Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss River Country in the News & Rumors forums; Figured you wouldn't have - it probably would have gotten wet! It was worth a try though!...
    Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Figured you wouldn't have - it probably would have gotten wet! It was worth a try though!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

mondo1748 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ok we have heard a lot to date why Disney closed RC....The truth is if they want to get rid of a bacteria problem complet the wall that seperates the lake an filter the water better. If it was plumbing they can fix it....or if it "cost to much" re-build it". Sorry to say but I think it lies with the thought of "we have 2 bigger parks and we can save money by jamming those full and not have to staff RC" Sorry Profit is what has motivated Disney ever since the 10 year mark with Eisner hit. Nothing is done unless profit is the sole focus. Don't get me wrong it's a business and yes profit is a need. Disney has though gone from 60% guest concern and 40% profit worries in their policies to 95% profit concern and 5% guest concerns (this is only because thestaff tries their hardest).

Yes this sounds like I'm crabbing but I want anyone to look back and tell me how this isn't right, with respect to Disney Worlds past policies. Now the cheap and easy reign. Before we can build a Mega-resort the likes no one has ever known on a swamp....we can bring you to the movies and break the bounderies of what is standard in the industry......Now it's let's build another "dumbo like" ride (Aladdin's Carpets or Triceritops Spin" Gee a carnival ride with a Disney theme....Guess that's a cheap out. Get rid of busses and put in a monorail expansion....not that it would in there words "cost a lot of money and not justify the cost" and did I mention it's not a profit maker (their words). The Fact is RC was ment to close and it's nothing other then "hey we have a problem and can fix it but it will cost" ....."Oh then we have 2 other water parks just close RC"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Here is a copy of a reply I sent to a reader who inquired about River Country, who advised that another site reported that it "just" closed for good:

River Country has actually been "permanently" closed for some time now, and there are no plans to reopen it. Sadly, problems with the water, as well as the size of the park in relation to the other water parks, have left this area in somewhat of a state of "limbo." There have been talks of converting it for use by Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness guests only, but the dollars involved to make that happen outweigh the benefits to just two resorts. I fear that with funds being directed towards new attractions (e.g. Soarin, Expedition Everest, the 50th celebration, etc.), that River Country is low on Disney's priority list.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Allearsnet.com reported this week that Disney announced River Country is permanently closed.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Allearsnet.com reported this week that Disney announced River Country is permanently closed.
    Disney has had it on the website that the place has been closed for a while now. THey were getting a bunch of questions on it so Disney probably made at least a semi-official announcement.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Did anyone else read the Jim Hill article about the idea for a pirates of the Caribbean water park? there's some nice concept art for it there too.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1252

not any thing that they are definatly going for (and I'm guessing it would go in a different locale... but it is nice to see that the idea of building another water park of some sort or another is being tossed around a bit. In another article a ferw days later he points out another reason the river country site is unlikely to be re developed as a water park.
    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1253

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Those were great articles! Thanks!

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    River Country will be missed, It was a WDW staple for me. For those who asked:
    hmm, I can't insert a picture.. I wonder if it's because I"m on my Mac. I'll post it in album and give you a link.

Here you go WDW fans. Sorry if I drudge old topics, I'm new and I"m enjoying reading them all. (also awaiting the trivia book, purchased on ebay this week)

Click here for the River Country pics: River country

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    great pics ultimateWDWfan, I see you list your favorite Disney Movie as "A Dream callled Walt Disney World" each year that Disney comes out with the wonderful collectors tin compilations (Walt Disney Treasures! that's the name of it!) I keep hoping they will do for WDW what they did for Disneyland and dedicate a tin to specials on WDW (
    at least they put out the E.P.C.O.T. film on the Tomorrowland Disney in Space and Beyond DVD set)! A freind is transfering some of the WDW specails I do have to DVD for me right now...but I don't thing that "dream" is one I have.

And so as not to be too far off topic, yes I'll miss the ol' swimmin hole too, even if they build a great up-to date third water park at a different site, I think if this site goes undeveloped for too long perhaps all the intrest from us long time WDW fans will make them re-think the possibility of re-habbing the current site (as a fourth water park...yes I like that idea). That may be overly optomistic but you gotta breath a little hope into ideas sometimes, perhaps it will make someone else think.
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 03-17-2005 at 03:12 PM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT.com from a fellow Long Island neighbor! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Big Brian: I'm in the process of putting all of my Disney tapes on to DVD. I agree that they should come out with a collectors DVD for WDW ast hey did for Disneyland. I actually saw a dream called WDW in the theaters in 1980. I also have all the lightship productions, which are great on tape.

Disneydame, thanks for the hello... and what exit are you? (I'm 62)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Further west, exit 48 S!

We have chat here every Tuesday & Thursday at 9 p.m. (until very late) - stop by if you can!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I'll try to make it tonight, I have to go and set up my father in law's computer tonight. Sounds fun. :mickey:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123