Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Expedition Everest in the News & Rumors forums; Then you can expect the worst crowds!...
    Then you can expect the worst crowds!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Brewski is offline A-Ticket holder
    In my head EE will become a Matterhorn/Indiana Jones The ride/Rockin' Roller coaster all thrown into one giant Mountain in DAK. I wonder how big the Yeti will be?
    60% of the time it works everytime

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Great planning on Disney's part to put it in the least visited park in order to more evenly disperse crowds.
    They call me "Nana"

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I have a feeling EE will be great. The imagenerrs have done a great job. I think it will be a top atracction up there with dinosaur.

I think that all the people who have dogged AK and said that they would just as soon skip the park should not be able to go once EE opens!

me agree ugh, just kidding
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by contence
    it may open late this yr as well
    I'm heading out in Jan. '06. I really hope there there will be at least a soft opening of the ride by then.

Any insider info. out there as to when the soft opening will start?

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    So far EE loks great. I was out there last weekend. They make have that 'soft opening' late this yr.

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm looking forward to this ride now I've read about it here - thanks for all the info! I hope it's open when we go in April/May next year - it should be if the projected opening time is correct
    Jen xXx

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I hope they bump the soft opening up to say ..............late September!
    They call me "Nana"

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I asked if this ride was similar to the Matterhorn a while back and was told no. Is this ride similar to the Matterhorn for certain? And someone mention that it would go forward and backward, so I'm guessing it has two different tracks and is like, if anyone is familiar with, Thunder Road (at Paramount Carowinds ) and Rebel Yell (at a Paramount park in Virginia that I have never been to but seen advertised).
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I look forward to a ride that goes backwards - at Disneyland Paris Indiana Jones went forward when we were on it - no idea why it went forward, though, as it still advertises the fact that it goes backwards
    Last edited by Scrap-Vamp; 06-28-2005 at 07:23 AM.
    Jen xXx

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    it goes backwards because they had to make it lighter while adding more seats on the ride vehicles.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    I asked if this ride was similar to the Matterhorn a while back and was told no. Is this ride similar to the Matterhorn for certain? And someone mention that it would go forward and backward, so I'm guessing it has two different tracks and is like, if anyone is familiar with, Thunder Road (at Paramount Carowinds ) and Rebel Yell (at a Paramount park in Virginia that I have never been to but seen advertised).
    Greeting Hillary, from a The old North State,
    I've been on Thunder Road , but if I understand it correctly, this is a bit different, you get on a cog train going up the mountain begin your ascent, then, SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG , the train carrens backwards "out of control", I imagine (but don't know) that at some point in that backwards decent the train hits a switch to a spur track, overall the idea is a bit reminiscent of Malestrom. Much of this is semi-guessed based on me connecting the dots between the pictures I've seen of the construction, concept art, and news releases that I read but don't really remember the text of at this point.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm heading to WDW on 2/22/06 and I will post an update and pics of how it looks. Too bad I won't be able to ride it. Although my sister wants to take the kids to WDW with the family in 7/06 or 8/06 so I might get lucky...lol...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast