Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss This is what I heard at Animal Kingdom's 10th in the News & Rumors forums; While I was standing in line for Joe Rohde's autograph there were 2 Kilamonjaro Safari cast members in front of me. They said that Joe Rohde rode KS on monday ...
    pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

This is what I heard at Animal Kingdom's 10th

While I was standing in line for Joe Rohde's autograph there were 2 Kilamonjaro Safari cast members in front of me. They said that Joe Rohde rode KS on monday and he was not happy with the new storyline. They said that he spent a lot of time at the attraction. They said that they wouldn't be surprised if the storyline was changed again! The cast members said that they do not like the new storyline themselves, they think that it is confusing for guests. Interesting....

BRING BACK LITTLE RED

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    hmm that aint good
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    While I was standing in line for Joe Rohde's autograph there were 2 Kilamonjaro Safari cast members in front of me. They said that Joe Rohde rode KS on monday and he was not happy with the new storyline. They said that he spent a lot of time at the attraction. They said that they wouldn't be surprised if the storyline was changed again! The cast members said that they do not like the new storyline themselves, they think that it is confusing for guests. Interesting....

BRING BACK LITTLE RED
    Well, it's nice to know that Joe Rohde feels the same way we do!

When we rode it for the first time since the change, we were all disappointed. It doesn't make any sense!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    What was the storyline change?
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    The storyline is by far the least important aspect of the ride, they should junked it all and just show you the animals
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    The storyline is by far the least important aspect of the ride, they should junked it all and just show you the animals
    But every Disney ride HAS to tell a story! That's what makes it Disney.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    What was the storyline change?
    I can't find all the specifics right now. Basically, the poachers story had to do with the Mama elephant, Big Red, and her child - Little Red. There were announcements that were heard throughout the ride referring to the poachers and warnings shouted out to Little Red.

If you go to Jim Hill Media and do a search, I believe there is a story about how much it changed even during the CM previews.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I've only been on the safari twice and I didn't pay attention to the storyline. All I did was take pictures of the animals . Also, my two trips were pretty close together so the story probably didn't change in between them.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

I miss Little Red...the story line is just stupid now. And my friend went for the first time with me after the change, and she didn't get it...I told her the old story line and she was like "i would have loved that!!!"

it's certainly missed...
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

I've ridden several times, last in January - and really didn't care or pay attention to the storyline, although I remember some of it was just annoying.

My BEST ride on KS a few years ago was after the Behind the Scenes Safari tour - when we commandeered a vehicle [= zero wait], and our tour guide (Paul) just narrated - zoologically speaking - the whole trip. I learned more during that ride than the rest of the tour. He pointed out the different species (mostly animals but also some plants) we had seen or talked about off stage. That was my first time on KS, and loved it (ie. with the silly poacher spiel turned OFF).

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    But every Disney ride HAS to tell a story! That's what makes it Disney.
    Not every ride has a story. In any event, the animals are the real story at this ride.
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    What were the changes?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    Not every ride has a story. In any event, the animals are the real story at this ride.
    Every attraction has a story. In the case of the safari, the story has gotten a bit lost, but it's still there.

Disney doesn't do ANYTHING without some sort story. It's what separates Disney from everyone else.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Disney doesn't do ANYTHING without some sort story. It's what separates Disney from everyone else.
    Not necessarily, the 'others' have storylines for their attractions. Heck, even the coasters at Six Flags have some story behind them, even though it may not be as strong as you'd find at Universal or Disney, but there is a story that goes along with the theme. Six Flags is finally getting this concept when they've opened up their Dark Knight Coaster, it's just basically a themed indoor wild mouse coaster, but from what I heard is pretty well themed for a Six Flags park and looks like they're getting their act together

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'm confused. Has the storyline moved away from Big Red/Little Red and saving them from poachers? I was last there in November '06, and that's what the storyline was then.