Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Expedition Everest in the News & Rumors forums; Does anyone know when this opens? (i mean a specific date)...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

Wink Opening?

Does anyone know when this opens?
    (i mean a specific date)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    My prediction? April 22, 2006 - Celebrating DAK's anniversary.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    According to the article in the Orlando Sentinel, the official opening will be April 7th. By the way, there are some good reviews of the ride there.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

chkdrumr is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was actually there last weekend for a DVC/AP preview. (It's awesome!) According to a cm it will open April 7. They said something about different give aways several days leading up to opening, but I was eaves-dropping and didn't get the whole story. I know of one person with existing reservations that got an invitation to ride this month. One thing I can say for sure; if you're going to check it out, be prepared for a long wait. We waited 2 hours and it wasn't yet open to the public.

nsync66138 is offline A-Ticket holder
    THat stinks that it opens the 7th, thats three days after we get home from there. Do you think there is anyway they may push the date up earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by nsync66138
    THat stinks that it opens the 7th, thats three days after we get home from there. Do you think there is anyway they may push the date up earlier?
    Changing the opening date would be like changing a wedding date; things are set - like media to be there, celebrities...etc. I've heard of people getting lucky and being asked if they want to try a ride before the opening. I think a couple of people in DWT mentioned that they got to do that with Mission Space. Go check it out and see what your chances are. You have nothing to lose but the time it takes to walk over and see EE. There are no guarantees, but you might be in the right place at the right time.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Everest

Everest was open for brief periods during my visit last week...I heard the shouts of the riders while walking over to "Dinosaur". I should have went to EE first...when I reached it, it was down with the dreaded "technical difficulties" Perhaps the driving rainstorm we were experiencing had something to do with it.

The second time I tried, 2 days later, it was again down, but would be ready "in a few hours". I decided to spend my time at Epcot instead.

Now I have a reason to go back (like I really need one!)
    Last edited by sterm26; 02-06-2006 at 03:38 PM.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    So is anyone absolutely positive that it will be open by April 7th? I definitely read April 22nd numerous times, but that just happens to be the day I leave to go home from WDW... figures. But I can totally remember being able to go on Soarin' like weeks before it was scheduled to officially open. Does anyone know what the deal is going to be with Everest?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Quote Originally Posted by egran125
    So is anyone absolutely positive that it will be open by April 7th? I definitely read April 22nd numerous times, but that just happens to be the day I leave to go home from WDW... figures. But I can totally remember being able to go on Soarin' like weeks before it was scheduled to officially open. Does anyone know what the deal is going to be with Everest?
    I don't think there is ever a guarentee that a ride - any ride- will be running the day you are in the park, but the official opening - according to the Sentinel - and they should have gotten their information from the marketing and media people - is 7th April 2006. Check it out! What do you have to lose?

Talking

I WENT ON EXPEDITION EVEREST!!!!!!! I AM NOT LYING THERE WAS A SPECIAL PREVIEW FOR PASSHOLDERS!!!!IT WAS AWESOME!!!! you see two aperences of the yeti one is a shadow of it ripping up the tracks and the second one was of him trying to catch you!!!

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    well. i officially need to go on it when I am there. I don't care if it's officially open or not. I will sneak in in the morning and learn how to operate the ride and then ride it by myself. I am psyched. Who wants to come with me? Well nevermind, you all have ridden it like 60 times already... somehow... haha. OH WELL.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Lalalalalalalalalalala!!!!!! HA HA!!! Now ive just got u so anoyed that i have ruined your day!

ask me anything about EE

hey hillary this ride is DEFINATLY NOT simaler to MAtterhorn!!! i went on it 1 time during the previews and woha! it was about as fast as Rockn Rollar Coaster!!! fell free to ask me ANY questions about it! blah blah blah!

arierayeisblond is offline A-Ticket holder
    hey, ive just gotten back from disney acouple weeks ago and wasnt able to go on Everest! how is it!?when did the previews start!!??i hear its suppose to be really intense. MAtterhorn reminds me more of Space Mountain.
    Last edited by arierayeisblond; 02-07-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dznyfreak42
    hey hillary this ride is DEFINATLY NOT simaler to MAtterhorn!!! i went on it 1 time during the previews and woha! it was about as fast as Rockn Rollar Coaster!!! fell free to ask me ANY questions about it!
    blah blah blah!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast