, I understand that people like to hang on to attractions and things that bring back a lot of great memories. I just happened to think that Mr. Toad was not a particularly good ride at WDW, from the first time I went on it.

It has been pretty obvious that they weren't going to bring back a submersible ride there. And I'm not sure what other kind of ride would have met with many nostalgic WDW-goer's approvals.

Maybe they should have rebuilt Mr. Toad there?
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Parkhopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    They could bring back Toad anytime as far as I am concerned. The Pooh stuff is strictly merchandising....which come to think of it makes perfect sense with the way things are always leaning towards the hard sell recently. I hope that they choose to do something really spectacular with the 20,000 Leagues area! The Magic Kingdom deserves something really great taking the place of a true classic! There certainly should be plenty of space there to work with.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I agree about the 20K League lagoon... I hope they do something worthwhile to it, and not just another "meet and greet then buy our toys" location.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Im going to miss the 20,000 leagues. I remember that so well being a kid

fromherashes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Aw, come on... where else in WDW could one go to "****"??
    Well, you should be happy with the Dinosaur ride at DAK, then.

I have a friend who says that he thinks that what **** would be like-- all bumpy and dark and hot.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I think I heard a rumor stating that that area is going to be turned into the hundred acre woods. Like a playground or something> I hope they'll let adults play in it too!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    That's exactly what I've heard they plan in the old 20,000 Leagues area is a 100 Acres Wood play area to tie in with the Winnie the Pooh attraction. This is supposed to be 'temporary,' but we know how temporary things become permanent around WDW. Can you say Mickey's Toontown, aka Mickey's Starland, aka Mickey's Birthdayland?
    I've heard some wonderful things planned for this area if Pooh doesn't become permanent. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Exclamation

I heard.........(drumrole please!)............that 20K is now turning into..........a Princess Playground!!!!! YAY! REJOICE!!!! Lou should be jumping for joy!!!! NO POOH!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!
    Izzy

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    I heard.........(drumrole please!)............that 20K is now turning into..........a Princess Playground!!!!! YAY! REJOICE!!!! Lou should be jumping for joy!!!! NO POOH!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!

Ugh....a Princess playground is just great as an idea as a Pooh playground.

Whoopee!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I have the greatest suggestion yet...fill the area with water and put yellow submarines in it!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    That is a Fantastic Suggestion!!! LOL
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast