Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pop Century - Legendary Years in the News & Rumors forums; The Legendary Years are being turned into the The Art of Animation Resort featuring the movies Cars, Finding Nemo, Lion King, and Little Mermaid... it is scheduled to begin opening ...
    Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Pop Century - Legendary Years

The Legendary Years are being turned into the The Art of Animation Resort featuring the movies Cars, Finding Nemo, Lion King, and Little Mermaid... it is scheduled to begin opening in phases by the year of 2012
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

I would have based it totally on Disney Pixar fims....i would have put in Cars, Wall E, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

It should be called "Disney's Left-over Movie Resort."

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    I would have based it totally on Disney Pixar fims....i would have put in Cars, Wall E, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo
    Maybe not Wall E. Way too boring... total snooze-fest. Though I guess that'd be the idea. Go back to your Wall E room and get a really good night's sleep.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Lol we could replace Wall-E with Up? lol
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i would have to say that Disney does need to cool it with the Pixar takeover...

they need to move forward with both the classic Disney characters along with the Pixar characters...

not pushing one company ahead of another...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

They tried that with the Princess and the Frog. As much of a success that it was, it really wasnt what the Disney company was hoping for.....so i can see them moving even further with Pixar, as Pixar is pretty much MGM's replacement

yeh but they could have used more recognizable characters from Disney past when they returned to hand drawn...

they need to get the fans back to that... not with a brand new story that many ppl just could not connect with...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    They tried that with the Princess and the Frog. As much of a success that it was, it really wasnt what the Disney company was hoping for.....so i can see them moving even further with Pixar, as Pixar is pretty much MGM's replacement
    Disney is trying to pawn PO, FC off as Princess and the Frog with the Characters statues that have been in place since 1991 when the resort opened. Yes they are similar but a real stretch.

MHWeaver913 is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm excited and worried at the same time about this.. the idea is great, and its about time they did something with the legendary side of the area.. I really hope the decor and theme is up to par with Pop as that is one of the best things about Pop to me.

Concerns: Could have gone with some other classic movies.. I like them including Lion King, however Id like to see Beauty and the Beast as a theme or another classic yet recent Disney movie.. Up was a good suggestion or something Lilo and Stitch like perhaps?

Also, one of the major aspects of Pop Century is that it has its own devoted bus to each destination instead of one bus servicing 3 all star resorts, per destination.

I do applaud the family suite ideas and I wonder if they will go with more than just a food court here as with the family suites, you could almost pull off a table service option there.. a stretch but still an interesting idea. I'm looking forward to seeing how things are changing on that side of the lake in September when we stay at Pop
    Me (26) DW: (25) DS (6)

Previous Trips: March 1991, March 1996, June, Aug, Oct, Dec 1999, June, Aug, Dec 2000, March 2010

Next Trip: March 12-19, 2011 Staying at Pop Century!
    Admin of Illuminating Epcot - A New Site/Blog All About Epcot

Twitter: @IlluminatEpcot
    Facebook: facebook.com/mhweaver913

someone else said the same thing about the busing... yeh you will probly lose the one stop busing, and they could have used the more traditional hand drawn animations when they decided on this site... but they are about making money, and Pixar sells... we all know that...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

They should bring back the old disney characters from long ago and make the resort about that
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234