Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Expedition Everest in the News & Rumors forums; this ride will definately be a great addition to Ak...
    mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    this ride will definately be a great addition to Ak
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    bigbrian, I live near Carowinds, but have never been on Thunder Road. I was always too scared and it's beenat least 3 years since I've been. Next time I go I won't be a wuss and will ride the roller coasters. I have always heard that roller coasters at Carowinds shake too much anyway. What you said about the ride going backwards makes since.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I tried to take a look at the construction at EE while on my WDW trip in June but could not see much, so no clue from me if they are on schedule, behind, etc...I know lots of you are looking forward to this ride!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I, for one, can not wait for this ride. It is a welcome addition to the AK park.
    Here is a great contruction photo a member of Magical Mountain emailed to me a while back.

Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose101
    I, for one, can not wait for this ride. It is a welcome addition to the AK park.
    Here is a great contruction photo a member of Magical Mountain emailed to me a while back.

It looks the same from my trip 2 weeks ago.. But the pic I have has about 20 men working their butts off in the HOT sun.... maybe they are done with another level.. but it looks pretty much the same...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Looks like it did to me when I was there a couple of weeks ago as well, but I don't have any new photos of it....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just got back yesterday and heard they are on schedule to open spring 2006
    Eric

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    They pushed it back? Last I heard it was opening in Jan and having a passholder preview in Dec
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    bigbrian, I live near Carowinds, but have never been on Thunder Road. I was always too scared and it's been at least 3 years since I've been. Next time I go I won't be a wuss and will ride the roller coasters. I have always heard that roller coasters at Carowinds shake too much anyway. What you said about the ride going backwards makes since.
    When I was a kid I used to live near Disneyland, I used to love going there but did not like roller coasters, in about 1978 I heartd they were getting ready to close the Matterhorn and do some renovations, I decided I would like to ride it at least once before that so that once I was older (and presumably braver) and rode it again, I'd be able to say I remember back beforet they had all these ice caverns and the Yeti, back when the inside of the mountain was just I-beams and structural steel, well I rode it but I think forcing myself to ride it like that set me back, I never did ride Space Mountain before we moved away, or the post-renovation Matterhorn, and only rode Big Thunder a few times and can't really say I much enjoyed it much those times, after we moved to WV there was a smaller amusement park there I rode their coaster and got to the point where I enjoyed it, though when we visited Kings Island in Cincinatti Senior skip day in 1985, I didn't ride the (bigger) coasters there. By the time I went to WDW in 1996 though I wasn't afraid of anything,it just wasn't so hard any more, and I can't really say why, except, perhaps, I really didn't want to feel like I was misssing out on these things that I knew so many others enjoyed.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

dancer12 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was there a little less than two weeks ago they had the lift hill up I'm pretty sure . A lot of people were opening the doors and looking in on the workers. One family even thought the ride was open and the kids were like let's go on that! I was slightly confused by that considering there's scaffolding (is that how you spell it?) all over the ride...

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    suprised no one got in trouble for that

cant wait to ride that ride

dancer12 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by contence
    suprised no one got in trouble for that
    Yeah, I was too. The people just poked their heads in, looked around, said hi to the workmen and left so it's not like tried to really get in or anything.

rnrboyya76 is offline A-Ticket holder
    big thunder mountain on steroids plus 30 mph

when i was at Animal Kingdom last Tuesday there were worlers all over the mountain and they were pouring cement in a couple areas so it looks like there gettin it done pretty quickly

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast