Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pop Century - Legendary Years in the News & Rumors forums; Yes, Jim Hill: Jim Hill : Are Disney World's recession worries starting to recede ?...
    Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    ^^^^ So the Jim Hill article is full, 100% fact? Disney is actually going to go forward with it this time?
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Pop Century - Legendary Years

And a couple of years later we are still waiting.

Wonder if all the tractor pads that were cancelled for WDW were going to be for the Suites. And could Legendary have been cancelled twice in the same decade do to economic stress. So Sad.

Jeff Lange : Looking across the lake at Pop Century's unfinished "Legendary Years"

Jeff Lange : How Suite will this be? A closer look at the uncompleted portion of WDW's Pop Century resort

Nothing else, Lange is sure an excellent photographer.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And a couple of years later we are still waiting.

Wonder if all the tractor pads that were cancelled for WDW were going to be for the Suites. And could Legendary have been cancelled twice in the same decade do to economic stress. So Sad.

Jeff Lange : Looking across the lake at Pop Century's unfinished "Legendary Years"

Jeff Lange : How Suite will this be? A closer look at the uncompleted portion of WDW's Pop Century resort

Nothing else, Lange is sure an excellent photographer.
    DW and I were talkin' about The Legendary Years just last night. Those pictures remind me of that show on the History Channel, Life After People.
    They really need to find a way to get that puppy back in gear.
    How much fun are those years gonna' be to prop-out and everything?!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Those pictures remind me of that show on the History Channel, Life After People.
    Wow! So so true! I can't believe how long ago this thread was opened and there it still sits, overgrown and sad. It does make you wonder though why they haven't gone in and just knocked it all down. Aesthetically that'd be a smart thing to do so since they haven't, I keep holding onto the hope that it means someday something will become of it all!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i just dont get why you would build something like this and not maintenance it so you dont have to rework everything!! and now there going to start work again.. this is all nuts to me.. someone dropped the ball on this big time.. and i understnad work stalled after 9/11.. but that was in 2001.. what they havent seen time or found time to pick up the ball again
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

New update about Legacy Years. It is being replaced by a new Resort.
    Here's the post tread:
    Disney’s New Art of Animation Resort and replaces Legacy Years
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Im a little sad that they arent continuing the original project though...
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

This announcement reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa makes a doll to compete with Malibu Stacy. At the end of the show the Malibu Stacy doll is "updated" and this "new" Malibu Stacy outsells Lisa's very creative idea. The kicker is that what makes Malibu Stacy new is the updated doll now comes with a hat. This substitute for the Legendary years sounds just as uncreative. Way to abandon a plan, Disney. A resort themed from 4 movies...that idea sounds vaguely familiar....

Yeah its kinda like All Star Movies.....

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Jim Hill reported on this long ago. The Classic years down the road in theory should be re-themed also since Pop doesn't draw as well as
    All Star hotels.

Jim Hill : Monday Mouse Watch: Will Pop Century be rebranded as Disney's Animation Inn and Suites?

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

It's great to actually see signs of building again and great to see they are going to finish off 'Pop century' as a new resort.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

it will be good to see things being completed... it bothers me when things are left unfinished... or completely abandoned... alla River Country...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

... Ah! River Country!!... Wouldn't it be good to have something like that again?!...
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast